PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful driving your modded cars in the 626 *Story*

EvoTechNik
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Got this off another forum but I thought you guys might want to read this.

Hey 86ers,
Tell your other car friends... everyone needs to be careful on the streets driving their modified AE86s! Especially in the West Covina 626 area! I went to meet up with SuperStarLevin tonight in West Covina at the Tab Tuesday meet in the Amar/Nogales area cause I was picking up a steering wheel from him...

And we were just cruising slow to look for a store or restaurant that was open, cause we needed to get change for a $20... We were driving at maybe 1500rpm, no high revving or anything that would attract attention... and then suddenly cops were all over us and all the other cars driving to/from or near the meet area.

We didn't even make it to the meet area before our cars got pulled over. The first cop came up to my window, and I took my keys out of the ignition, handed them my driver's license, registration, and insurance... and politely asked why I was being pulled over.

Cop #1 replies "I'll tell you in a minute."

I guess they were playing good cop/bad cop cause the 2nd cop was more of a than the 1st one, the 1st wasn't so bad cause she was in training I guess. Cop 2 walks up front and tells me to pop my hood. I didn't know if I should or not, cause nobody showed me a warrant or anything, but someone told me they could tow my car if I refuse (not sure if this is true or not), so I did.

Cop 2, Azusa PD Officer E Hernandez takes a look through my engine bay... and I dunno, he must have just taken a class, or watched a video or something, and he looks at Cop #1 and starts pointing out things in my engine bay as "items to look out for."

I think this is crazy cause my zenki AE86's engine bay is pretty much stock. All the smog crap is still there, but he was giving me this mumbo jumbo about how my Injen intake is illegal, and says "hey, you have a header and exhaust. that's not legal" and he also said my rims stick out from the fender, and that's not legal either. He said, when your wheels stick out from the fenders like that, you need to have mudflaps covering them. I was going to explain how the wheels stick out, but the tires don't... but I thought I'd just keep quiet on that one.

I thanked him for noticing the wheels, and then told him "listen, we were just driving to eat dinner, we werent street racing or doing anything... and my exhaust is under the 95db legal limit, so what's the problem?" i've gotten pulled over before and nobody ever tripped or made me pop the hood.

blah blah blah and a long time later, he writes me a ticket for modified exhaust and modified emissions. which, my emissions are NOT modified, all my EGR, 02 sensor and other crap is all there and in working order. My car can smog just fine. But he's trippin. He gave me a sticker that says I need to get my car checked out at a referee station, and I can NOT drive my car again without getting a 1 day pass to get it refereed, and only after I pass the ref, can I drive the damn car. Then he said if I get caught driving before I ref the car, my car would get towed. WTF! I was just about to drive it to Gushi's place tomorrow to get it tuned and change my oil n crap. Stupid cop.

AND he took alot of pictures of the car inside and out, and took pics of my engine bay, engine block, and my vin numbers. He said if my engine was swapped, that it was illegal cause the vin #s have to match, and this happens all the time with Honda street racing kids (stupid Honda kids) and yadda yadda. I told him, "look man, this car is over 20 years old, and almost all the cars out there have rebuilt or swapped engines! Come on! They come in US cars! He said no, I think it's a JDM motor, and it's illegal. But my engine has a bluetop head, intake manifold, blah blah and everything is connected, but this dude is still trippin! He said my engine VIN and the car's VIN code better match when I get it refereed or else I'll have more trouble... WTF!!!

This is more stuff I dont haave time to do! Dammit! And as we drove off, I noticed TONS of police lights all up and down the street.... seriously they pulled over more than 20 cars!! I was pulled over in WALNUT by an Azusa cop. There were cop cars from Irwindale and Covina and all that too. It was almost like a bust or something, these cops were out to get any modified cars out there....

So anyways moral of the story... is BE CAREFUL. And drive your stock daily drivers for a while if you can... I'm being forced to park my zenki 86 for a while. Now I guess I gotta drive the mango, which is smog exempt, or my Previa. I dunno. Stupid cops.

SuperStarLevin got pulled over TWICE on the same street, same night, and got the same referee ticket, and they were trying to tow his car and stuff. I saw them pull over a silver 85 coupe, a silver 85 hatch, a ton of 240s, Civics, Integras, S2Ks, and all that....

Just BE CAREFUL everyone.

Antonio
Cipher Garage
Live The 86 Life!

Terenus
06-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Muramasa did 135MPH on 210W and didn't get a ticket. haha But seriously, I didn't think the cop clocked him, so they only check for sobriety.

DTunedEvoX
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I know that poster from socal86.com ... That sucks ... =X

Muramasa
06-06-2007, 10:12 AM
No wonder no more ricers show up at the arcadia meets.

J/K

that sucks.. .. to go or not to go to the 626 meet @ jolibees.

CRX2EVO
06-06-2007, 10:13 AM
that's nothing new

stupid refs

and stupid honda ricers ruining it for the rest of us

kimletrim
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
yeah, nothing new.

But I am so tempted to get a LExus LS 460 and mod the hell out of it. If cop tells me to pop the hood, no problem:

http://images.motortrend.com/roadtests/luxury/sedan/112_0610_06z+2007_lexus_ls_460+engine.jpg

AvengeDEvO
06-06-2007, 10:18 AM
fucken awsome^^

CRX2EVO
06-06-2007, 10:19 AM
those cars are so pimp, I'd love to have one

and lol at plastic

in for Rexpeed engine covers

vortech_g35
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
that's nothing new

stupid refs

and stupid honda ricers ruining it for the rest of us

haha, VTEKKK YO!!!

kimber_94806
06-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Yupp, saw a lot of cops yesterday along Nogales at around 9 PM after I dropped off my daughter. I even passed by a white STI that got pulled over. Would be interesting to see if they are still there this Thursday.

j_nizzle
06-06-2007, 10:38 AM
yeah, nothing new.

But I am so tempted to get a LExus LS 460 and mod the hell out of it. If cop tells me to pop the hood, no problem:

first off, khiem...do it!

otherwise, a few companies are doing this now...acura tl...most lexus's, etc. i think vip/balla status cars are the way to go now!

jayvolution
06-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Tab Tuesday attracts a lot of attention from cops. i've told you guys about that meet many times. a lot of those people are little kids that rev, peel out, and are out to look for a race... my evo stays garaged tuesday nights since that meet is so close to my house.

Muramasa
06-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Hm makes me scared to go tomorrow.. -_-"

And I have no beater.

jayvolution
06-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Hm makes me scared to go tomorrow.. -_-"

And I have no beater.

tmrw? its on tuesdays... lol, thus the name Tab Tuesday

t-blizzard
06-06-2007, 06:12 PM
i actually saw them all hauling ass down amar on tuesday night around 10pm, a mixed variety of cars from mustangs, to hondas/acuras. I almost guarantee they were driving out to a spot to run each other, and that is probably why the cops are out on patrol. It's unfortunate...Â* :tickedoff:

jayvolution
06-06-2007, 06:31 PM
No wonder no more ricers show up at the arcadia meets.

J/K

that sucks.. .. to go or not to go to the 626 meet @ jolibees.

this doesnt affect our meet at all. we meet on a different day and cops have already driven through our meet a few times with no problems. cops are very much aware of Tab Tuesday. Its a huge meet! my friends that were part of the original group that started TAb dont even go anymore cause of all the ricers that come to show off and race.

jello810
06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Just get an old school Mazda, Toyota, Datsun, VW or the OG Lancer EVO I. You don't have to worry about getting pulled over and get hassled for emmisions. Like Jay said, too many kids on Tab Tuesdays!!! >:(

AaronI1
06-07-2007, 09:59 AM
dude, this is the ricer meet that they bombard the albertsons parking lot and the one across the street on tuesday nights. last tuesday, some hachi did a fly by on me and got lit up instantly by cops. it seemed as though one-time's were convoying there. i drive by there on a daily basis, but i now avoid amar/nogales on tuesdays.

OxSNAPxLC?
06-08-2007, 11:12 PM
hrm.... i suggest evos and sti's and s2k's to stay away from tab's and that street on tuesday... i've been there to albertson's to buy groceries and whenever i go cops dont say shit to me... i'm in a porsche wut u gonna do!? lol i use the cayenne for grocery shopping. sometime's the accord with tha fat ass muffler or the 350z

*EDIT*: i got pulled over in my honda once they questioned me i had reading glasses and a stoopid looking face on and said i was grocery shopping with my grandma

Evolved524
06-08-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah i heard about this.. my friends that go to TAB are posting this up everywhere..

----------------------------------------------

As some of you may know, TAB tuesday made the local SGV Tribune, if you havnt already read it, you can find it here

http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_6078039

as you can see, we're portrayed as underage drunk street racers
partaking in "illegal activities"...we have spoken to the writer of
the article, and have invited him and a video crew to attend our meet next week, he is VERY interested to find the truth about how
we conduct this meet...

i know some of you are scared because of the attention we're recieving from the cops, but maybe if we can get the truth out there, we can keep the meet going strong and not let them profile the people actually trying to have a good time at TAB as "STREET RACERS"

lets give him a good turn out...even if you have to bring your moms stock car....let speak our mind and let them know what were really here for...see you next week

NO SPEEDING or BURNOUTS
PUT ON YOUR FRONT PLATES AND EXHAUST SILENCERS!

REPOST PLEASEEEEE!!!!

------------------------------

I dunno whats up but these ricer kids used to meet at the front of my house every wed. and start rev'n their lil hondas. Kind of makes me mad ,since the cops start profiling us the minute they see our big wings and assume we are like them..

wj4
06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I think partly it is due to how big TAB has gotten. This is one of the reasons I no longer have the Evo.

LiquidLife
06-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I hate pigs

xo0hamstaox
12-12-2007, 03:43 PM
dam that sucks

jayvolution
12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
dam that sucks

haha. last post before yours was over 6 months ago.

r0me0ne
12-12-2007, 04:12 PM
yup sounds all to familiar...i havnt went to tab in over a year...the last time i went all i did was pull into tab and as soon as i did there was a cop on foot and he pointed at my car and said "lets get that guy hes modified" (my car was all stock at the time except for a catback) long story short got a ref ticket only had the car for like four months at the time...

yajo
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
*sigh*

vr4soldier
05-29-2008, 11:00 PM
me and my friend were followed when i bought archies evo 8. he has a blue evo 8 with a baby wing no mods. only after we exit the highway (in azusa, off vernon) the cop pulls us over askin if we were looking for a place to race. i told him no i just bought this car all while he tells my friend to pop his hood. so im gettin a little pissed cause we are like 7 houses away from another friends house and hes watchin from his front door. as he puts his hands all over my friends evo i tell him that i jus got back from iraq (which i did) and that i have a right to do what i want within the law and that he had nothin on us except speculation not probable cause and that he harrassed(sp?) us. so either let us go or charge us with something bogus so we can fight it and he'l lose his job. eventually he let us go but fv(kin cops got nothing better to do

coredump
07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
i've never been hassled in 626 for modded cars. however, hanging around in the "tab tuesday area" (i.e. west covina, amar/nogales area) is just asking for trouble since cops raided tab tuesday quite a few times.

anyways, in "poorer" areas of 626, cops have more shit to worry about than street racing, lol.

ELYTEVO8
08-16-2008, 11:42 PM
me and my friend were followed when i bought archies evo 8. he has a blue evo 8 with a baby wing no mods. only after we exit the highway (in azusa, off vernon) the cop pulls us over askin if we were looking for a place to race. i told him no i just bought this car all while he tells my friend to pop his hood. so im gettin a little pissed cause we are like 7 houses away from another friends house and hes watchin from his front door. as he puts his hands all over my friends evo i tell him that i jus got back from iraq (which i did) and that i have a right to do what i want within the law and that he had nothin on us except speculation not probable cause and that he harrassed(sp?) us. so either let us go or charge us with something bogus so we can fight it and he'l lose his job. eventually he let us go but fv(kin cops got nothing better to do

true that, you'd think in LA there would be more shit to keep them busy, shootings or some shit! LOL