PDA

View Full Version : got in a car accident..need some help...

MadStylez
06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
okay so i got into this "fender bender" today with a Ford Explorer (their fault) and basically i took all the necessary steps with dealing with car accidents...however, i've been in San Diego for almost 2 years now, and still don't know a RELIABLE, QUALITY auto body shop that can take care of my car, preferably as fast as possible... anyone know of auto body shop that specialize in modified cars? let me know, i would like to take it to a shop ASAP. thanks.

smokinevo9
06-06-2007, 06:59 PM
if your going thru the other partys insurance if so take your evo into a mitsubishi dealership........

TeKiZeRo
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
+1 on that.

CJS-IX-SE
06-06-2007, 07:18 PM
am i mistaken or do you want a shop to give you an estimate for aftermarket parts to put on instead of factory?

smokinevo9
06-06-2007, 07:23 PM
alot of shops wont put in aftermarket stuff since there profit margine drops big time.....

1WkdEvo
06-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Your best bet is to go to the shop recommended by the other parties insurance carrier. Why? Because then the shop has to guarantee the work for as long as you own the vehicle, including paint, parts, workmanship, etc. Don't go to your buddy or someone somebody else recommends, which is what everyone wants to do. As for aftermarket parts, most of them are made by the same companies that supply those parts to the oem companies. The best part is that they are cheaper and typically have life time warranties as opposed to oem parts which typically have 90-120 day warranty.

vortech_g35
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
if your going thru the other partys insurance if so take your evo into a mitsubishi dealership........

+100000 or usually the other insurance company gives you a list of body shops to go to.

MadStylez
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Your best bet is to go to the shop recommended by the other parties insurance carrier. Why? Because then the shop has to guarantee the work for as long as you own the vehicle, including paint, parts, workmanship, etc. Don't go to your buddy or someone somebody else recommends, which is what everyone wants to do. As for aftermarket parts, most of them are made by the same companies that supply those parts to the oem companies. The best part is that they are cheaper and typically have life time warranties as opposed to oem parts which typically have 90-120 day warranty.

that's a good idea...however, the other party's insurance company is from TEXAS, and i don't know if they have a list or can provide their recommended auto shops since they're out of state... i'll have to find out tomorrow when they're open

MadStylez
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't dealerships only deal with warranties, engine problems, etc... other than vehicle body/frame accidents?

MadStylez
06-06-2007, 08:41 PM
am i mistaken or do you want a shop to give you an estimate for aftermarket parts to put on instead of factory?

it doesn't have to be aftermarket, since the fender, mirror, front bumper, and my front, left FQ rims are damaged... but i can always hope for an evo 9 w/ SE lip? =P

however, i did just put new bilsteins on an evo 8 GSR.... hopefully the driver, front ain't damaged... :-\

1WkdEvo
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
The owe you for damage caused by loss, regardless of whether the parts damaged are aftermarket or stock. This is not your insurance policy so there are no exclusions to what they pay for as far as vehcile damage except for the financial limits of the persons policy. What you can do is have them pay you outright for the damaged parts and then choose the parts you want put on by getting them at a discount from someone like RRE or SRT. The shop they have yo go to will still warranty all of the work they do, you just supply the parts to your benefit. This is always good for suspension, wheels, and intercoolers.

swimmer160
06-08-2007, 02:44 PM
yeah i would suggest taking it to a mitsu dealership, even if they won't fix it and what not, they'll at least let you know where they get their work done at. That way you know it's as good as it could be, especially if it's the other party's insurance!

Telemundo
06-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Most dealerships go through 3rd party body shops. I know that Bob Baker Mitsubishi Carlsbad (which blows BTW) has their own body shop at Bob Baker Subaru. You can go there and get an estimate just like any other place, of course they are going to be more expensive.

swimmer160
06-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Most dealerships go through 3rd party body shops. I know that Bob Baker Mitsubishi Carlsbad (which blows BTW) has their own body shop at Bob Baker Subaru. You can go there and get an estimate just like any other place, of course they are going to be more expensive.

And if it's not your insurance paying for it...then who cares!?

Dagul
06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
okay so i got into this "fender bender" today with a Ford Explorer (their fault) and basically i took all the necessary steps with dealing with car accidents...however, i've been in San Diego for almost 2 years now, and still don't know a RELIABLE, QUALITY auto body shop that can take care of my car, preferably as fast as possible... anyone know of auto body shop that specialize in modified cars? let me know, i would like to take it to a shop ASAP. thanks.

When dealing with insurance, they should inform you in writing that you can take it to ANY shop you want to have the repair work done at. That'll be one of the many forms you should be signing when going through the claims process.

Another option you have is filing a claim through your own insurance company and get your deductable reimbursed. It's a little more leg work, but you'll have more peace of mind since you're a paying customer for your carrier.

Greenwalds in National City is an authorized shop for 21st Century and has done decent work on my EVO. I prefer them because they use only OEM replacement parts. I also had a good experience with Nice and Easy Auto Body (through other party's insurance) with my wife's car.

swimmer160
06-08-2007, 06:05 PM
when I had some crazy body damage ($11k worth) I took it to Auto Body Excellence in Poway, it's right across the street from Poway Mitsu. They did an exceptional job on my car. They also specialize in high performance and expensive luxury cars (i.e bmw's, benzes, 350z's, g's, etc.)

MadStylez
06-08-2007, 07:17 PM
okay so, i've decided to go with SDCS... anyone ever dealt with them? the guy, J.C. seems to know what he's talking about, so i have some confidence in his shop... the only thing that sucks is i won't be able to have the adjuster from the other party's insurance assess the damages until this Monday... so again, any other shops while i wait in the meantime?... i heard of Greenwald's in national city... anybody ever dealt with Ball Mitsubishi on miles of cars?

Dagul
06-09-2007, 01:00 AM
okay so, i've decided to go with SDCS... anyone ever dealt with them? the guy, J.C. seems to know what he's talking about, so i have some confidence in his shop... the only thing that sucks is i won't be able to have the adjuster from the other party's insurance assess the damages until this Monday... so again, any other shops while i wait in the meantime?... i heard of Greenwald's in national city... anybody ever dealt with Ball Mitsubishi on miles of cars?

If you go Ball Mitsu, talk to Matt in the service department...

EvoSwaggA
06-11-2007, 02:35 AM
I would stick with J.C. and SDCS crew, they know what there doing!...they deal with the everyday insurance claim to the most custom body/paint jobs...anyone whos been in SD for a while knows there very reputable...plus, J.C. owns a skyline R34 O0 (ask him for a ride, hes cool)

--Nick

MadStylez
06-12-2007, 01:48 AM
...plus, J.C. owns a skyline R34 O0 (ask him for a ride, hes cool)

--Nick

so i've heard....hmmm might have to ask him about it...