PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the dyno database threads

atlvalet
06-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Maybe it's just me, but can we fix the thread(s)? Everytime I try to open one up, it freezes up on me, and I have to shut down my browser. Perhaps we can break the threads up into parts, like part 1 and part 2. I just think there's too much data there now and graphs for the computers to handle correctly. THanks.

Skiracer
06-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Thread works fine for me on my 4 year old laptop.

JOOTZ
06-10-2007, 08:19 AM
what thread ?

vortech_g35
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I doubt someone will change what they post up because you can't look at it. I would suggest you just upgrade your computer :).

Smogrunner
06-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, there are a couple of problems with the database, and most of them are my fault. First, when I was at the middle school, I had enough free time to spend with my family AND keep my threads up to date. Now, at the high school, I've been working on average 10 to 12 hours per week more on average. That has killed my personal free time and now the database is about 4 full months out of date. Second, as we add more cars, the opening post gets more and more 56k unfriendly.

The third problem is that there are a lot of cars in the database without any listing of modifications. It is helpful to potential customers for showing them the sheer numbers of Evos that have come through the shop, but other than that, there are several drawbacks.

If I can't get up to date in the next month, I'll train someone at TTech how to do it and they can take it over for me.

vortech_g35
06-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Hey Tom,

You've been AFK for along time. Good to see you stop by :).

atlvalet
06-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Just an FYI, I do have a new computer and a decently fast cable modem. However, maybe my Mac is what's causing issues? Anyway, thanks for the reply Tom.

GokuSSJ4
06-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Just an FYI, I do have a new computer and a decently fast cable modem. However, maybe my Mac is what's causing issues? Anyway, thanks for the reply Tom.
Mac's suck! loll i have the same problem..
one thing i can suggest to smoggie would be add a link to the pic of the graph instead of posting the graph itself. since with adding more cars it will make the thread completely a 56k killer.
also it will give you plenty of room to post a bit more per post, instead of being limited due to the pics.

Smogrunner
06-26-2007, 07:40 AM
The database is pretty much fully updated now. If anyone doesn't see there car listed, post up and I'll take care you asap.

Atlvalet, I could split the evo 9 thread in the same way I split the 8 threads. It would be less of a 56k nightmare that way. Would that help?