PDA

View Full Version : mitsu iPod adaptor or aftermarket HU

jksc
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Has anyone actually purchased the mitsu iPod adaptor (and currently using it)? How is it? Any complaints? Playlists, search, track titles, etc... any feedback? Everyone seems to "know of someone" using it, but I have yet to hear from someone that is actually using it right now. Anyone?

I'm debating whether to buy the iPod adaptor or just buy a new HU with a cable. I was looking into the Pioneer 5900. But then a friend of mine told me that it doesn't fit "cleanly" (not flush with the console). Anyone have this HU?

Just interested in finding a HU that has iPod capability and is easy to install. Nice, flush, clean install.

What are some good ones? Also, can you post a pic up so I can see how it looks against the console. Thanks guys.

seph09
06-11-2007, 05:12 PM
i have the Pioneer DEH-P690UB... it has 2 aux input and a USB input...

its great, you can use any USB card with almost any audio file you know and comes with an ipod cable...

with the cable you can actually browse whatever your ipod has on the stereo (not in ipod).

you can see the playlist, album, artist etc on the stereo itself... O0 O0 O0

here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069882_338834008,00.html

MRchnk
06-11-2007, 11:02 PM
i have the one for the stock radio

complaint is that the format of it is pretty stupid it doesnt use the playlists that u have set up unless u do it on your ipod then hook it up. other wise its chill

evilrs
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I have the pioneer HU and it fits perfectly when you install it with the sleave instead of the factory mount.

EvoRution
06-13-2007, 07:41 AM
how much did you end up paying for one of those?

i have the one for the stock radio

complaint is that the format of it is pretty stupid it doesnt use the playlists that u have set up unless u do it on your ipod then hook it up. other wise its chill

One Evo Pinay
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I had the ipod adapter on my old evo and my current one. No complaints. I picked it up for $155 or something like that from 500whp. I prefer this instead of an aftermarket headunit because I've had bad luck with aftermarket. The 3 times I've had one, they've all been stolen. So screw it, stock ftw :)

jksc
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
so for those of you guys with the iPod adaptor...

so wait... you can't use your playlists? huh? and is it true that you can't see the song titles? like, nothing comes up on the screen other than track 1, track 2, etc?

thanks for your input...

One Evo Pinay
06-13-2007, 01:47 PM
You can use your playlists. What you gotta do is choose the playlist with your Ipod then plug it into the adapter then it should play. I guess the only annoying thing is having to plug and unplug your Ipod. But no biggie. Yeah you can't see the song titles on the OEM stereo, but I think you can see it on your Ipod. I don't remember, I don't usually pay attention to the Ipod while I'm driving lol.

ChrisJ999
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
the alpine one is great, scroll right through your playlists and artists real quick. im gonna put it in all my vehicles.

theycallmebruce
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
just picked mine up yesterday from 500whp. installed it a minute ago. took about half an hour. very easy as i am not handy in the least. anyway, you can scroll through 6 sequential playlists as they are recognized as 6 cds in a cd changer. after that, you will need to plug and unplug. i have not decided where to mount the unit so it's sitting in my cubbyhole for now.

also, i have the ssl headunit so i don't know if that makes a difference in switching between playlists.

there's also this other mode where you can play all songs but that is kinda dumb if you have a bajillion songs on your i pod. button 6 will skip 100 songs or so.

EVO Neil
06-18-2007, 07:04 PM
I love my Mitsubish i-Pod adapter, I have it in both cars and it's the best accessory I've done on either Evo. It works with both the stock Mitsubish and stock Infinity/Mitsubishi head units.

jksc
06-21-2007, 06:22 PM
So to anyone debating whether or not to get the Mitsu iPod adaptor vs. an aftermarket headunit... I would say... go with an aftermarket headunit!

Tried the mitsu iPod adaptor. Didn't like it. Don't think it's worth it. Others may like it... no worries... to each his own.

As for me... I went with a pioneer DEH 5900IB. I HIGHLY recommend this. Picked it up for around $250 (with the harness and iPod cable). Installation is practically plug-and-play, took around 15 minutes using one screwdriver. Sound is way better than the stock unit. But the best part... and the sole reason for starting all this... the iPod controls are exactly the same. You can access your entire iPod, your playlists, songs, albums, genres, etc...

For those that are considering this HU, I went with the 5900 vs. the 6900 cuz the 5900 lets you use the older iPods (whereas the 6900 doesn't - you can only use the newer video iPods).

ecruz_GARAGE
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I POD ADAPTER FTW!

ssp
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
we love ipod integration here at SSP. oem, aftermarket, whatever...anything beats having to keep changing cd's.

we happen to sell both here.

Oreganoflow
11-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Alpine IDA-X001 for $280. It installed in 30 minutes and connects directly to the iPod.

PineApple
11-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Re: mitsu iPod adaptor or aftermarket HU
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 02:12:11 PM »

Pretty old thread man.