PDA

View Full Version : Apple's new iPhone Release Date

djspeks
06-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey, did any of you guys see the iPhone commercials that aired on saturday? They say that the release date is on June 29th. According to Apple's website (which has the commercials if you want to see them) it's a possibility.

Who's going to get one?? I know I will!!

For a 4GB ($499) or a 8GB ($599) it better be good!

Timujin
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I am not getting one.

It does look damn cool though. I am waiting for the Xbox phone from Microsoft :laugh:

Terenus
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't see what's so special about it because it's another Ipod to me, who doesn't have one yet? It's not worth the price IMO.

SpdyEvo02
06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
The iPhone is awfull. 1) Consider what it lacks: expansion slot, removable battery, tactile buttons, no third-party applications, 3G radio, premium camera, carrier variety, A2DP.

While battery may not seem like a big deal, something that is so consuming as an iPhone will use up huge amounts of battery life. You have to support 3 radios, huge color screen, digitizer, and also the large flash memory. Avid handheld users will be fine with this, but for the average phone user, which uses a phone for probably a week to 3 days before they charge and don't carry a charger around, that is horrible. Not everyone is a road warrior. Add to this that once you have sucked the life out of the $600 device, you'll end up sending the phone back to Apple or AT&T for $100 to change the battery.

One of the killers for the younger crowd is the lack of tactile buttons. For texters that rely heavily on knowing the combinations with one or two hands and need to text without having to look at the screen (in class, in the car, etc), they will be at a lost as to how to accomplish this. Another aspect of this is that the screen is relatively small for typing anyways and without a stylus to do something like Grafiti or transcriber, you will need a rather large space to type, which is like using virtual grafiti on a Sony TG50.

No third-party? What does this mean? It means you get to use the phone as a phone and as a music player. Oh, and a web browser. . . (no buttons though). This means you can't use this for a smartphone, something that prosumers need. That means editting documents, corporate softwares, presenter software, GPS solutions, etc etc. This also means paying shitloads for games, no independent incentive to make apps to improve the iPhone, and very limited ability to expand outside of what Apple and the carriers want.

TeKiZeRo
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
My phone broke last week and I've been looking for a new phone. Maybe I should get the iPhone!

SpdyEvo02
06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
i am waiting for the release of the Nokia E90

hksevo8
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
I love my Motorola q.

Evoegg
06-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Never was an Apple fan.

And I simply dont like to buy something that is way over priced.

Evoegg

djspeks
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
wow haha i thought everyone would be excited. but everyone is different!

I was really close to buying a new ipod because the 80GB one looked really appealing so I can put most of my videos on there when i'm on the road. After seeing some of you guy's feedbacks it doesn't seem that all cracked up to be. But I thought I'd wait for the iphone because it has the wider screen and everything. The 8GB max is kinda bugging me though.

I'm using a cingular 8125 pda phone and I really like the keyboard for texting and stuff. I also like using the exel and other office apps on my phone to keep track of my finances. A phone without buttons might be hard with the iphone.

GokuSSJ4
06-05-2007, 01:07 PM

I was really close to buying a new ipod because the 80GB one looked really appealing so I can put most of my videos on there when i'm on the road. After seeing some of you guy's feedbacks it doesn't seem that all cracked up to be. But I thought I'd wait for the iphone because it has the wider screen and everything. The 8GB max is kinda bugging me though.

I'm using a cingular 8125 pda phone and I really like the keyboard for texting and stuff. I also like using the exel and other office apps on my phone to keep track of my finances. A phone without buttons might be hard with the iphone.
same reason when i received my 8525 phone.
had the 8125, but the 8525 is faster at browsing on line, and a better camera.. a better phone all around.. received the phone when cingular had some specials... so a bunch was saved!
pocket pc are some what similar to the iphone if all you care is about touch screen features that the apple phone provides.
2g of mini SD space is more than enough IMO...Â*

Miss Evo8
06-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Yes Tomas loves his new Phone so much.. he pouted like a little boy so I bought it for him as a present

SpdyEvo02
06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Nokia E90 < all phones

Evoegg
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
This (http://www.htctouch.com/) > iPhone IMO =)

Evoegg

Terenus
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Nokia E90 < all phones

You just said, Nokia E90 is the worst of all phones. Good job.

SpdyEvo02
06-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Nokia E90 < all phones

You just said, Nokia E90 is the worst of all phones. Good job.
damn i always get that shit mixed. asains are the best at math

DruMMinStUd06
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM

had the 8125, but the 8525 is faster at browsing on line, and a better camera.. a better phone all around.. received the phone when cingular had some specials... so a bunch was saved!
pocket pc are some what similar to the iphone if all you care is about touch screen features that the apple phone provides.
2g of mini SD space is more than enough IMO...

specials are always nice O0

GokuSSJ4
06-06-2007, 11:39 PM

2g of mini SD space is more than enough IMO...

specials are always nice O0

all thanks to you!!!! O0 O0

leaveit2bevo
06-07-2007, 12:29 AM
The iPhone is awfull. 1) Consider what it lacks: expansion slot, removable battery, tactile buttons, no third-party applications, 3G radio, premium camera, carrier variety, A2DP.

While battery may not seem like a big deal, something that is so consuming as an iPhone will use up huge amounts of battery life. You have to support 3 radios, huge color screen, digitizer, and also the large flash memory. Avid handheld users will be fine with this, but for the average phone user, which uses a phone for probably a week to 3 days before they charge and don't carry a charger around, that is horrible. Not everyone is a road warrior. Add to this that once you have sucked the life out of the $600 device, you'll end up sending the phone back to Apple or AT&T for $100 to change the battery.

One of the killers for the younger crowd is the lack of tactile buttons. For texters that rely heavily on knowing the combinations with one or two hands and need to text without having to look at the screen (in class, in the car, etc), they will be at a lost as to how to accomplish this. Another aspect of this is that the screen is relatively small for typing anyways and without a stylus to do something like Grafiti or transcriber, you will need a rather large space to type, which is like using virtual grafiti on a Sony TG50.

No third-party? What does this mean? It means you get to use the phone as a phone and as a music player. Oh, and a web browser. . . (no buttons though). This means you can't use this for a smartphone, something that prosumers need. That means editting documents, corporate softwares, presenter software, GPS solutions, etc etc. This also means paying shitloads for games, no independent incentive to make apps to improve the iPhone, and very limited ability to expand outside of what Apple and the carriers want.

nice speculating on a keyboard,battery and software for a phone thats not even out yet, you must be psychic

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2007, 03:37 AM
not psychic i also constanly read phone forums and those are the facts

leaveit2bevo
06-07-2007, 01:50 PM

so your speculating on other people speculating

vortech_g35
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
It from AT&T, I hate there service.

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2007, 02:02 PM

so your speculating on other people speculating
its not speculating. its fact there is no keyboard. its fact there is no removable battery. its a fact that the phone is only guadband which means no 2.5 edge feature

leaveit2bevo
06-07-2007, 02:22 PM
since youve never used the keyboard you dont know what its going to be like, however the batter and the 2.5 edge part suck.

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
i agree but i have used touch schreen phones with no keyboard before and they are not the most user friendly phones

Terenus
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
From the commercials I've seen, it's an on screen keyboard not a physical keyboard.

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2007, 07:01 PM
yes there is NO physical keyboard. that been know for months now. it is all touch screen with no stylus

IXMREVO
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
My mda has now actual buttons and it sucks having to pull out a stylus to do almost anything on the phone, ill take a blackberry or a helio

DruMMinStUd06
06-07-2007, 07:43 PM
The iPhone is overrated...if you feel you must have the newest of new phones, by all means...wait in line a day or two before and get one. If money is an object, I would purchase something thats not gonna crap out on you after a few days.

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2007, 07:53 PM
definitly i just hope i can get my E90 before the iphone so i can make fun of veryone that buys one

thugline
06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
i am waiting for the release of the Nokia E90

For the $ u pay for the e90, u can get the N95 w/5.0 mega pixel camera/camcorder and get just as much features as the E90.

SpdyEvo02
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
yah but the e90 has a full keyboard and a lot better screen with more features. the camera on the e90 is still awsome

philthyevo
06-08-2007, 09:51 PM
its not a mac.......

Macs suck. But ipods rule and the iphone WILL rule.

vortech_g35
06-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Nokia > Others

flashfoto
06-10-2007, 10:29 PM
I think I will wait for the Valentine-1 phone. You know what they say about living with the arrows. Blaahahaha

i-Phone = overpriced hype. It's a cell phone for christ sakes. I have an MP3, laptop, desktop, stereo, digital cameras, an MP4 and a dvd video cam already.

SpdyEvo02
06-11-2007, 12:24 AM
It is official there is no support for 3rd party applications

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/01/10/apple-vps-confirm-no-3rd-party-iphone-apps/

ebevo
06-11-2007, 08:45 AM
finally saw the commerical over the weekend...have a friend that is a fun boi keeps hyping this phone with constant email links

was impressed with the commerical giving a demo on the touch screen web browsing but then i read the posts in the thread and spdy's comments brought up some good pts to be concern about this phone especially the non removable battery :buck2:

nlakind
06-11-2007, 08:50 AM
the iphone is a piece of shit...it's a waste of money

DruMMinStUd06
06-11-2007, 09:14 AM
^smart man

nlakind
06-11-2007, 09:27 AM
^^LoL, & he works for Cingular..stick with the Blackberry nation for your own good everyone!

ultraflip
06-11-2007, 04:50 PM
blackberry only good if your company has blackberry enterprise server

DruMMinStUd06
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
blackberry only good if your company has blackberry enterprise server

if you're speaking in terms of corporate email...

SpdyEvo02
06-13-2007, 12:58 AM
its not a mac.......

your an idiot the iphone will not rule it is pointless and idiotic

Terenus
06-13-2007, 01:53 AM
its not a mac.......

your an idiot the iphone will not rule it is pointless and idiotic

You know what's sad, I agree with him. haha

So far with the rumors, there will be no:

MMS
Flash
3rd Party Software
Instant Messaging

I honestly don't see what the hype is about the iphone, maybe just good marketing. After seeing all those commercials, I think it's unique but nothing special and definitely not worth the price tag.

SpdyEvo02
06-13-2007, 02:25 AM
its really just the advertising that is making the hype. i mean watch the commercial they don't even show typing at all on the phone just pictures, music, and pictures. the designisn't even new one check out this phone which came out 3 years ago but it never got big cause its from a smaller company.
http://www.engadget.com/2004/04/12/checking-out-myorigos-tilt-controlled-smartphone/

leaveit2bevo
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/guidedtour.html watch that and tell me that phone is a pos, they just also announced that the iphones are going to have longer battery time and better glass for the screen.

djspeks
06-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I just found this from gizmodo:

What the iPhone Doesn't Have

-Songs as Ringtones
-Games
-Any flash support
-Instant Messaging
-Picutre message (MMS)
-Video recording
-Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)
-Voice recognition or voice dialing
-Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming
-One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)

I think I'm going to rethink my decision about getting one. Imma buy an exhaust instead!

SpdyEvo02
06-26-2007, 06:10 PM
exactly this phone sucks there are many reasons not to get this movie

DruMMinStUd06
06-26-2007, 06:31 PM

yea, everyone should avoid this movie

Terenus
06-26-2007, 11:03 PM

yea, everyone should avoid this movie

LOL

I personally wouldn't get it because i already have an ipod and this phone is EXPENSIVE!

Can not use iphone features unless activated from ATT.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone/thinking-about-using-an-iphone-without-service-think-again-272446.php

smokinevo9
06-26-2007, 11:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ if thats the case that phone is a junk............imo

GokuSSJ4
06-27-2007, 01:13 AM
i like what the e90 brings... i would take that phone anytime over the iphone....

Granny Shifter
06-27-2007, 01:14 AM
ima buy it and sell it. they are already lining up in new york. ps3 (2) here i come!

GokuSSJ4
06-27-2007, 01:16 AM
ima buy it and sell it. they are already lining up in new york. ps3 (2) here i come!
i have a couple of friends that want, or better yet like they have told me "need" the phone LOL ...
people are acting like high school kids over this device :D

MJCT9A
06-27-2007, 02:46 AM
IMO a phone is phone, it's like stuff for the evo's either it works or it's just bling. but you guys must remember that there are tons of hackers waiting to get their hands on these to exploit the "F" out of them. just wait a while and you will see what these fellas come out with.

don't flame just an opinion O0

ultrawifey
06-27-2007, 06:22 AM
the apple store @ crystal is going to be open like freaken 6 - 12 but closed from . . 2-6, just to get ready for it's release. wow.

fastevo
06-27-2007, 09:29 AM
get the 2nd generation.Wait a while cause it's too expensive right now. there are other still better phones than the iphone.like the treo 750 etc..

ultraflip
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
fucking pwned... only a matter of time before shit got done right...

http://www.uberphones.com/2007/05/meizu_unveils_minione_specs/
http://www.uberphones.com/photos/2007/5/meizu-minione.jpg
The Meizu MiniOne smartphone is truly a wonder, featuring a Samsung ARM11 533MHz and 128MB of SDRAM, running on Windows CE 6. The list of features are pretty much on the high end of things, boasting Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, a DMB tuner, GPS navigation, support for a vast array of audio and video formats, a brilliant 16 million color 720 x 480 resolution TFT touchscreen, a VGA camera for video calls, and a 3 megapixel camera for candid shots. The smallest capacity MiniOne can hold up to 4GB of data and retails for $260 while the 16GB version costs nearly double at $450.

Evo8urv8
06-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Thats fucking nice.

GokuSSJ4
06-27-2007, 12:45 PM
that's a sweet phone... and for 260.00 for 4gb wow! loll .....
capable of purchasing 16gb... damn!!!

DruMMinStUd06
06-27-2007, 12:48 PM
theres a jap knockoff of the iphone out right now too...$200

ultraflip
06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
it has everything the iphone lacks... like a REAL OS

leaveit2bevo
06-27-2007, 05:47 PM
when does that shit come out? who knows if its interface will work as well.

GokuSSJ4
06-28-2007, 08:53 AM
its a better option for half of the price ....

leaveit2bevo
06-28-2007, 01:36 PM

how do you know that?

Alucard
06-28-2007, 02:06 PM
fucking pwned... only a matter of time before shit got done right...

http://www.uberphones.com/2007/05/meizu_unveils_minione_specs/
http://www.uberphones.com/photos/2007/5/meizu-minione.jpg
The Meizu MiniOne smartphone is truly a wonder, featuring a Samsung ARM11 533MHz and 128MB of SDRAM, running on Windows CE 6. The list of features are pretty much on the high end of things, boasting Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, a DMB tuner, GPS navigation, support for a vast array of audio and video formats, a brilliant 16 million color 720 x 480 resolution TFT touchscreen, a VGA camera for video calls, and a 3 megapixel camera for candid shots. The smallest capacity MiniOne can hold up to 4GB of data and retails for $260 while the 16GB version costs nearly double at $450.

nice

djspeks
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
^^ now that's badass

Granny Shifter
06-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Well, im buying one tomorrow in hopes to make profit off someone.

leaveit2bevo
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
there shipping 3 million and its a 400-600 dollar phone do you really think there going to run out and someone is going to pay you 1k for one?

Terenus
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't think this is going to be a sell out.

ultraflip
06-29-2007, 10:40 AM

proven windows mobile operating system...
shit is out in 1 week

ultraflip
06-29-2007, 10:42 AM

how do you know that?

well he doesn't know shit... i know it's a better option... the posted price is already stated...
proven operating system... has the features iphone fucktards wanted but didn't get in the final stretch...

pwned honkey

leaveit2bevo
06-29-2007, 05:23 PM
looks like a piece you blue bastard haha

djspeks
06-30-2007, 02:50 AM
the iphone just came out and they say that the people who waited in line for 24hrs wasted their time.Â* They got a gang of iphones left at the apple stores.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone/apple-iphones-still-available-in-sf-ny-273917.php

grafix43
06-30-2007, 08:34 AM
there shipping 3 million and its a 400-600 dollar phone do you really think there going to run out and someone is going to pay you 1k for one?

go look on ebay right now, there are about 10 selling for 1100-1300....and about 100 more selling for 700-800, and still with some of these auctions having 20-30 minutes left, even a few hours left on some.... people are morons you could just go to the store and get one, fucking lazy retards...too bad i didn;t go get one i could be ripping someone off on ebay too...

djspeks
06-30-2007, 06:02 PM
+1 ^

smokinevo9
06-30-2007, 06:06 PM
does the i-phone make you extra dollars if i have one if not fuck it my phone makes calls too................

smokinevo9
06-30-2007, 06:07 PM
this shit is another big hype like PS3

leaveit2bevo
06-30-2007, 10:04 PM
fuck I cant believe people would rather pay some oily pimple faced virgin 800+ dollars for one when they can go to cingular or apple store and get one.

Terenus
07-01-2007, 12:06 AM
I have a feeling those bids are fake, like friends bidding up the iPhones with different accounts.

Jap_WHiP
07-01-2007, 01:17 AM
my friend got a few yesterday at the grove... I messed around with it, it's pretty cool...

OCEVONERD
07-01-2007, 02:03 AM
i have one. its awesome. it does so many things and its easy to use and the phone is wifi which is enough for me. my work and home both have wifi. and yes chris the phone rocks. texting is very easy. the predictive text is really easy to use.

Peter314
07-01-2007, 06:21 AM
my brother got one and it's really nice and easy to use.

philthyevo
07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
im trying to decide which to get, the iphone OR the At&t 8525. Im not sure if i like the touch-screen keyboard better than a physical one.

Sr20kidD
07-01-2007, 11:27 AM
iphone FTL until gen 2 or 3

StockEVO
07-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Can you send MMS message?

i have one. its awesome. it does so many things and its easy to use and the phone is wifi which is enough for me. my work and home both have wifi. and yes chris the phone rocks. texting is very easy. the predictive text is really easy to use.

MR420
07-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Its all a big hype just wait 6 mo to a year and they will go down in price, that otherguy is right its just a fab like ps3. But played with one they are awesome phones though but they dont have enough space to put movies and alot of music plus all your numbers, Im gonna get one but ill wait.

leaveit2bevo
07-01-2007, 04:00 PM
the thing is a lot of stuff that needs fixing will be though firm ware updates so I wouldnt expect a 2 gen soon.

Terenus
07-01-2007, 10:31 PM
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191647

Some rumors about the update coming soon.

DruMMinStUd06
07-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Can you send MMS message?

no

GokuSSJ4
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
im trying to decide which to get, the iphone OR the At&t 8525. Im not sure if i like the touch-screen keyboard better than a physical one.
for the amount it was purchase on my 8525, ;) i would never change it to the hype the i phone brings.... not worth it IMO

vortech_g35
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
I bought it. I think it is pretty nice + month to month contract ain't bad either.

leaveit2bevo
07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1191647

Some rumors about the update coming soon.

if thats true it basically fixes all the issues people were bitching about, thats whats nice about it unlike other phones apple is going to be updating the iphone with new stuff all the time while everyone else is stuck with the same shit.

Terenus
07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/114398/Will_It_Blend_iPhone.html