PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Upgrade Question?

phi_ho1
06-13-2007, 11:51 PM
I have an EVO 9, I like the turbo but i'm thinking to upgrade it. I have some turbos in mind. EVO Green Turbo, or EVO 9 Turbo TME 20G Upgrade 10.5TH. Which one is better or the stock turbo is the best? And if i upgrade it, will it be good for daily driving? :grin:

JDMC-WestEVO
06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
EVO green turbo is the best choice and it is fine for daily driving

GokuSSJ4
06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
check out Mr. birdie's thread in the TT section.. he had some great results on 91 octane.. almost 380whp ... havent seen many peeps reach that with any modify OEM turbo.
Might be my next upgrade as well... all in due time :)

Miss Evo8
06-14-2007, 11:47 AM
You have a 9 already the turbo is fine... but again what do u want to do with the car? The green turbo is really expensive and you won't gain much over the stock...unless you plan on running 100 in the car all day...every day... and yeah go look at Mr Birdies pretty dyno charts...he makes all kinds of big numbers and pretty graphs....but no one can answer me if that thing performs well on the street... I've asked numerous times how the throttle response is etc.... no answers.... dyno charts don't always tell the truth.
So is your car tuned? With the mods you have listed you might need some tunning to find some lost HP...

1WkdEvo
06-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Here we go... :roll: Hahaha

The problem is that you say dyno charts lie (you are personaizing here a bit) but you want something as subjective as someones word on how the turbo performs on the street. Come on, seriously, if Vien says "It performs way better on the street and I have more power everywhere", will you really be convinced??? Maybe if he goes to the track with the same weather on the same day with the same tread on his tires and the same wheels, then posts a quicker time, you will be convinced.

Oh yeah, have a nice day..muhahahahaha

Miss Evo8
06-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Never said they "lie" they just dont always tell the truth.....and there is nothing personal against Mr Birdie... your tires/wheels/ temp theory fails because if and mind u I say IF you ever go to the track...it takes more driving skill then HP/Tq numbers and dyno sheets to do good.....So does your Evo run yet Sean? Have a nice day! ;)

1WkdEvo
06-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Hahaha, you are so cool it makes me sick dammit!

Driving skill would be equal since it would be the same driver on the same course on the same day.Â* The point is that you could never prove it using a subjective method and only the dyno sheet gives you anything to show people that has at least some objectivity. What I will tell you is that not ne person has posted on evom or here (Mr Birdie) saying that they were not happy with the difference. (This is of all the posts I have seen, which are many) That is pretty impressive when you think about it. I wouldn't get it because it doesn't suit what I want from my car, but it fits a certain demand and appears to do so quite well

Car is not running smart ass, but thanks for asking :twisted:

Miss Evo8
06-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks...dont get puke on your shoes! Wow you read and believe that crap they post over at EvoM? and Objective? Nah I wanna see and feel..not look at graph. I don't believe all the crap I read on the InTARDnet. And in my "Evo-World" green turbo= lots of money for not much power....and I have yet to see anyone with it...

sidewaysevo
06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I have a green turbo on evo8 and the driveability really hasn't changed. Â*The only difference is the turbo 2-3 hundred rpm later. Â*But I think people that upgrade to a regular 9 turbo get about the same lag.

1WkdEvo
06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
:roll:

Yeah I believe it all cuz evom is the bible and if you don't believe it, then ur like retarded and stuff. Â*My feelings are so hurt right now Im going to go into my daughters room and have a moment..ur like so mean I like can't believe it Â*:crazy2:

Miss Evo8
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I have a green turbo on evo8 and the driveability really hasn't changed. Â*The only difference is the turbo 2-3 hundred rpm later. Â*But I think people that upgrade to a regular 9 turbo get about the same lag.

Thank you a real answer to a question... thanks for NOT posting your dyno sheet and giving an honest opinion! O0

1WkdEvo
06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Don't believe it though cuz its on the intardnet so it cant be true

Miss Evo8
06-14-2007, 01:01 PM
:roll:

Yeah I believe it all cuz evom is the bible and if you don't believe it, then ur like retarded and stuff. Â*My feelings are so hurt right now Im going to go into my daughters room and have a moment..ur like so mean I like can't believe it Â*:crazy2:

Bwaahaaa......ask Ty for a back rub and you will feel better

1WkdEvo
06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Ty is busy dealing with your needy man so Ill ask Eddie to rub my back. Hahahahaha

phi_ho1
06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Anyway, how much more power can i make out of the green turbo? and can i feel the big different? I have all of these mod on my car now: Injen Intake /W IC Pipe, AMS LICP, HKS 272 Ex Cam, AEM True Gear, Invidia O2 Housing, Agency Exhaust, Agency Downpipe, Helix testpipe, Megan Turbo Manifold, Agency, Denso 660cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump. Apex neo SAFC, Apex timer, Buddy Club Gournd kit, 21 psi + tuning.

1WkdEvo
06-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Go ask Mr. Birdie or go to the Tuning Tech forum to see his results

vortech_g35
06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
There was a stock turbo IX with a built 2.4l engine that made 380whp, 483 tq :).

GokuSSJ4
06-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Anyway, how much more power can i make out of the green turbo? and can i feel the big different? I have all of these mod on my car now: Injen Intake /W IC Pipe, AMS LICP, HKS 272 Ex Cam, AEM True Gear, Invidia O2 Housing, Agency Exhaust, Agency Downpipe, Helix testpipe, Megan Turbo Manifold, Agency, Denso 660cc Injectors, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump. Apex neo SAFC, Apex timer, Buddy Club Gournd kit, 21 psi + tuning.
like OMG you have a ground kit... near 400whp!!!! LOL
bro, i cant believe you posted a ground kit as a mod, common!
Like i mentioned before, if you want to see someone else's result, look in the TT section. You will find Mr. Birdie's dyno sheet...