PDA

View Full Version : Baptism - Need help ASAP - No, seriously.

Terry S
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Ok ok, get your laughs out now...

Done? Ok, good.

So here's the situation. I know some of you are ministers/church leaders/priests/rooks/knights/etc, and I have a situation.

The wife wants our baby baptised. Non-denominational, catholic, lutheran, whatever. We're just looking for someone who's willing to baptise the baby of an Atheist and an Agnostic. lol

Yes, I know my positions on here, and I still stand by them. And if you've been paying attention, you'll know why i'm not opposed to my wife's idea of baptising the baby.

So if any of you goto a church, lead a church, started a church out there that fits the bill, I need your help asap. And by asap I mean by like wednesday. Otherwise my wife will start asking my grandma who's a fking crazy nutjob and is someone I dont want involved in this beyond being a (bound and gagged) spectator.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.
Terry S

nothere
06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
no help here, but I've got to say your life is a sitcom.

Shortee
06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
what do you need help on terry? i dont know if i would be a big help but i do go to church. pm me if any questions you have and i'll try to help

JOOTZ
06-19-2007, 12:48 AM
just go to any local church office and they could give advice on this
they always welcome baptisms

ultraflip
06-19-2007, 09:57 AM
i can help...

www.ulc.net
become an ordained minister on line!! fast and free!!!!

on a more serious note... i can have this happen... does this need to be the whole 9 yrd ceremony? or a quick wham bam splash n your golden type deal?

regards
flip

GokuSSJ4
06-19-2007, 10:13 AM
wow!!!!! i never thought you would look into something like this... amazing!!!!

Terry S
06-19-2007, 10:17 AM
i can help...

www.ulc.net
become an ordained minister on line!! fast and free!!!!

Best idea ever.

I'll call you today flip. Thanks for the help O0

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
^ hahah thats the funniest shiet I've seen today lol

Terry S
06-19-2007, 10:29 AM

Dude, goku, i've been baptised. More than once too. :D

My wife was raised mildly catholic and you know, keeping the family happy 'n stuff... Also, what can it hurt? Not like the christians are any good at their spells anyways. I'd be more concerned with a wiccan baptism... lol

Regarding the spell comment, any time someone splashes something on you, chants some "sacred" phrase and makes hand gestures, it's a fkin magic spell. Just like Everquest.

Terry S

GokuSSJ4
06-19-2007, 11:07 AM

My wife was raised mildly catholic and you know, keeping the family happy 'n stuff... Also, what can it hurt? Not like the christians are any good at their spells anyways. I'd be more concerned with a wiccan baptism... lol

Regarding the spell comment, any time someone splashes something on you, chants some "sacred" phrase and makes hand gestures, it's a fkin magic spell. Just like Everquest.

Terry S
i still find it amazing!!!!
:D

nothere
06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Terry you sound so me 30 years ago. A word to the wise, look on the bright side of religion not the dark. It's just like life, you choose your aperture and all your "photos" suffer or prosper from it.

bbar
06-19-2007, 06:35 PM
^^^

Applying QM logic, the same would result if you picked any aperture (the specific one should be irrelevant).

1WkdEvo
06-19-2007, 07:01 PM

Terry S

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! That's funny shit

Terry S
06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Terry you sound so me 30 years ago. A word to the wise, look on the bright side of religion not the dark. It's just like life, you choose your aperture and all your "photos" suffer or prosper from it.

Religion does nothing more than detract people from the truth.

If I want my morals, I can use common sense. If I wanted to live in fairy tales, i'd play WoW.

But on a side note, I believe i'm going to get stuck using the g-ma. Flip, your church is up in Long Beach right?

Terry S

nothere
06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm only suggesting that one views the world the way one wants to. You can see nothing but the seamy results of capitalism or the wonderfull benefits it has allowed depending on what you focus on.
You would be wrong if you picture me as being religious, far from it, but I understand religions, some of them, have been relevant in our evolution.
And if your wife is adamant give her all the line she wants.

The aperture had to do with how one views the world, not a persons beliefs

but enough, lets take it in the high spirited manor Terry has. think of it as a celebration of the wonders of life.

1WkdEvo
06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I think he is being pragmatic and thats it...keeping the wife happy mean keeping himself happy, pretty simple formula :-)

Terry S
06-19-2007, 07:16 PM
There's only one thing important in life: The continued existence and flourishing of humanity.

Religion denies humanities importance and substitutes it with some convoluted set of made up stories that place the importance of the whole human race somewhere below that of an amoeba.

Amen.

Terry S (lol)

djspeks
06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
my cousin got married at an unorthodox church....if you find one, i'm pretty sure they'll do it

Terry S
06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
I think he is being pragmatic and thats it...keeping the wife happy mean keeping himself happy, pretty simple formula :-)

Actually, I just got a rep to keep up. tEaMM AZZHOLEZ founder 'n all. O0 :D

And yea, it's pretty much that the wife will be happy with it so i'm all for it. lol

Terry S

gen4k20a2
06-20-2007, 12:28 AM
my cousin got married at an unorthodox church....if you find one, i'm pretty sure they'll do it

dont listen to rowell...hes a flake!

djspeks
06-20-2007, 08:22 AM

don't listen to sean, he doesn't return phone calls!!

ultraflip
06-20-2007, 03:11 PM
There's only one thing important in life: The continued existence and flourishing of humanity.

that's fucking relative right there...

to a bum... maybe... to continue existence...
to a rich filthy emo bastard... its to fawkin end life.. the whole "oh.. i have nothing to live for"
to you... it's to be homosexual and atheist retarded slut
to me... it's making shit blue...
to goku... it's to have the most posts on socalevo and to have a small dick

that statement is so wrong in so many ways... it fawkin enrages me to think you'd actually say something so god awfully wrong and fawkin retarded.. if this is what you've come to... might as well as start talking up fury about how the millions of ILLEGAL immigrants have a right of passege after being here ILLEGALLY... might as well as start saying that EVERYTHING on the internet is true... might as well as start using wikipedia n your small pubecent mind as facts for proof...

give me a break

oh yeah... still up for the baptism thing?

regards
flip

Terry S
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM

that's fucking relative right there...

to a bum... maybe... to continue existence...
to a rich filthy emo bastard... its to fawkin end life.. the whole "oh.. i have nothing to live for"
to you... it's to be homosexual and atheist retarded slut
to me... it's making shit blue...
to goku... it's to have the most posts on socalevo and to have a small dick

that statement is so wrong in so many ways... it fawkin enrages me to think you'd actually say something so god awfully wrong and fawkin retarded.. if this is what you've come to... might as well as start talking up fury about how the millions of ILLEGAL immigrants have a right of passege after being here ILLEGALLY... might as well as start saying that EVERYTHING on the internet is true... might as well as start using wikipedia n your small pubecent mind as facts for proof...

give me a break

oh yeah... still up for the baptism thing?

regards
flip

Not relative at all flip.

Humanity as a whole, in all its shitty glory, must get bigger and shittier each and every day. It's really the only real purpose of humanity.

I'm not talking individual goals. That's what makes us individuals. You making shit blue, me making shit loads of money, bums pretending to be poor on the side of the freeway to sucker all the hippie jackasses into giving them $20 so they can fill up their audi's in the next parkinglot over.

That's an individuals right to free choice and general freedom. But for all of us, its our purpose to ensure we all continue. It's just unfortunate that the vaaast majority of people will never contribute to the cause. Hell, they even try to go against it. These people must be stopped and removed like any tumor. Adaptation survives, stasis dies.

And yea, still interested in the baptism thing. Your church is in long beach though right? Wifey S was hoping for something in OC so if it's in LBC, I think i'm stuck dealing with the gma... :(

Terry S

Terry S
06-20-2007, 06:10 PM
And wikipedia is an extremely relevant source for fact checking. Dont knock it just because your all emo about not coming up with it first.

Terry S

gen4k20a2
06-21-2007, 12:51 AM

don't listen to sean, he doesn't return phone calls!!

no for REALS dont listen to rowell...hell hang you out to dry. What evo meet....