PDA

View Full Version : Azusa Canyon, Whatch Out!

lvevo
06-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I've been going up to the canyons a lot lately through Azusa Canyon, and I have notice that a lot of idiot people have been driving up there too. I'm not talking about the real twisty roads but just Azusa Canyon. Last night a caravan of people have were driving through there and one person lost control and went off the edge. A girl was killed and two others were critically hurt. So i guess what I'm trying to say is just drive normal, or with the traffic, until you get to the twisty roads and have your fun there. Hardly any people there, except the weirdo's that live in their motor homes up there.

Mokaone
06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
yea... school is out so theres a bunch of kids going up to the canyons now. its ridiculous how its getting up there now, last time i saw a Chrysler 300 up there.

1michael322
06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
+ 1 , Â*I went up to Azusa last Friday, and there was a Dark Blue, Blackish Celica that lost control and went off the road onto the dirt and Totaled his WHOLE car ! Â*:buck2: Â*and as I was at the gas station, I saw the Celica getting Towed away with its undertray being draged on the floor -_-

MJCT9A
06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Ghetto Fabulous people FTL :buck2:

AWDTURBO
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
i think they were talking about this on the news.... they are saying cops are going start catching ppl racing in the canyons.

It's not Initial D....Keep it on the track!

My deepest condolences for the girls family. Rest In Peace!

Terenus
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
There was a sting operation last night and my friend got a Ref ticket, they blocked off the other side with a fire truck and at the bottom cops were patrolling for modified cars.

mister thura
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
+1 stay away from Azusa for a long while.. massive amounts of cops patrolling up there.

AvengeDEvO
06-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Great the f-ed up my local road!!

1michael322
06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
There was a sting operation last night and my friend got a Ref ticket, they blocked off the other side with a fire truck and at the bottom cops were patrolling for modified cars.

ACK!!! gah....... and I was planning on going there this week .... :'( what a bust.....

lvevo
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I went up tonight and got told to go home or else I will get a ticket for no front plate. but i think they go up around 10pm and leave.

evo ippo
06-26-2007, 02:01 AM
i use to go up alot up to GMR and Ridge i would tell everyone to just say it for the track because u would never be able to drive like you do at the track on any mountain even if your delivering "tofu" hahahahahha but people should stay off the public roads and if you think you are pretty fast take it to the track and run against the clock "NO EXCUSES JUST RESULT"

DaRkStArVIII
06-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Thats Funny Vu your still slow and you go to the track frequently! Results

Mokaone
06-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Thats Funny Vu your still slow and you go to the track frequently! Results

hahaha.... those sound like fighting words ^_^

DaRkStArVIII
06-27-2007, 10:43 AM
We always take shots at each other! We're cool! EvoIppo> still slow!

EVOL EDO
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
last time i was up there was in my old evo and on the way down there was a car that was upside down. and last time up to gmr same thing an integra flipped over into a ditch. lucky for him it was mountain side so he didnt go off the mountain. same nite though there was an evo up there before it was released. scc was test driving it or somethin. it was back in 02 before the fire closures.

mbrickner
06-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Which part are you talking about? North of Sierra Madre?

kanyonkid
09-04-2007, 09:09 AM
i jus found out about azusa a couple months ago and started goin up every friday... every1 said the cops dont trip on them, then 2 fridays ago i was tearin ass up there at midnight and there was like 4 po posted up at the top blocking all the cars.... not fun.... i hope it cools down up there

dabie
09-05-2007, 01:50 AM
fri-sun is the worst time to go.. so many bad drivers up there its ridiculous and unsafe

flipbboy03
09-05-2007, 07:51 AM
wow.. me and couple homies were actually planning on goin here. so Thanx for the info. Yoshi!! eh behbeh!

thisxguy
09-05-2007, 08:07 AM
may the girl RIP and the critically injured recovers =/

i'm going to stay away from there for a while...

S2myEVO
09-05-2007, 09:30 AM
^^^yeah seriously!!! holy shit guys...

mbrickner
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah.. go on a weekday.. weeknight is probably best. There's a lot of unsafe people up there.

evoevo
09-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Yea my aunt wen up there for the day in her evo. She was only doing like 10 miles and hour up through the Mt. Baldy side . She was saying there was a cop in front of her and he pulled over and let her pass then lit her up. She yelled out the window and said are you really pulling me over ? lol

He said yeah just for modified exhaust to teach her not too go up there cuz too many cars go and crash.

There cracking down majorly.

mbrickner
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
That's so lame.. wow..

AvengeDEvO
09-05-2007, 10:33 PM
She can fight the ticket they are not allowed to patrol with their rear view mirror.

Ctseng
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
But what if they heard her?

AvengeDEvO
09-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I was in a 1970+ Chevy truck, it belonged to my friend. The thing is loud like no other. We Pulled up right behind a cop at the light, they heard the truck they switched lanes and boom they pull us over. They gave us the usual hard ass attitude and asked why the truck was so loud. So one If its a classic you can have a rocket on that thing and they cant do shit. I think what pissed them off was when my friend gave them a text book reason on why they didn't have a case because they purposely patrolled the car while being in front of us. I wish I knew what he told them exactly it was years ago. Point is they let us go, I guess knowing a little about laws can help.

mbrickner
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
I totally think it was ridiculous.

But, not sure I agree with the rear-view mirror theory. If they see something going on in their rear view mirror, of course they are going to do something about it. How would you feel if they couldn't patrol cars because they were in front, and some crazy guy was in the car behind them, next to you, waving a loaded gun around?? And he was smoking a joint?

At least I haven't ever heard of a law for that. They can let you by and pull you over if they have reasonable cause at the time, which in both cases they might have. If you don't have a front plate, etc. And, since exhausts are by decibel, if they can hear it, especially in front, they are going to want a look.

But they do go overboard with exhausts, I know this and I don't like it either.

AvengeDEvO
09-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah I agree, but he said stuff that I dont remember. Ill ask and Ill post his answer.

mbrickner
09-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Cool, I'm interested..

bleakdragonmage
09-06-2007, 01:28 AM

yea seriously...

why do the non driving people always get it worse...??? thats something that always annoyed me

evoevo
09-06-2007, 06:51 AM
She said she was in 3rd at like 15mph while passing cuz she didn't wanna get popped.

He said he didn't hear it just saw it that's why he gave her the ticket he also popped her hood asked for mods she said none.

She just has a bov and some dress up mods . I told her she needs too fight it.

mbrickner
09-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I think she should fight it.. not enough probable cause for the t-stop.

flipbboy03
09-06-2007, 05:01 PM

yea seriously...

why do the non driving people always get it worse...??? thats something that always annoyed me

that's becaue of stoopid noobs thinkin they can deliver their "tofu" and be legendary.

vesper-tsi
05-26-2008, 11:11 AM
:mitsu: that is true she should fight it,
GMR lately i haven't seen any cops up there but the last time i whent up there i hit a wall xD reaching the half point but the good thing is that i drove it home with a f*cked up lower A arm but then again i shouldnt of gone up there with stock suspension =P ( i was in my eclipse 1.8) :mitsu:

de31
05-26-2008, 11:58 AM
went up last night, cops everywhere pulling over every car (at the base of the mountain)

MoReRyCe
05-26-2008, 12:06 PM
BAD NOOB.. dont thread revive unless is worth it.. theres plenty of threads on this subject