PDA

View Full Version : George H. W. Bush claims Athiests aren't Citizens and can't be Patriots

Mokaone
06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
interesting how we have "freedom of religion, and freedom FROM religion" yet this is a "nation under god". And now i am no longer a citizen of the united states. (according to Bush) :idiot2:

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?

Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.

Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?

Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.

Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?

Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

SpdyEvo02
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Co-sign to what bush says

j_nizzle
06-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Co-sign to what bush says

you dont even vote! LOL

SpdyEvo02
06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
yes i do...

j_nizzle
06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
yes i do...

meh...

SpdyEvo02
06-26-2007, 06:24 PM
voting is easy just check all Republicans

RPD_FKTARD
06-26-2007, 06:37 PM
lol frickin spdyevo02

x[corwyn]
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Blindly vote republican. Yea thats the best idea. Not for the person or who can do the job best but for the party. Yea that worked out so well this time around.

As a born again atheist I say Bush isn't what I chose for President. I'm sure he has his choices for Americans and it has shown, quite well. Let me know when his approval rating hits into the single digits.

KRS333
06-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Now that is funny.. Bush is a dumb ass.. Athiests rule!!!! :2funny:

Terry S
06-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Here's a little note about this transcript:

When George Bush was campaigning for the presidency, as incumbent vice-president, one of his stops was in Chicago, Illinois, on August 27, 1987. At O'Hare Airport he held a formal outdoor news conference. There Robert I. Sherman, a reporter for the American Atheist news journal, fully accredited by the state of Illinois and by invitation a participating member of the press corps covering the national candidates, had the following exchange with then-Vice-President Bush.

So this is a transcript of an unrecorded conversation between the two back in 1987. I personally question the 100% accuracy of the verbiage and inference of this snippet of the conversation.

Terry S

drmosh
06-29-2007, 12:47 AM
God in the original U.S. translation = $$$$

One nation under $$$$

VladEVO
12-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Well look how many people bought into the "you're either with us or against us" crap that Bush spewed. You make a comment against him or the policies of his administration and his followers immediately label you unamerican. It could easily happen with religion.
I still find it troubling that we were almost wispering at work when we were voicing our disapproval about the Iraq war during that period right before it started.

wayne
02-21-2008, 11:19 PM
wow, fundamentalists, lets bomb them