PDA

View Full Version : Power Comparo: How do you stack up?

Smogrunner
06-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I wish I could post Air/Fuel ratio on these, but there are competing newbie tuners that we'd rather not train for free. I posted the run conditions rather than the peak numbers, as I find that more relevant:

Red is Saywhen (ran 11's in Vegas), Blue is Evo8you (Paul@TTech). Which tune would you rather have? Notice the difference in humidity. What effect could that have on the two tunes.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10300/Tad%20%28red%29%20vs%20Paul%20%28blue%29.jpg

Any other comparo requests? Just ask.

Evo8you
06-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Nice! I can't wait till I get to use your RA1's Smoggy!

slorice
06-27-2007, 11:52 PM
That's not the Saywhen plot that ran 11s in Vegas. The plot that ran 11s in Vegas was more comensurate to Paul's plot that u displayed. Less torque and more pull(Whp) till redline.

Smogrunner
06-28-2007, 07:53 AM
That's not the Saywhen plot that ran 11s in Vegas. The plot that ran 11s in Vegas was more comensurate to Paul's plot that u displayed. Less torque and more pull(Whp) till redline.

"Why u breakin' my balls Paulie?" Yeah, you are right.

slorice
06-28-2007, 08:27 PM

Before I use my waste management skillz on u, why don't u pull up his old plot that ran 11s not the one that ran 12s at 113 mph at fontuky. If u don't I might be finding a plot for u; if u know what I mean. Do it know u piece of s-h-i-t.

Smogrunner
06-29-2007, 10:01 PM

Before I use my waste management skillz on u, why don't u pull up his old plot that ran 11s not the one that ran 12s at 113 mph at fontuky. If u don't I might be finding a plot for u; if u know what I mean. Do it know u piece of s-h-i-t.

Ok, here ya go: Tad's (Saywhen's) actual 11 second tune versus his most recent one, which might not be as good for top end but is more of a stop light to stop light bruiser (weather conditions and humidity were almost identical).

The blue line is the tune that did 11s in Vegas earlier this year. IIRC correctly, the red graph tune has done 12.0 but is 1 to 2 mph slower across the line.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10300/normal_blue%20is%2011%20sec%20graph%20of%20Tad.jpg

We need to get Tad in here to explain the difference in mods (there were a few) between the two tunes.

say when
07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi Tom, The difference betweent the two is: the later tune is with ecu flash instead of the xede, also a licp and fmic, both tunes on 110. It is really hard to say which tune is better for drag racing. I did hit 11.9 on the first tune but i also peeled off 4 in row 12.0's at fontana and a 12.1 in palmdale. First tune also ran a 12.1 at palmdale but never got a shot at fontana. My trap in the 1/8 and 1/4 are a little lower on the newer tune. First tune I hit 115 vegas and this last tune my best topend was 112. I am shifting a little higher in the rpms with the new tune then i use to. I used to shift around 7400 on the latest tune I shift around 7800. Hope any info helps. I am open to making resonable changes.