PDA

View Full Version : Glow shift gauges

evo05
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
does any one have a set of glow shift gauges? just want to now if they are any good....here's the site

http://www.glowshift.com/

cky_bam_marg
06-27-2007, 04:52 PM
lol ya i have head of them i bought a set off of ebay like 3 years ago when i had my 95 GSX, and the boost gauge is actually a really damn good value and works i had my gsx boosting about 19psi and when i moved up to the gs-t with the evo 3 turbo i was boosting 23psi constantly and the boost gauge was always acurate and a breeze to install very straight forward! but just a word of advice dont get the tinted one like i did because even with the back lighe its still kind of a bitch to see it during the day!

and then when i bought the evo it already came with an autometer so i sold my friend the glowshift and it still works on his wrx to this day!

i also have the oil temp, and afr gauge because i was a ricer like that lol! and they worked perfectly i hade no complaints

and hell being as how im getting a new evo soon im thinking of buying another boost gauge now :grin: lol!

cky_bam_marg
06-27-2007, 04:55 PM
also one more thing dont buy there gauge pods those damn things are cheaply made as a mo-fo!!! im not saing these gauges are defi's or anywhere near them but hey they work and there a good value!

the only problem ive heard with these is that my friend bought there oil temp gauge and installed it just like the instructions said on here and it seems to be reading really high its always in the red *i forgot what temp it was* but i that maybe the temp might be ok for evo's but the gauge just has that temp set in the red, or my friend wired something wrong.

evo05
06-27-2007, 07:39 PM
cool.........

silvrEVOIXn818
06-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I have mine on my 06 gsr. You can get them from autocityimports.com. They have a combo 3 gauges + the pod for like $170. Looks good w/ the tinted gauges! Fairly accurate, although the a/f gauge is worthless. The pod that comes w/ it fits pretty good, not perfect, but close enough!

evo05
06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
do they have the 52mm size because i want to get some but im going to get the pod that takes over the radio and move the radio to the bottom????

silvrEVOIXn818
06-28-2007, 11:47 AM
They do come in 52 mm (thats what I have) and for the relocation kit O0 I'm sure it will look sweet!

Granny Shifter
06-28-2007, 11:53 AM
or you can get the prosport gauges for like $40/ gauge