PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or...

salukidude
06-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Is SoCalEvo turning into a ricer forum? As the years go by, original EVO owners are selling their cars and young ricer punks are getting used deals on those EVO's. These people are joining the forum, post-whoring like a mofo to look established, then saying whatever the hell they want to. The fortunate part about the past is the the sale/resale value of EVO's was too high for immature ricers. There's nothing that can be done about that, but people on this forum who know need to step up and let these ricers know the deal.

Immature ricers, please be sure to tell me how I'm gonna get shanked for saying this about you...

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Your gonna get shanked like a MOFO muhahahahaha

Terry S
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
It's the way the world works and its completely inevitable.

Terry S

DTunedEvoX
06-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Happens to a lot of cars ... last notably is the WRX... Obtainable for sub 15g's used these days ... Not to mention SoCal is a big target ricer population ... gotta take the good with the bad and hope they move onto something else ...

smokinevo9
06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
u need to tuff it out or your a punk bitch since we have peeps like this everywhere..................

salukidude
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I know that EVO's will get cheaper and more ricers will join.

Does that mean that the forum has to go to shit as well? Â*Why did I even have to explain this?

j_nizzle
06-29-2007, 10:11 AM
meh, might as well embrace it and join "teamm azzholez!!!!!!!!!!!!"

DTunedEvoX
06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
The mods do thier best to enforce the forum from "going to shit" ... But as far as a ricer, wanting the bestest and loudest BOV - until you start making that dudes car payment, I'm pretty sure he'll continue to do whatever ricey - fried or white - stuff he wants to do to his car unfortunately :\

Terry S
06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Does that mean that the forum has to go to shit as well?

Yes.

The forums are a direct reflection of its members. And the members are drivers of Evo's. As the number of ricers driving the car goes up, the number of ricers on the forums goes up.

Terry S

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I dont get why you guys get mad at ricers. They just have a different Â*style then you. They like the bov noise and the body kits.I dont think you should get mad cause of that. I understand alot of younger people are gettin a hold of evo's and they are makin a bad name for evo's but that just means be different from them. No need to hate they are just enjoying their cars.

j_nizzle
06-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I dont get why you guys get mad at ricers. They just have a different style then you. They like the bov noise and the body kits.I dont think you should get mad cause of that. I understand alot of younger people are gettin a hold of evo's and they are makin a bad name for evo's but that just means be different from them. No need to hate they are just enjoying their cars.

honestly, you're right to a certain degree....people are entitled to their opinion and personal style. that's not the real problem(though i truly believe it is). it's really just the ricer mentality that people live up to that pisses enthusiasts off. they are different, ricers and enthusiasts...enthusiasts know better than to race people around on the streets, they know better than to do donuts at a meet parking lot or anywhere else, they dont need to hit absolutely everyone up at a meet to race them, the main issue with younger people in general is the media influence on them. films like f&f and redline make kids think it's cool to do some of the things they see in the movies. they cant possibly understand the industry/community like someone who has grown up in it and/or has been around. the movie studios coupled with the corporations that produce the ricer products know how to make movies and market products to sell to young people and hurt the community. younger and/or not so well off faux-enthusiasts buy into that stuff and since the well off is so small in comparison to the not so well off, ricers are everywhere. it's those "enthusiasts" that dont know any better and end up wasting their hard earned money that fk it up for the guy that tries to enjoy his ride and the what it offers.

sorry for the long rant, i'll add more when i think it's necessary.

smokinevo9
06-29-2007, 10:41 AM
lets put it this way there are peeps in here that thinks that there not a ricer buhahahahahahahahahah

j_nizzle
06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
see: Neji Hyuga

DTunedEvoX
06-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I dont get why you guys get mad at ricers. They just have a different Â*style then you. They like the bov noise and the body kits.I dont think you should get mad cause of that. I understand alot of younger people are gettin a hold of evo's and they are makin a bad name for evo's but that just means be different from them. No need to hate they are just enjoying their cars.

Spoken like a true ricer ... As Terry said - its inevitable ... Unless some miracle happens and ALL the ricers experience a) suffering a loss/fatality in a street racing incident, b) paying a ridiculous fine, c) one of the other many consequences - and I'm willing to bet that, its not going to happen any time soon ...

salukidude
06-29-2007, 10:51 AM

Yes.

The forums are a direct reflection of its members. And the members are drivers of Evo's. As the number of ricers driving the car goes up, the number of ricers on the forums goes up.

Terry S

I disagree. Â*Ricers will exist and will do their ricer stuff _on the street_ but that does not mean that this forum has to be an extension to their street. Â*And my rant is not just directed at ricers, it is directed to experienced members/owners who if they say anything, they are encouraging the ricer.

This is not a Nissan forum, but it is clear a SHIFT has occured. Â*So I guess this answers the thread topic...

j_nizzle
06-29-2007, 10:57 AM
you have to understand, for the most part...this is public forum. you dont get banned unless you fk up. being a ricer is too hard to police simply because they are fk-ups at life. it comes across as being an asshole of some sort on the forum.

apply to be a mod to weed out the ricers. done and done. then you cant complain.

chuckdashi
06-29-2007, 10:59 AM

Spoken like a true ricer ... As Terry said - its inevitable ... Unless some miracle happens and ALL the ricers experience a) suffering a loss/fatality in a street racing incident, b) paying a ridiculous fine, c) one of the other many consequences - and I'm willing to bet that, its not going to happen any time soon ...
well one of the consiquences is happening right now.. that is the profiling were getting... its not just about our cars thou it goes for every import car out there that has a riced out version... and a riced out driver also... why do you think theres so many threads now a days which say check point here... profiling that... got a ticket for no reason.... evo crash... ect... its because of the ricers and the ricer mentality that some have... for some people the car is just to much for them... which ruins it for the most of us... coz we end up picking up some of their slack whether it be thru our insurance rates or just being comfortable driving our cars on the streets and not being worried of getting pulled over for driving an evo...

Boosted
06-29-2007, 11:03 AM
saysthemarch2005

j_nizzle
06-29-2007, 11:10 AM
saysthemarch2005

surprisingly...the influx of ricers started in late 05into06...i dont find it hard to believe why it's such a "problem" for the op

Boosted
06-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I just don't see the point in bitching because we cant prevent it first of all, second its a public forum and third anyone who can afford one can purchase an evo .... ontop of all of these things i'm an 04 and still don't think i'm og enough to bitch about the nubs

DTunedEvoX
06-29-2007, 11:32 AM

Yes.

Terry S

I disagree.Â* Ricers will exist and will do their ricer stuff _on the street_ but that does not mean that this forum has to be an extension to their street.Â* And my rant is not just directed at ricers, it is directed to experienced members/owners who if they say anything, they are encouraging the ricer.

This is not a Nissan forum, but it is clear a SHIFT has occured.Â* So I guess this answers the thread topic...

And your some kinda of Messiah? If so then where have you been ... Like I said it happens with ANY type of car ...lol ... I'll say it again- but this time in reference to the forum - "experience members/owners" cant STOP what a ricer wants to do or say on this forum. Do you agree or disagree? SCE Rules already say they dont condone street racing- they make no mention of them not condoning street RICING ...

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I like the bov noise so I guess Im a ricer big deal but just like J nizzle said everyone has their opinion. Â*But there is a difference between ricers and stupid kids with fast cars. Â*If you cant see that then get over it.

I just don't see the point in bitching because we cant prevent it first of all, second its a public forum and third anyone who can afford one can purchase an evo .... ontop of all of these things i'm an 04 and still don't think i'm og enough to bitch about the nubs

Just like he said they got an evo to so just get over it.

DTunedEvoX
06-29-2007, 11:35 AM
To the OP- now that you've made it ALL clear for us. What exactly is your "suggestion" or "feedback" to the matter? SERIOUSLY ...

well one of the consiquences is happening right now.. that is the profiling were getting... its not just about our cars thou it goes for every import car out there that has a riced out version... and a riced out driver also... why do you think theres so many threads now a days which say check point here... profiling that... got a ticket for no reason.... evo crash... ect... its because of the ricers and the ricer mentality that some have... for some people the car is just to much for them... which ruins it for the most of us... coz we end up picking up some of their slack whether it be thru our insurance rates or just being comfortable driving our cars on the streets and not being worried of getting pulled over for driving an evo...

Re-read what I wrote ... Beginning with the third sentence ...

GokuSSJ4
06-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Yes.

Terry S

I disagree. Â*Ricers will exist and will do their ricer stuff _on the street_ but that does not mean that this forum has to be an extension to their street. Â*And my rant is not just directed at ricers, it is directed to experienced members/owners who if they say anything, they are encouraging the ricer.

This is not a Nissan forum, but it is clear a SHIFT has occured. Â*So I guess this answers the thread topic...

that will happen as the amount of members join SCE or any car forum. look at boards like Honda-tech (over 72k members ) or Club SI (near 100k members)
they will always have such issues, especially when you have such a large amount of members on the boards.Like Terry and Derick have said it "its inevitable "
Most mods/Admins do try to prevent to a certain extend when people get out of control and with sce being such a small community and being a local forum, it Â*helps to a certain degree. Certain things are just beyond their control. In a forum the last thing you want is to banned an individual, but sometimes such individual leaves no choice about it! Placing guidelines Â*always help till the members learned not to either discuss certain things on message board (like street racing)... but you can not control an individuals attitude or approach how they behave outside from the boards (referring to the doing donuts in a parking lot comment)

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 11:39 AM

If your a good driver and mod your car legally then you wont have to fear being pulled over and your insurance wont go up.

RPD_FKTARD
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
i crashed my evo.. so i'm a ricer

flashfoto
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Is SoCalEvo turning into a ricer forum? As the years go by, original EVO owners are selling their cars and young ricer punks are getting used deals on those EVO's. These people are joining the forum, post-whoring like a mofo to look established, then saying whatever the hell they want to. The fortunate part about the past is the the sale/resale value of EVO's was too high for immature ricers. There's nothing that can be done about that, but people on this forum who know need to step up and let these ricers know the deal.

Immature ricers, please be sure to tell me how I'm gonna get shanked for saying this about you...

Hi welcome to 2007. Glad you could make it. ;)

j_nizzle
06-29-2007, 11:52 AM
If your a good driver and mod your car legally then you wont have to fear being pulled over and your insurance wont go up.

you dont do either...are you scared?

GokuSSJ4
06-29-2007, 11:59 AM

funny how that might be... theres been plenty of stories where people with stock evos have been pulled over... excuses were :"the wing is aftermarket, non oem exhaust (on a stock catback), and making people pop their hood for apparently no reason what so ever.. it's just wrong! you don't see people with muscle cars going through so much trouble import owners have.

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 12:06 PM

No cause I have been pulled over and Im honest with the cop and tell him my mods. I just got a fix it ticket for my intake big deal..
Im not saying if you crash your a ricer. I was pointing out how a member was complaining and saying how he cant drive without fearing getting pulled over.

flashfoto
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
1. I have yet to see a socalevo member that's a "ricer" at one of our meets.

2. You don't have to actually "own" an evo to get become a member on socalevo. So the fact that "ricers" are on the boards posting about BOV's, etc., DOESN'T mean they actually DRIVE an evo.

3. Technically, the bigot term "rice" refers to a vehicle/bike manufactured by a Japanese company. Hence we are all "ricers".

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Scientists_agree.jpg

chuckdashi
06-29-2007, 12:13 PM
To the OP- now that you've made it ALL clear for us. What exactly is your "suggestion" or "feedback" to the matter? SERIOUSLY ...

i never disagreed with what you wrote... just placed my piece on the topic...

neji: sorry bro its not just about modding your car or my car or fear that ill get a fat ass ticket... when i mentioned insurance... did you know that evos would pay more on insurance than a brand new 330 bmw... the whole point it insurance is based on value and risks... with those two it will dictate your rate... along with your record... again reason why the rates are higher than normal... and for mods... thats where the profiling steps in...

never said everyone that crashed their cars are ricers... just people who crashed it doing stupid shit like trying to be initial d or trying to show his pen0r is bigger by racing on the street...

Evo8urv8
06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~ct9a_gsr/rice_citation.jpg

GokuSSJ4
06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
why would the display of japanese words would be consider rice? theres peeps with clubs name that have some japanese writing in them, as well as mods.

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 12:25 PM

funny how that might be... theres been plenty of stories where people with stock evos have been pulled over... excuses were :"the wing is aftermarket, non oem exhaust (on a stock catback), and making people pop their hood for apparently no reason what so ever.. it's just wrong! you don't see people with muscle cars going through so much trouble import owners have.

Yea cause most imports like hondas have stolen motors and they design there cars with big wings and bodykits.Cops just use that to find those cars. So get over it, you make it a big Â*deal when you shouldnt. Â*Come on of course they are gonna pull you over for your wing or pop your hood some cops just dont know any better they profile imports cause some have stolen motors. If you dont like the attention then get a different car or dont drive it and leave it in the garage.Everyone has their opinion and style. But dont hate on people who like things that you dont or cause some people screw it up for others. This has gotten off topic. Back to topic. All I can say is dont get mad at people cause these dealers are given good deals so people will buy them. Then come on here to learn and ask questions that everyone has asked. Im sorry but the search sucks you cant find crap some times. Dont forget evryone has been a newb.

Neji Hyuga
06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
chuckdashi I understand what you are saying about insurence I have noticed that to but hey isnt it for the love of the car that you have it? Thats why we pay for it. So dont let those stupid people get to you its noth worth the time and energy.

hksevo8
06-29-2007, 12:39 PM
we do our best to weed out the non topic and junk posts. for the most part we are only as good as our weakest link and that link happens to be the internet as a whole. Annonimity plays a huge roll in the internet. If you see a post that is bothersome to you, report it to a admin/mod. We (meaning blaze) usually will correct the problem before it gets out of hand.

As an experianced member, you should also know by now how you can trust and who you should just walk on by......I have my friends from the boards that I would do most anything for.....then there are those who want my help, but are not worth my time....in the end it is up to the member to take what info they want from the site and apply it however they want.

DTunedEvoX
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM

I dont get why you guys get mad at ricers. They just have a different style then you. They like the bov noise and the body kits.I dont think you should get mad cause of that. I understand alot of younger people are gettin a hold of evo's and they are makin a bad name for evo's but that just means be different from them. No need to hate they are just enjoying their cars.

i never disagreed with what you wrote... just placed my piece on the topic...

neji: sorry bro its not just about modding your car or my car or fear that ill get a fat ass ticket... when i mentioned insurance... did you know that evos would pay more on insurance than a brand new 330 bmw... the whole point it insurance is based on value and risks... with those two it will dictate your rate... along with your record... again reason why the rates are higher than normal... and for mods... thats where the profiling steps in...

never said everyone that crashed their cars are ricers... just people who crashed it doing stupid shit like trying to be initial d or trying to show his pen0r is bigger by racing on the street...

Acknowledge - preach on!

salukidude
06-29-2007, 01:08 PM
To the OP- now that you've made it ALL clear for us. What exactly is your "suggestion" or "feedback" to the matter? SERIOUSLY

I would just like to see people that know the forum rules and used to respect them, to stand up and tell unruley people how things are supposed to be. Â*I really don't like seeing threads about guys street racing Mustang's cause the Mustang owner smarted off to them. Â*Then to see respectable members saying, yeah shank him...

I do not envy the MOD's job, nor do I want to be one. Â*I will therefore not complain. Â*My suggestion is that the slack some members are getting needs to be cut.

GokuSSJ4
06-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Yea cause most imports like hondas have stolen motors and they design there cars with big wings and bodykits.Cops just use that to find those cars. So get over it, you make it a big Â*deal when you shouldnt. Â*Come on of course they are gonna pull you over for your wing or pop your hood some cops just dont know any better they profile imports cause some have stolen motors. If you dont like the attention then get a different car or dont drive it and leave it in the garage.Everyone has their opinion and style. But dont hate on people who like things that you dont or cause some people screw it up for others. This has gotten off topic. Back to topic. All I can say is dont get mad at people cause these dealers are given good deals so people will buy them. Then come on here to learn and ask questions that everyone has asked. Im sorry but the search sucks you cant find crap some times. Dont forget evryone has been a newb.

i had both at on point or another, evos and hondas.. never been pulled over for stupid shit ! Â*but it has been an over all observation about peoples behavior on the boards. also FYI im not complaining of anything or hating on anyone... Â*an like i said it's part of the message boardland, People get all fired up for certain things.. others dont!
The matter of the fact is that you will never be able to stop people that have a "different taste" or the way they decide to conduct themself on line. But most boards do have some guideliness and if this isnt anything new. now someone who decides to post on line, they should take the time to read and try to find as much info first on their questions, before getting out of control.
Also, I can care less for those that decided to purchase a body kit and a huge APR wing, their money their choice. I can give my opinion, but you can either choose to read it or like most people do just ignore what some one else has to say if you do not agree with it.
very simple! *

RPD_FKTARD
06-29-2007, 01:15 PM
if i remember correctly goku was all fired up from one of my posts before :P

GokuSSJ4
06-29-2007, 03:39 PM
what I simply said was that others take it personal and some don't.. I never included myself in any of the groups.. an I do get fired up from time to time :buck2: specially when it comes to you! loll :D

drmosh
06-30-2007, 12:04 AM
To the OP- now that you've made it ALL clear for us. What exactly is your "suggestion" or "feedback" to the matter? SERIOUSLY

I would just like to see people that know the forum rules and used to respect them, to stand up and tell unruley people how things are supposed to be. I really don't like seeing threads about guys street racing Mustang's cause the Mustang owner smarted off to them. Then to see respectable members saying, yeah shank him...

I do not envy the MOD's job, nor do I want to be one. I will therefore not complain. My suggestion is that the slack some members are getting needs to be cut.

In all reality, people like you are not helping anything, you want to call people names like ricers and incite people, you are part of the problem, you are NOT the solution. End of story. For every "ricer" you call on the forum there's people like you who have a bone to pick too. You are just another side of the coin. You claim you just want them to follow the rules, don't hide in your self righteousness, you just dissent whenever someone posts something you don't like.

Just in case you forgot, this is the internet, if you are getting razzled because of people's posts on the public forum, you should disconnect.

chavo_del_8
06-30-2007, 01:09 AM
My gut feeling is that the whole "ricer" issue will eventually fade (on the forums and in general). Laws are getting tougher and cops are getting smarter. I think that we sometimes forget that the import culture started to peak only a few years ago and law enforcement is still adjusting. Sometimes they can be a little extreme but I think it has to do with public outcry/media attention. I don't recall there being so much heat in the early days before F & F.

I consider myself an enthusiast as well and I know my love of cars will not be diminished by profiling or whatever the case may be. I'm just going to wait it out.

Plus if "ricers" are so irrititating or whatever shouldn't we try to point them in the right direction instead of bashing them? The majority are kids, sooner or later they'll wise up.

salukidude
06-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Just in case you forgot, this is the internet, if you are getting razzled because of people's posts on the public forum, you should disconnect.

k will do.

I appreciate the official explanation that this forum has changed its views on street racing and violence (which was perhaps my bad definition of "ricer").Â* This was fun for a few years...thanks.

drmosh
06-30-2007, 01:19 AM

k will do.

I appreciate the official explanation that this forum has changed its views on street racing and violence (which was perhaps my bad definition of "ricer"). This was fun for a few years...thanks.

Yea, exactly, what more do I need to say, you will read and justify whatever you want to hear... we didn't change our view on any of that, you just want to confuse the issue and call everyone a ricer then blame us and say we are changing our views, you have a problem of distinction, go play somewhere else if you are so disillusioned. Thank you for your assumptions.

This post is not just for the OP, it's for all of you, if you are sitting here reading the forums and you are getting hackles about something that you just can't get over, you need to step back and break out of the tunnel vision, if what you are reading is giving you hemorrhoids you seriously just need to stop reading for awhile and gain some perspective.