PDA

View Full Version : Any "cruise" spots in SD anywhere?

termite_one
06-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I guess I should fist say I am from Detroit originally... "motor-city."Â* I have lived in SD for a bit now, working in north county.Â* I would say that there is one thing I miss most about detroit is a bit of the car culture.Â* On any given day (ANY day, even tuesday night) you can go out on woodward ave and catch some street races, or just chill in a parking lot.Â* As I got older, I stopped going out there, and lost interest.Â* But it was nice to do it once or twice a summer.Â* So I am wondering, Is there an equivalent to this in SD?Â* A place where car people go on a regular basis?Â* Car culture is much more in your face in Detroit.Â* I know there has to be stuff going on around here, but I never seem to hear about it.Â* The mix of people on woodward ave is a really good one.Â* From gnarly muscle cars on slicks to evos... stis... etc... like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/JLangley/Woodward/DSCF0059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/JLangley/Woodward/DSCF0003.jpg

(horrible pics, but you get the idea.)

Anyone want to clue me in?Â* Â*:2funny:

TeKiZeRo
06-29-2007, 09:32 PM
There are periodic meets here and there around SD. There are much anymore as before because of cops cracking down on everyone. There's meets at Fusion on Convoy on Tuesdays or you can hit up Qualcomm on Friday to watch some cars race. Just keep an eye out in the SD section for people posting up meets. I posted up a thread for a meet on Sunday the 8th next week if you want to tag along.

pog0
06-30-2007, 08:05 PM
First Thursday of every month, All Wheel Junkies meet at Pat & Oscars in Mission Valley.

swimmer160
07-01-2007, 01:40 PM
yo termite....you workin in O-Side? I live about two hours from you back at the homeland of the Midwest Mitten (I'm from Bay City)! There's some awesome places to just go out driving. PM me anytime if you want to just go driving, I live right outside the Camp Pendleton back gate.