PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be back in the saddle

DrMerl
07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
I just recently picked up one of the last untitled Evo 9 MRs (Silver) here in San Diego from Poway Mitsu, build is June 06 - I had another Evo 9 MR (purchased in 12/05 - not a good build) about 4 months ago which was superbly tuned by TT. This is my 3rd Evo - just can't stay away from these buggers. I've had a chance to drive all sorts of cars and the Evo has so far been the only one to keep my attention (including Porsches, but man are they close).

I'll be heading up to that vacation spot Colton for another round of goodies soon, once you get a taste of what an Evo can do there's really not much of anything short of a $140K 997 TT that will fit the bill. A Caymen S has some good feel, but is "boring" in the motivation part. I've got my super SUV in the Cayenne S, best handling 5,000lbs ever, 6 piston brakes are on par with the Evo - not that fast really, think civic SI =)

This one will go on the dyno for it's initial pull while totally stock.

Johnny Law has been out in force here in SD, I got gunned on my way home from dealership by a CHiP going opposite way, he wanted to make sure I saw him as he pulled detector out at 65mph and proceeded to show me the money =). I was cruising and made sure he couldnt pull off and head back towards me, a few min later a cruiser was running radar from behind...they WILL look for you, no ifs ands or buts. Got gunned while out and about today too (funny how a 350Z can't muster for a stock E9 with 109miles) - Peeps, if you don't have a Valentine One (or something that will show rear radar) you're asking for it. LEOs are out in force on 15 nowadays with anything past the Escondildo a speed trap waiting to nab you. They work in pairs and will use scopes to find you, they sit on the side of the freeway and look backwards up and down the hills. If you wanna have fun in SD with the Evo you gotta head east to Borrego and the twisties out there. Luck to my fellow SD enthusiasts, watch your fast lane changes and keep one eye behind you. Oh yeah, Silver really IS the fastest ;)

Smogrunner
07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
You speaketh the truth my man! Let me know when you are going to TTech, I'll go too.

vortech_g35
07-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Nice to see a fellow SD man. Check out the regional forums, we have a couple meets coming up. BTW GG is faster than AS.

Jenn@ttech
07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Good thing you already have a credit with tt! ;)

Evo8urv8
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
BTW GG is faster than AS.

http://www.exedyusa.com/images/sponsored/small/amsdrag1.jpg

Never seen a GG faster than this AS. :D

AS = FTMFW :-P :grin:

TeKiZeRo
07-02-2007, 05:01 PM
HAHAHA Owned!

vortech_g35
07-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I believe the highest HP evo is GG :).

flashfoto
07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I completely agree. I have driven porsches among other vehicles and I can say that my evo is my favorite by far. I absolutely love to drive it. It feels as though I have just climbed into a track car every time I fire it up. As for the cops and speeding tickets, they're more of a hassle really. Easy enough to beat. But you can't beat the feeling of driving an EVO!!

Alucard
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I believe the highest HP evo is GG :).

Its black :D

DrMerl
07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Good thing you already have a credit with tt! ;)

You're the best Jen! Thank you for remembering =)