PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi EVO X Real World Photos

mister_grey
07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Mitsubishi EVO X Real World Photos (http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/country/jcf/spyphotoID/6070703.002/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-evo-x-real-world-photos)

Pics of the new X in the wet at the Nürburgring

hmmmm ... pretty glad i got the ix... dunno maybe it'll grow on me :-\

(apologies and delete this if it's repost)

EvolvedMCC
07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
not bad...the car does looks pissed off with that new front hehe. i can imagine it in the rear view mirror looking like "move, b**ch get outta the way!"

Jdm9
07-03-2007, 12:31 PM
its deff prefer my IX but it looks like it would grow on me very fast especially if i see it in person

1WkdEvo
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
The front of the car is way nicer/meaner looking and the rear end grows on you since it looks just like the current GTS. Looks much better in person. New engine sucks since we will have to wait for AM mods, but basic bolt ons will make this a little beast pretty easily

Mach1Evo
07-03-2007, 12:49 PM
O0

cky_bam_marg
07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
well hell what more can u say besides welcome to the family!!? but still its all about the evo 11 and evo 12 you know theyll look so much better O0

JDMwhore
07-03-2007, 01:48 PM
hmm the evo X, this look really needs to grow on me, the style changed but I wont say for the good. But not for the bad either, the fronts nice looks like it would look even meanier with a upgraded intercooler, but the back says ugly looks like it had a jdm rear bumper and just got rear ended. But to each his own.

Evo8supercar
07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
What's up with the mirrors. not sure if I like them, I guess mitsu continues the saga of the ugly mirrors.

leaveit2bevo
07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
finally a pic in a normal color, I like the ochos and 9s better way meaner.

Pops
07-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Looks like they slapped a Volvo hood and an STI spoiler on it. 2 liter and 250 lbs heavier, wider.

Boy I'm excited.

What's this thing going for fully loaded, $38K? oooh giving me the chills.

gen4k20a2
07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
silver brembos?!?!?!

apexstrafer
07-03-2007, 06:37 PM
bleh. looks fat and awkward.

ziggity
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
fat ugly sharkfaced POS, thank god I own a 9.

Granny Shifter
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
meh, i live my car more

subgraphic
07-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Im ready to put down a deposit.. the only thing holding me back is the GTR...

I guess I could get the X and move up to the GTR when it comes out..

decisions, decisions :)

zeroman21
07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Do you guys ever watch the Conan O'Brien show? He takes photos of goof ball celebrities to show what their offspring would look like. This X looks like that. It's an ugly mix with part Subaru, part Lexus and part Volvo. Basically, it looks like ass. I also like the fact that the new engine is 50 pounds lighter than the iconic 4G63, but then they go ahead and add 250 pounds elsewhere to the car. Great logic there Mitusbishi engineers. :idiot2:
Is anyone surprised? They did the EXACT SAME THING to the Eclipse when that crap looking 3 gen came out. Who is running the show over there at Mitsubishi...Special Ed?

JOOTZ
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
it just looks bigger,heavier

Sr20kidD
07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
rear reminds me of an IS 250;350 front does look a little nice, specially the fogs. But the car overall resembles that of an Audi.. um..

i dunno, i will need to see it in person at mod 07

E V O L W O N
07-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Dare I say the STI might look better? Â*I'm kinda torn. Â*Depends on the numbers......

Dos531
07-05-2007, 02:11 AM
The evo is dead after the IX as far as im concerned.

thugline
07-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Something just doesn't look right about the car.

branksIX
07-05-2007, 04:41 AM
Im suprised a lot of you guys dont like it, its pretty damn badass i must say. I think it will start to grow on a lot of ppl. imo it looks amazing. lets see how it performs tho, thats what i care about

branksIX
07-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Do you guys ever watch the Conan O'Brien show? He takes photos of goof ball celebrities to show what their offspring would look like. This X looks like that. It's an ugly mix with part Subaru, part Lexus and part Volvo. Basically, it looks like ass. I also like the fact that the new engine is 50 pounds lighter than the iconic 4G63, but then they go ahead and add 250 pounds elsewhere to the car. Great logic there Mitusbishi engineers. :idiot2:
Is anyone surprised? They did the EXACT SAME THING to the Eclipse when that crap looking 3 gen came out. Who is running the show over there at Mitsubishi...Special Ed?

Mitsubishi motors is getting better and they have great engineers, i wouldnt doubt them one bit, and besides mitsu finnaly reported a profit this year since, oh i dunno never. their coming up slowly but surely

EVO Neil
07-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Some of the comments you guys make are sooooo stupid! Do you really try to understand why things are done the way they are before you open your mouths?Â* Â*:idiot2:Â* Â*As far as weight, it's been covered before. Crash/side impact standards continue to increase which is better for all of us.

There is no 2007 U.S. Evo because it didn't meet those standards, hence the new one gained some weight to meet new crash standards for 2008 and beyond. Hello every manufacturer deals with these issues and hence weight almost always goes up on new models. The fact that the engine lost 50 pounds should tell you that Mitsubishi did everything they could to control weight gain.Â* Wow, such logic!

I like the look of the new Lancer and Evo X and think it is a nice upgrade. This is the best looking Lancer ever and sales numbers seem to reflect that. Every time they've changed the look, Evo IV, VII and now X people have complained and yet it sells in larger quantities. I say, out with the old and in with the new, I can't wait to drive it!

evilrs
07-05-2007, 08:16 AM
looks good to me. It seems to me that people say they hate it just to say they hate it. change is good. I never liked the look of the current evo. I bought it cuz its fast. I truely think its ugly as hell!!

Macky
07-05-2007, 08:58 AM
id rock it.

Evo8supercar
07-05-2007, 09:05 AM
The X looks like an awesome car to be driven daily and occasionally take it at the track and be expected to get whipped by VIII or IX (with Mods)

Verses the VIII OR IX which is the ultimate track car, weekend car and for many of us a tolerable daily driven.

The weight of the car is the main factor for me.

HeLLA JDM y0
07-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I can foresee evo 9 owners trading in for the 10 just because it'll be faster.

lznk41
07-05-2007, 10:41 AM
funny how people are quick to hate on newer evos e.g. OH NO T3H mivec is THE horrible, yet when the 9's did come out, everyone was praising it. i guarantee that the X will be just as good if not better than the previous evos. its just a cycle that i seem to see everytime. when i first got into evo's (evo 5), everyone thought that the 7 was ugly, the 8 was uglier, etc etc.

i cant wait to test drive one. ill be going to tokyo auto salon this year and keep you guys updated with wat japans car manufacturers have to offer. O0

airforce1
07-05-2007, 11:05 AM
funny how people are quick to hate on newer evos e.g. OH NO T3H mivec is THE horrible, yet when the 9's did come out, everyone was praising it. i guarantee that the X will be just as good if not better than the previous evos. its just a cycle that i seem to see everytime. when i first got into evo's (evo 5), everyone thought that the 7 was ugly, the 8 was uglier, etc etc.

i cant wait to test drive one. ill be going to tokyo auto salon this year and keep you guys updated with wat japans car manufacturers have to offer. O0

No, really the X is really ugly. Anyone else who doesn't think so, I will provide an eye exam at no charge (I'm an optometrist).

Evo4life
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Why not put a 250 lb weight in the trunk and when you buy it you can take it out?

hksevo8
07-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I noticed alot of the haters drive IX's........glad you love your cars, just wait until you get smoked by a stock X. As i read through, I had a familiar feeling about when the VIII was introduced and then the IX....most people did not like them either. People are funny that way I guess.

flashfoto
07-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Econo box styling like a Mazda or something.

Survey says:
XXX

zeroman21
07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Personally, I like cars that try to appeal to EVERYONE. That way, no one will ever be completely enthusiastic about it. The heavier the better. More safety. Why not just equip the car with a helmet and a HANS device? I usually try to say everything that's on my mind without caring about how it sounds or even trying to think about it. Gotta go now...Jimmie Johnson is turning left...

kimber_94806
07-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Love the look of the car. Will probably look cleaner without the wing. Will be looking forward to driving it when it finally comes out.

Vigo
07-06-2007, 08:33 PM
The Evo X is the best looking Evo ever. For me looks do not really matter much. The only thing important is if it performs better than the current Evo. If it does not, that will be the only time it will truly suck. If you bought the Evo for looks, you must really have low standards in aesthetics. It's not that great looking.

Miss Evo8
07-06-2007, 10:16 PM
You IX owners are weird :crazy2: the car looks great.... the front looks mean
I'm glad they got rid of the goofy ass clear light BS..... and most of you "buy for performance?" :roll: I hope I can get one in a year or so.... great DD... Mitsu seems to be getting away from the "Rice Boy" image...

grafix43
07-06-2007, 10:32 PM
every stock Evo ever made is not that great looking imho.... and this one is pretty much the same... the face is a bit meaner looking but something about the part above the intercooler and all just looks kinda wierd to me.... out of all evo's id say i prefer the IX the most, and no not just becuase i own one.... And i say "prefer" which doesnt mean i necessarily think it looks great, just better than the others.... Overall if you go out and buy an Evo based on looks alone, then you're just wierd imo lol... its about the entire package O0 (power, handling, reliability, etc...)

Evo8urv8
07-06-2007, 10:36 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~ct9a_gsr/Evo_Concept.jpg

What an Evo X should be. :D

flashfoto
07-06-2007, 11:00 PM
The EVO is a novelty car. That's why I bought one. I wanted my novelty race car. It's fun. I love everything about it. And yes, I think it looks good (I have a IX). But no matter, VIII, IX, they both look cool in my opinion. I wouldn't trade it for anything at this point.

Is it the best "looking" car? No, if I wanted that, I would've bought the Aston Martin V8 Vantage or DB9. (Best looking car on the road today) If you haven't seen one up close, in person and preferably in that rich wine color, then you don't know. But the EVO isn't the worst looking car either.

Should Mitsu make the EVO a car that has styling to appeal to EVERYONE as is the case obviously with the X? Sure why not. They are in the business of making $$. This is why Porsche came out with an SUV. Bllleeeck!! I personally like the fact that the current EVO's have an aggresive "racer boy" styling.

Is it about the whole package? Yes. Mitsu has that covered. But you lovers of this new "dumbed down" styling wouldn't be saying the same thing if Lamborghini came out with an econo box "styling for the masses" car, now wouldcha?

Mitsu has a car to appeal to the masses. It's called a Lancer. Let's not make the X another "Lancer". ooops... too late. :uglystupid2:

Oh well, such is life I guess. :-\

flashfoto
07-06-2007, 11:16 PM

True that! But that's a world apart from a stock X. $$$

grafix43
07-07-2007, 12:17 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~ct9a_gsr/Evo_Concept.jpg

mmm now that is sexy.... i would give that some tail pipe lovin...

gen4k20a2
07-07-2007, 09:58 AM
The magazines say the biggest mistake that mitsu can make with this car is to make it too user friendly...i think they did that.

10 bucks says we get to see it at MOD

leaveit2bevo
07-07-2007, 12:40 PM
noticed alot of the haters drive IX's........glad you love your cars, just wait until you get smoked by a stock X. As i read through, I had a familiar feeling about when the VIII was introduced and then the IX....most people did not like them either. People are funny that way I guess.

Ive heard the X is around 280-290whp and 3600lbs so im not sure if it will be smoking evos.

in-n-out-310
07-07-2007, 02:06 PM
that thing looks pissed!

IXMREVO
07-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Some of the comments you guys make are sooooo stupid! Do you really try to understand why things are done the way they are before you open your mouths? Â* :idiot2: Â* As far as weight, it's been covered before. Crash/side impact standards continue to increase which is better for all of us.

There is no 2007 U.S. Evo because it didn't meet those standards, hence the new one gained some weight to meet new crash standards for 2008 and beyond. Hello every manufacturer deals with these issues and hence weight almost always goes up on new models. The fact that the engine lost 50 pounds should tell you that Mitsubishi did everything they could to control weight gain. Â*Wow, such logic!

I like the look of the new Lancer and Evo X and think it is a nice upgrade. This is the best looking Lancer ever and sales numbers seem to reflect that. Every time they've changed the look, Evo IV, VII and now X people have complained and yet it sells in larger quantities. I say, out with the old and in with the new, I can't wait to drive it!

Thank you

JDMC-WestEVO
07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
modded like that pic i think they will look bad ass

SurfEvo
07-08-2007, 03:33 AM
through out the generations of evo what have been the characteristics that defined the evo? A 2L turbo motor, advanced awd drive system, bulging flared fenders on a econo-box, and raw awesome handling. I feel the evo x offers all of these features in a newer and safer package. Car styling is always going to be evolving just like the evo. Of you notice the designers kept the traditional squared off fender flares instead of using the rounded style that was on the concept car. Also as far as the dsg style trans, mitsubishi know that if their system is not amazing they will not sell many of them. I am looking forward to convincing my girlfriend I need the new evo and since it is an auto she can drive it too. I plan on keeping my VIII until I die so I will never miss it's raw power and great handling. Some changes are good and this better be one of them or mitsubishi will lose its customers.

Evo4life
07-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Someone should send that pic in to Mitsubishi and say it's an idea for the Evo 11/12. Who knows?

emptyg5000
07-14-2007, 10:56 AM
The thing looks predatory with that front end. I'm just sick of seeing the red one. C'mon Mitsubishi, publish some pics of the GG X!

SoCalRedLine
07-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I got some real world pics for you guys. O0
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1399.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1400.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1401.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1402.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1403.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1404.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1405.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1406.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k242/SCRLAmike/MOD%202007/DSCF1407.jpg

emptyg5000
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Please...please post more pics. That thing is awesome.

SoCalRedLine
07-14-2007, 12:22 PM
^thats all i got, too crowded to take more :(:D...

Im sure others will post more later O0

P.S. anyone that can make a good animated .GIF, I tried to keep the camera in the same spot for the unveiling. It would make a sweet .GIF...lol :grin:

gevo
07-14-2007, 12:53 PM
looks like the prototype x to me, not the production ver.

EVO Neil
07-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Mitusbishi is still calling this one a prototype but it IS close to production. I think the exterior is very close, the interior a little less so. I don't think we'll see alcantara on the dash and upper parts of the door and that seat material will definitely not make production.

gen4k20a2
07-14-2007, 08:48 PM
When they pulled the cover off this thing i walked away... Ive seen this in magazines. It looks almost exaclty like what they had last year. Actually i thought it was the same car again. I was expecting something hotter than that but what could i expect...them to show up with an X?
ehhh

EvolvedMCC
07-14-2007, 08:54 PM
i'd say that is 90% the Evo X. Look at it, it's body is the new Lancer with some different styling cues and wider fenders. Those wheels and side mirrors probably won't make it to production, but I'd say that's what we'll see in showrooms next year...=)

Miss Evo8
07-14-2007, 08:57 PM
It's beautiful up close and personal in real life. I want one. You can see where the design has "Evolved"... anyone notice the fenders and body on a Starion? notice how the fenders flare? look over at your own cars..... I love my Evo :smitten:

gevo
07-14-2007, 10:10 PM
When they pulled the cover off this thing i walked away... Ive seen this in magazines. It looks almost exaclty like what they had last year. Actually i thought it was the same car again. I was expecting something hotter than that but what could i expect...them to show up with an X?
ehhh

I thought it was the same car too...interior was a bit different though

boostin_terrier
07-14-2007, 10:39 PM
BOI-OI-OI-OING!!!

i cant believe i missed this shit 2 times in a row UGH!

EVO Neil
07-15-2007, 06:53 AM
ehhh

Yes, but seeing it in magazines and seeing it in person are two completely different things. And it was NOT what they showed us last year.

Timujin
07-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Should have raffled off one test drive. :D

Would've built up lots of X hype.

The X looked cool yesterday.

greekven
07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Actually it's not a bad looking car if you see it person. One thing I didn't like though, was that chrome trim around the front grill.

I think in black would look very aggressive.

EvolvedMCC
07-15-2007, 10:58 AM
i think this car in black with a nice drop and some aggressive offset wheels would look real nice. the front already has a pissed off look to it. depending on the price and my wallet when this thing comes out, i may actually strongly consider getting one...oh and yeah get rid of that chrome trim around the grill lol.

1michael322
07-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Eh...Its kinda nice...But its too Futuristic for me... Im happy with my IX =D

smokinevo9
07-23-2007, 01:06 AM
sorry the X is weak

white9
07-23-2007, 08:58 AM
sorry the X is weak

+1

Thedread
07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
sorry the X is weak

hmmm...bet it will outsell all previous editions of the Evo......right now dealers are slling the new Lancers like hot cakes.