PDA

View Full Version : States banning electronics in cars.

Terenus
07-05-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/05/states-looking-to-crack-down-on-in-vehicle-electronics-getty-im/

What's next, they're going to ban people for drinking water in the car?

RPD_FKTARD
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
What is the craziest thing you've ever seen someone doing while driving?

one hand on the cellphone talking, another putting makeups on her face looking at rearview mirror and hold steering wheels with her elbow...
frickin female ninja drivers

Miss Evo8
07-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Texting on the sidekick... driving with one knee.. putting on lip gloss and shifting in the Evo... while drinking starbucks :buck2: I love to multi-task

trmacblckevo
07-09-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/05/states-looking-to-crack-down-on-in-vehicle-electronics-getty-im/

What's next, they're going to ban people for drinking water in the car?

Yeah cause when you take a sip of the water you look up at the headliner and not at the road!! LOL!!! : )

leaveit2bevo
07-09-2007, 09:49 PM
fuck the cops I lean like a cholo elbows up side to side...

trmacblckevo
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
fuck the cops I lean like a cholo elbows up side to side...

LMAO!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

That shiet is going in my SIG!!!!!!!!

x[corwyn]
07-10-2007, 08:03 AM
I got hit by a guy because he was going for his cellphone and wasnt looking. He wandered into my lane when he pulled an emergency change into the parking lot I was in and cut the driveway at about 35-40mph.

Not to mention if you ride a motorcycle you really see a lot better the morons that drive cars...Most people cannot multitask. They usually can barely drive a vehicle as it is, then add in complex electronics they dont understand that well either and guess what happens? Why do you think we have such slow limits even though cars are safer and better? Now that the cars are safer people drive stupider and lazier. Maybe if they actually made the test an intelligent actual test they might not need stupid laws like this.

Mokaone
07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.scaryideas.com/watermark.php?src=2320.jpg

but yea, im all for banning electronics in cars. i remember watching some documentary on the autobahn and how the germans have always been confused on why americans have cup holders in their cars. they see driving as a serious thing and u shouldnt be eating/drinking while driving.

trmacblckevo
07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
LOL!!! ^^^^

RPD_FKTARD
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
]
I got hit by a guy because he was going for his cellphone and wasnt looking. He wandered into my lane when he pulled an emergency change into the parking lot I was in and cut the driveway at about 35-40mph.

Not to mention if you ride a motorcycle you really see a lot better the morons that drive cars...Most people cannot multitask. They usually can barely drive a vehicle as it is, then add in complex electronics they dont understand that well either and guess what happens? Why do you think we have such slow limits even though cars are safer and better? Now that the cars are safer people drive stupider and lazier. Maybe if they actually made the test an intelligent actual test they might not need stupid laws like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vIWollFz78

x[corwyn]
07-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Dude thats about one of the coolest videos I have seen in a long time. Sexy, funny, good action, but tragic. That was "" right there from having it all.

Boosted
07-15-2007, 03:35 AM
ladies don't take this personal because there are just as many guys that do it also, BUT I tend to see more females doing it and doing it longer! They need to ban the use of cell phones while driving imo. I see stupid bitches swerving all over the place driving around yapping all fucking day!! not to mention idiots on the road and freeway trying to text message while they swerve all over their damn lane trying to keep one eye on the road and still see what the hell they are typing shit is ridiculous.

LiquidLife
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I think cell phones are fine on the road, but I think people should be licensed for the use of a cell phone in a car by playing a a First person shooter, like Gears of war. If they are the average person moving slow and bumping into walls and dying all the time, they don't get a cell phone license, but if they are like me and f*ck people up, then they can get a license...

Terenus
07-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I think cell phones are fine on the road, but I think people should be licensed for the use of a cell phone in a car by playing a a First person shooter, like Gears of war. If they are the average person moving slow and bumping into walls and dying all the time, they don't get a cell phone license, but if they are like me and f*ck people up, then they can get a license...

ROFL, I love that idea.

Mokaone
07-28-2007, 02:23 PM
my 2cents... i think they need to make it harder for people to even get their license. my friend's uncle from the UK (i believe it was UK) was telling us about how hard it is to get it out there.. not to mention it cost about a grand.

they should make driving school mandatory, and not like.. drive X number or hours with some instructor or watever. but class where they actually teach you to drive your car.

GSX2EVO
08-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I think banning electronics in cars is a great idea. Just ask yourself how many times you've been driving on the freeway and had some idiot start merging into you because hes texting or has the cell phone to his ear. As fo watching DVD's while your driving and even having a DVD player in the front dash is just stupid. Can't people wait until they get home? Is the movie really that amazing that you have to watch while you're driving? Legislators haven't always been so strict with banning electronics because a lot of the states that have banned cell phone use actually started off by encouraging people to use handsfree devices when using your cell. There is also a reason why they are pushing for states to ban electronics... they are causing accidents! If they found that drinking water while driving was causing accidents, I wouldnt mind banning that too. There have also been people commenting about making it more difficult to obtain a licence... are you serious? The problem isnt that its too easy to get one, its that people try and make driving part of their juggling act of tasks.

They should make driving school mandatory, and not like.. drive X number or hours with some instructor or watever. but class where they actually teach you to drive your car.

Good idea for all drivers to do just to learn the dynamics of driving, but the problem is that the bad driving in this situation is due to electronic use. There is no class that teaches you (nor should there have to be) how to multitask while driving.

For anyone who disagrees with me, ask yourself would you want a surgeoun operating on you while hes on the cell phone/applying makeup/sipping his coffee? People are quick to say well thats different but is it really? All that separates you from a deadly crash on the road are 3 inch-wide painted yellow lines...

LiquidLife
08-06-2007, 12:13 PM
haha, well it doesn't take me 10 years of college to get a drivers license though...Â* if surgery was as easy as driving, yeah I guess the doc can talk on his cell phone while operating, no problem, I have insurance and gap, hell yeah, so if I die, the insurance company will just pay to have my body fixed and brought back to life, hahaha.

GSX2EVO
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
haha, well it doesn't take me 10 years of college to get a drivers license though... if surgery was as easy as driving, yeah I guess the doc can talk on his cell phone while operating, no problem, I have insurance and gap, hell yeah, so if I die, the insurance company will just pay to have my body fixed and brought back to life, hahaha.

Its people with that kind of thinking that are responsible for high insurance rates, accidents, and more related to this thread - banning of electronics. Driving is not easy, there is a lot more to it then just gas and brake. If professional drivers (i.e. NASCAR, Formula 1, WRC, Etc.) can make mistakes regular drivers on phones/dvd watching/putting on make-up is f*cking scary.

LiquidLife
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
My thinking is that your driving comparison to a surgeon is not a good one.

LiquidLife
08-06-2007, 02:37 PM
BTW, no offense

GSX2EVO
08-06-2007, 02:59 PM
None taken. The analogy may be extreme and hard to accept for you but thats exactly my point. Why isnt it a good comparison? Why does a surgeon operating on you demand more focus than a person driving a 2 ton mass of metal on the road? In both cases an uncalculated maneuver could prove devasting. It shouldnt be any different really.

I guess I've just have had a bad experience with drivers not paying attention on the road and almost clipping me, and the fact that I had a family friend pass away because a girl was texting on her phone while driving. Search the threads Im sureÂ* people on SoCal have started threads about their experiences. Besides driving the Evo around is more fun for me than being on the phone.Â*

LiquidLife
08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Well it all depends on how secure you want to feel in contrast with freedom.Â* The more security and safety, the less freedom we have.

wayne
02-21-2008, 11:17 PM
driving school, not sure how that helps with the grey panther problem
let darwin have his due

/herd thinner that is the name of the brand

LiquidLife
02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
huh

Wests
06-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Very lame.

LiquidLife
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
huh

drmosh
07-05-2008, 06:33 PM
cops have a lot of electronics in their cars, they should be banned yeah?

CASH$ MONEY
07-06-2008, 02:11 AM
^
+1

:2funny:

LiquidLife
07-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Cops do whatever they want.