PDA

View Full Version : Gear question HELP!

Neji Hyuga
07-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey guys I was driving like 15 mins ago and when I put it in 4th gear it poped out so I put it back in again and it grinded pretty bad. I took it out and it locked up. So that gear doesnt work. My third gear was grinding before the 4th was acting up but I learned how to drive with out grinding. Is it related? Whats wrong?

Neji Hyuga
07-11-2007, 02:35 PM
It cant be my clutch cause i got a new one. Is it my transmission goin out or my gears need to be resynchroyed

DTunedEvoX
07-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Who installed your clutch?

Neji Hyuga
07-11-2007, 02:39 PM
RRE

StockEVO
07-12-2007, 11:18 PM
If it's the clutch. It's going to grind in all gears. Swing by when you get a chance and I'll have someone take a look at it for you.

trmacblckevo
07-13-2007, 10:27 PM
The clutch has nothing to do with this. Most likely its your syncros. Change your tranny fluid first to see if that helps. I say this because when my clutch went out it slipped really bad but went into every single gear perfectly. You can get some BG Syncroshift from your local mitsu dealership. I think it is like $14 bucks a quart you will need three. I changed mine 2 months ago because my gears felt notchy and this made a noticable difference. Hope this helps you. Good luck with that bro

Neji Hyuga
07-17-2007, 02:05 PM
The clutch has nothing to do with this. Most likely its your syncros. Change your tranny fluid first to see if that helps. I say this because when my clutch went out it slipped really bad but went into every single gear perfectly. You can get some BG Syncroshift from your local mitsu dealership. I think it is like $14 bucks a quart you will need three. I changed mine 2 months ago because my gears felt notchy and this made a noticable difference. Hope this helps you. Good luck with that bro

I got the fluids changed out when I bought the clutch and everything. I pretty sure its the syncros tho. I was wonderin tho when I take my evo to the dealer if they are gonna not warrenty it cause the aftermarket clutch and light weight flywheel
Im gonna take off alot of the parts on my car and return back to stock.