PDA

View Full Version : got my car back!

ap-evo83
07-12-2007, 08:12 AM
thanks a whole lot to alfred, jen and the staff of TT. car is running smooth at the moment. totally different from the AMS shortblock crap i got.
took awhile but i know it was worth the wait. it feels good driving an evo again.
thanks again guys, now lets order the alky control kit! O0

atlvalet
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Please explain the AMS shortblock crap. Thanks.

Evo8urv8
07-12-2007, 11:43 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=246348&highlight=AMS+Engine+23RR+Big+Power%21

I would LOVE to have that AMS "crappy" shortblock :uglystupid2:

Alfred@TTech
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
AMS and Tuning Tech have a great relationship. They make great motors, but unfortunately Allen's motor spun a bearing shortly after tuning and he had to replace it.

As for Smogrunner's motor, he has our 2.3L in it. He bought the crank rods and pistons from AMS and we did all machining and assembly work.

Have fun Allen.

Alfred

GokuSSJ4
07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
thanks for clarifying things... wow a spun bearing with a new block... ouch!
that isnt a pretty thing.. specially how much in labor it is in order to get to it ...
i guess everything can happen! ....

4G63 FEVER
07-12-2007, 12:24 PM
^ A motor can fail at any time.Â* I think it's a bit over the top for him to say what he did about AMS but to each their own.Â* They do have a heck of a lot of fast Evos out there so out of all of those one failing isn't too bad, it just happened to be his.

FWIW I have all my tuning done by TT.

Alfred@TTech
07-12-2007, 02:13 PM
No one is perfect guys, humans put these things together. I know AMS makes quality products and engines, Allen was just unfortunate.

ap-evo83
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
^ A motor can fail at any time.Â* I think it's a bit over the top for him to say what he did about AMS but to each their own.Â* They do have a heck of a lot of fast Evos out there so out of all of those one failing isn't too bad, it just happened to be his.

FWIW I have all my tuning done by TT.

thats your opinion bro, but when you pay that much money onÂ* an engine that only lasted hours after tuning,babied it all along with no boostÂ* during the break in period,frequent oil checks and 3 oil changes you will probably have the same sentiments i have and then you will realize that it is not just an "over the top" response on my part.

peace!
as alfred said ,unfortunately it had to happen to me.
hopefully socal evo owners will learn something fro what happened to me. want a stroker? go local...

Smogrunner
07-12-2007, 03:58 PM
As Alfred has made clear, one thing we don't want to see on this thread is a general shit-talking, kiss and tell, gossip thread going negative on AMS. Anyone who has to pay for two engines would naturally be upset. He has every right to do a review in the buyers corner on EvoM or SoCalEvo, but this forum will not be the place where that happens.

One of things that separates TTech from the many other shops is that Alfred does not promote his business by degrading other shops. We promote and defend ourselves, to be sure, but not by saying AMS, Buschur, [forum-restricted], GTMotorsports, RnR, RRE, is crap, overpriced, and/or incompetent. IMO, that practice has ravaged the Evo community in the past and still does so to this day. I lived through (and participated in) the Vhshnu/Dynoflash/Robi/Buschur/Socalevo wars and though they were interesting, they brought the entire community to new lows in terms of honesty, collegiality, and good will.

It is one thing to promote or defend oneself, quite another to enact a business model that is based on flaming any competing vendor that might be taking $20 bucks or more out of your pocket.

I'm not perfect, and once in a while, after a few too many Sam Adams, I'll backslide and flame someone who deserves it. Then, the next day, I feel bad that I went there, even though the person may have had it coming.

On this one, AMS apparently didn't feel that they could stand behind their work for whatever reason. Maybe they felt that the new owner might have over-revved it or something. It really sucks, because AMS is owned and run by great guys. It is a shame in any event because the owner of this car is a nice and classy guy.

atlvalet
07-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Well, shit happens and things go boom sometimes. It's unfortunate, but TT stands behind their work and it's always nice knowing you're dealing with someone local. Good luck with the new motor...er...I mean engine :)

javinsMR
07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
enough said... update us on the numbers as soon as the car gets tuned bro. O0