PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Subwoofer inside OEM Subwoofer Enclosure

Skiracer
07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Anybody ever try replacing the OEM woofer included in the SSL Evo with an aftermarket woofer while using an aftermarket sub amp? If yes, how did it work out?

ssp
07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
This isnt worth the hassle. you are better off just simply buying a generic sub box that will work with the sub you buy....

the SSL sub box costs $X and we can guarantee a generic sub box is cheaper.

Skiracer
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
This isnt worth the hassle. you are better off just simply buying a generic sub box that will work with the sub you buy....

the SSL sub box costs $X and we can guarantee a generic sub box is cheaper.

I currently have the SSL package in my car. I know the SSL Sub enclosure is tiny and is located in a spot where plenty of trunk space can be had. Just wondering if i can utilize the existing SSL enclosure for space's sake.

ssp
07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
skiracer, if need be, we can build you a small wood enclosure and wrap it in carpet for you to work with a single 10" sub and mount it in a similar fashion to the stock SSL setup. we have done setups like this in the past.

Skiracer
07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Awesome! I planned on stopping by your shop anyways since J_Nizzle speaks highly of your work. My car won't be ready for any audio install stuff till around September, so i'll stop by your shop then.

ssp
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Awesome! I planned on stopping by your shop anyways since J_Nizzle speaks highly of your work. My car won't be ready for any audio install stuff till around September, so i'll stop by your shop then.

no problem at all. stop by anytime.

ultraflip
07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
how much would something like this cost?

Residue
07-21-2007, 11:43 AM
how much would something like this cost?

+1, interested as well

ssp
07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
cost depends on a few factors, but as for the box itself, something like a generic box ranges from $60-$100. the differences is mainly size of the sub and the box itself. some materials sound better than others.