PDA

View Full Version : Honda?

chavo_del_8
07-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Ive been looking at Hondas online for a little over month now. I think I want another one lol. I grew up on old school hondas & toyotas so Ive always had a thing for them. I was thinking, not sure (maybe Im just going through a phase) of letting my bro take over the evo payments & getting an 06 SI.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_sema/gallerys/civic_part2/images/09_skunk.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_sema/gallerys/civic_part2/images/10skunk.jpg

orrrrr...maybe I'll forget about this when I drive home this morning.Â* :laugh:

kid_evo8
07-25-2007, 06:35 AM
flat black is sick

05EvoLan8
07-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Make sure you get one with the Navi system O0

This is definately better than buying an older honda to swap in an engine and then have to worry about the cops, thieves and smog tests.

i say go for it!! :grin:

wj4
07-25-2007, 08:10 AM
I think it will be a downgrade from an Evo. My first 2 cars were Hondas, but now I've grown out of it...think it's somewhat childish and the fact that a good portion of the drivers are jerks doesn't really help either.

CRX2EVO
07-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I think you'd get bored fast

GokuSSJ4
07-25-2007, 08:20 AM
there a lot of fun, but you still have thiefs and haters to worry about.. since that thing comes equip with a K20 series motor (or anything even with the B series).
since you can swap into an older "H" car.
FWD traction sucks as well, if you ever decide to get serious in order to get some nice power out of the car (whether you go it all motor or turbo)
looks great though... and i love the color....

chavo_del_8
07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
I think im in catch 22. I agree that its an downgrade from an evo, but I really dont like bmws/porsches/acura type luxury performance cars. Im not as hardcore about performance as I used to be but it still has to have some zip you know? I dont plan on anything crazy power wise but just looking at it and test driving one made me "feel" at home I guess lol. We'll see.

GokuSSJ4
07-25-2007, 08:32 AM
good luck!
had "H" projects before, and to be honest, i dont missed them anymore... Like i mentioned, they can become a headache and IMO it isnt worth it the attention it gets from the younger crowd. I need a turbo car with traction loll... RWD at least comes into mind.. (supra, rx7, etc...) :wink:

chavo_del_8
07-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Sabes que? creo que se me va pasar lol. A lo mejor es la emocion de tener un carro nuevo. I'll give it some time. :D

(You know what? I think it'll blow over lol. Maybe its the notion of getting a new car. I'll give it some time)

^^
Thats for all you gavachos that get butt hurt when the beaners speak spanish lol. O0

CRX2EVO
07-25-2007, 08:40 AM
this is America, speak American!!!

chavo_del_8
07-25-2007, 08:41 AM
By the way..you just brought back memories of the headaches..Thanks Goku, my bro just got assed out of an Evo. :2funny:

chavo_del_8
07-25-2007, 08:42 AM
this is America, speak American!!!

No this is the internet! The internet does not belong to America. It belongs to Al Gore! lol

GokuSSJ4
07-25-2007, 08:45 AM
loll.. no todo lo que brilla es oro'' no mas acuerdate de eso :wink:

05EvoLan8
07-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Viva la Raza?! :D

I test drove one of these, and thought it was pretty decent.
its definately a good car for someone who's looking to get something less aggressive, yet still sporty enough to take to a track every once in a while. and of course, if you're okay with the lack of torque.

vortech_g35
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't like the new Si, but that paint job is F'in SICK!!

TeKiZeRo
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
If you get an Si, you should paint it like that!!! :D It would be a cool idea to have the Evo and the Si. You can trade cars with your brother when you want to step it up a bit.

EvoSwaggA
07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
a beaner in a ricer?...what has the world come to? :2funny:

i see hondas especially civics like having training wheels till ur ready for the BIG BOI TOYZ....IMO

TeKiZeRo
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
It's a great daily if you want something spiffy, reliable and good on gas.

markymark
07-25-2007, 02:02 PM
i drive my friends si all the time
it has nice features and all, but it is nowhere near as fun as an evo (which you probably already know)

plus, i see 5 SIs for every one evo around

05EvoLan8
07-25-2007, 04:12 PM
a beaner in a ricer?...what has the world come to?

Man..that is totally unheard of now-a-days!!! LOL

chavo_del_8
07-25-2007, 11:44 PM
a beaner in a ricer?...what has the world come to? :2funny:

i see hondas especially civics like having training wheels till ur ready for the BIG BOI TOYZ....IMO

I see how ppl can formulate that opinion but I have had the privilige (through friends & co-workers) of driving some bad ass cars. Supras, RX-7s, M3s, M5s, Boxsters, etc etc. IDK theres just something about a Honda lol. Maybe I should give the evo that paint job!

Nerologic
07-26-2007, 01:15 AM
good luck!
had "H" projects before, and to be honest, i dont missed them anymore... Like i mentioned, they can become a headache and IMO it isnt worth it the attention it gets from the younger crowd. I need a turbo car with traction loll... RWD at least comes into mind.. (supra, rx7, etc...) :wink:

I have built 600+whp honda's.

220+ allmotor 1.9L's.

Never got any headaches or got tired from the cars.

I "thought" I had grown out of honda's and bought the EVO, but after a while I needed to get another honda project going on (other then my allmotor daily hatch).

So I really cant see where you are coming from I guess.

I would suggest for you to getting a used RSX as a daily, its K'd out clean car and they go for pretty cheap now a days.

But if you are just in the mood of getting something new, just stick to the evo....

05EvoLan8
07-26-2007, 08:17 AM
220hp 1.9L....man, that must've been a pretty sick set up.

Of course, like most of us here, we all use to drive a Honda before we upgraded to an Evo and I felt the same way and thought I'd grow out of it and not want to deal with a Honda again....but lately, its been calling back...not sure what it is either.

But i dont think you'd be at a total loss since you said the Evo would stay in your brother's hands. Let us know what you decide.

GokuSSJ4
07-26-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't like the new Si, but that paint job is F'in SICK!!
it sure is... definitely something worth painting ....

GokuSSJ4
07-26-2007, 08:31 AM
good luck!

I have built 600+whp honda's.

220+ allmotor 1.9L's.

Never got any headaches or got tired from the cars.

I "thought" I had grown out of honda's and bought the EVO, but after a while I needed to get another honda project going on (other then my allmotor daily hatch).

So I really cant see where you are coming from I guess.

I would suggest for you to getting a used RSX as a daily, its K'd out clean car and they go for pretty cheap now a days.

But if you are just in the mood of getting something new, just stick to the evo....

after you get a car stolen which = headaches... or looking out to make sure the damn thing doesnt get stolen or broken into ... IT happens on the "H" badge more often than other cars. We can all agree to that!
getting your car scratch, busted window, etc... is one thing.. having everything taken from you that you work hard for is an entire different thing..
when you have a car stripped out of brakes, suspension, wiring, ecu. battery , seats, complete motor, headlights, bumper, CF products, strut bars, wheels and more little random things, yeah it's a headache...
The car on itself is a beautiful thing.. had all motor 2.0l (10.5krpms) 230whp on a mix of pump gas and c-12. car ran beautiful.
As far as mechanical failures, well not by far, car ran without any issues for near 3yrs... what the "H" badge = headaches is all the wrong attention it gets.. also not just from young kids, but from the cops as well (due to all the street racing, but that includes a lot of different imports)

Evo8supercar
07-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I have mine for a year and half, it's perfect for daily driver and handless as good as the EVO at the track.
Last Saturday Chris from REDLINE drove the SI he's car with R tires and He was passing few EVOS at streets. He run 1:31 bone stock, He got me exited and starting on a new project to make my SI more track friendly but still street daily driver, what's nice about the SI you wont get pulled over like on our EVOs never have to worry about COPS unless you are speeding.

Rear sway bar and a Hondata flash makes the SI very fun car, Next I'm getting BUDDY CLUB suspension.

vortech_g35
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
You can chirp the tires now when you shift.

swimmer160
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I think you're just getting into the "new car phase", now I didn't go putting that in your head with the X talk and shit now did I?

Anyways, I dunno, I'm not and have never really been a big fan of the hondas. IMO they're a stepping stone into the automotive tuner world. Granted, as a DD it'd be pretty tight...

smokinevo9
07-26-2007, 06:01 PM
HONDA = WEAK imo

SoCal
07-26-2007, 06:07 PM
You should by New Car smell Air freshner and spray it in the Evo!!!! O0

swimmer160
07-26-2007, 06:10 PM
You should by New Car smell Air freshner and spray it in the Evo!!!! O0

LOL +1!

MR420
07-26-2007, 06:24 PM
an si is great for a daily driver but dont ever get rid of your evo not even to your brother just let him borrow it here and there.

flashfoto
07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Stick with the car that gets looks and waves from fellow enthusiasts. How many Honda owners do you see waving at eachother? Besides the Evo or Subi, I think the only car enthusiasts that show this type of support are Ferrari owners etc.

I like being in that catagory. O0

+ you are looking at an obviously kick ass lookin SI and getting a bit of "new car itch". It'll pass. And unless you buy THAT SI, yours will look nothing like that.

chavo_del_8
07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I think you're just getting into the "new car phase", now I didn't go putting that in your head with the X talk and shit now did I?

Anyways, I dunno, I'm not and have never really been a big fan of the hondas. IMO they're a stepping stone into the automotive tuner world. Granted, as a DD it'd be pretty tight...

Lol probably. Maybe I'll just detail it and call it new? the leather still smells good.

swimmer160
07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Stick with the car that gets looks and waves from fellow enthusiasts. How many Honda owners do you see waving at eachother? Besides the Evo or Subi, I think the only car enthusiasts that show this type of support are Ferrari owners etc.

I DEFINITELY agree to that! I love being in a "community" that acknowledges each other just when driving by. It just feels so......right

Dirty Harry
07-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Like others have said, getting that will be a downgrade. How long have you had your Evo? I'm not sure what you've done to your car but maybe you just need to mod it to get that feeling back.

evilrs
07-27-2007, 05:40 AM
i never had a honda. I upgraded from american muscle..

05EvoLan8
07-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I don't think he would be getting rid of the Evo completely.
I say if you can have both cars, go for it!!! O0

And let's not discredit Honda cars completely. We all know they can be fun little cars. Of course they can never be on the level that Evos and Subies are, but for the class they are in, they can hold their own.

CRX2EVO
07-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I've been meaning to chime in here.Â* Like many, I had a Honda before and I loved it.Â* I still think about getting another one because they are cheap to own and easy to drive.

When I say Honda I mean older.Â* No way I would spend what they're asking for the new Si.Â* Not worth it unless you can find one that someone is getting rid of for cheap.

Nerologic
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
220hp 1.9L....man, that must've been a pretty sick set up.

nothing crazy, just a over bored GSR block with a cleaned up b16 head big cams and ITB's...

and i mean WHP not dynapack power ;)

after you get a car stolen which = headaches... or looking out to make sure the damn thing doesnt get stolen or broken into ... IT happens on the "H" badge more often than other cars. We can all agree to that!
getting your car scratch, busted window, etc... is one thing.. having everything taken from you that you work hard for is an entire different thing..
when you have a car stripped out of brakes, suspension, wiring, ecu. battery , seats, complete motor, headlights, bumper, CF products, strut bars, wheels and more little random things, yeah it's a headache...
The car on itself is a beautiful thing.. had all motor 2.0l (10.5krpms) 230whp on a mix of pump gas and c-12. car ran beautiful.
As far as mechanical failures, well not by far, car ran without any issues for near 3yrs... what the "H" badge = headaches is all the wrong attention it gets.. also not just from young kids, but from the cops as well (due to all the street racing, but that includes a lot of different imports)

well i never got, got. I always was too freaking careful with my car being paranoid of thieves and cops. Back in 00/99/98/97 circa of the Mira Mesa street races I was already Honda'd out, so Honda's have always been a part of my life....

You can chirp the tires now when you shift.

i can chirp into 2nd in my Evo, I dont know why that would be an initiative to get a honda :-P

chavo_del_8
07-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I wasnt planning on trading in or selling the evo, just letting my bro take over the payments. Today I went for a spirited drive so I was reminded of much fun it is. :D

myersap93
08-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Just came from a boosted 06 RSX-s to evo IX...I'll never go back. The evo is :idiot2: in a good way

DPK MR
08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Ive been looking at Hondas online for a little over month now. I think I want another one lol. I grew up on old school hondas & toyotas so Ive always had a thing for them. I was thinking, not sure (maybe Im just going through a phase) of letting my bro take over the evo payments & getting an 06 SI.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_sema/gallerys/civic_part2/images/09_skunk.jpg

You keep it real son. HONDA is the best. I've been having the same thoughts.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2005_sema/gallerys/civic_part2/images/10skunk.jpg

orrrrr...maybe I'll forget about this when I drive home this morning. :laugh:

nicklulu
08-23-2007, 08:11 PM
if I were you, wait for the 4 door mugen SI early nxt yr or the new 08Toyota 86

05EvoLan8
08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
if I were you, wait for the 4 door mugen SI early nxt yr or the new 08Toyota 86

the mugen Si looks sick...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was priced near the 30K mark with all the dealer mark-ups.

vortech_g35
08-24-2007, 09:03 AM
When you race, you can go "chirp chirp".

j_nizzle
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
more like spinning....shift/chirp....spinning...grab, GO!

TeKiZeRo
08-24-2007, 12:42 PM
When you race, you can go "chirp chirp".

Interesting.