PDA

View Full Version : Running Rich?

SNEAKYEVO
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I noticed when I started my car today that there was black watery spots coming out of my exhaust. I thought it might just be early morning condensation so no big deal. I get to work and back into my parking spot. There is a white wall that I back into. As my turbo timer is counting down I get out and look at the exhaust. I start to see the same black spots appearing on the white wall. Is this unburned gas? Is this a sign of running rich? I have an R/C truck and I know that it does the same thing. I'm not trying to compare an EVo to a R/C truck or anything. Just trying to make sense of it. And most of all, is this safe? Alfred tuned the car a couple of months ago and it's been running great. Just a question to see what you guys think. Thanks for reading and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charlie

Alfred@TTech
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
The water coming out of the tailpipe in the morning or when you start the car is normal especially if you live where it really cools down at night. The exhaust temps on our cars are somewhat high due to the power output and turbo so it forms a lot. How is the exhaust when cruising (clear etc...) Lastly, the muffler collects most of the water as its the last part of the exhaust system....how long is your drive to work? Any Check engine lights? Lemme know Charlie.

Alfred

SNEAKYEVO
07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
As far as I know it's clear. I drive from Redlands to Highland so I only drive 15 minutes at the most one way. I have a check engine light that came on a day after I got tuned. But I thought it was becasue I didn't have a CEL fix for the testpipe.

LiquidLife
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
^CEL is activated because of the testpipe, yes.