PDA

View Full Version : Censorship.

flashfoto
07-29-2007, 07:26 PM
This is a post in response to moderator actions taken on a couple of threads that have recently been deleted. I think we know which ones. I read both in their entirety. Not once was the vendor rule broken.

From the rules and Guidlines:
"We do not condone conducting commercial business unless you are a registered vendor. By being a registered vendor you help support the site and as a result allow yourself greater business opportunities. We take all violations seriously and will take drastic measures (such as permanent bans) if we discover such activity."

Opinion about something/someone was presented. Period. I never saw that particular "vendor" enter into any discussion or "conduct any commercial business" in any capacity anywhere on the site. Nor did the person presenting the opinion. The original poster was perfectly within reasonable limits on posting a second time wondering what happened to the first post.

We have PLENTY of threads which present opinions about certain things and/or tuners. Are we to silence all of those and make them dissappear simply because they are not "Evo" related or have to do with a certain tuner who is not a registered vendor? Maybe posting in the "Off Topic" forum would have saved that first thread?

Someone had posted in the second thread that "If the person is not a registered vendor, you cannot post about them". I'm sorry but the rules do not state that. (see above). Does anyone else smell something or is it just me?

This ladies and gentlemen is what's known as censorship. Plain and simple. The so called "vendors" (or people that have paid some fee no doubt) have an entire forum section dedicated to themeselves. Why can't we post useful information (Evo related) in other forums? If you are going to post rules and guidlines then I don't think it's too much to actually abide by them and be professional enough to leave personal feelings at the door when actual rules have NOT been broken. (mods)

Where's the rationale here? Anyone?

-Michael aka Flashfoto :mitsu:

drmosh
07-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Sorry... censorship and free speech do not apply to a private forum, we define all policies and what we can and cannot delete. Your rant while interesting is useless in a private forum. Understand that the mods and admins have the final say and what they say is final. If you don't like it, you can always go somewhere else.

We will delete threads and sometimes let threads stay for a review depending on how we view it, if it's a said "tuner" or someone who does installs, you can almost be assured the thread about them will be deleted if they are not a registered vendor simply because we cannot verify or vouch for who they are.

Also, make no mistake, there's no free advertising on this site, if said "tuner" were to tell the user to help him promote by posting a review, it will most likely be deleted if they're not a registered vendor. That's the bottom line, they are in business to make money, if they want to make money, they need to be a registered vendor. We have plenty of vendors who pay good money and who can tune cars, support them because they support the site, otherwise, expect your thread to be deleted. GG

trinydex
08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
what if said tuner wanted to become a vendor? it seems such interest was put forth...

drmosh
08-07-2007, 03:28 PM
what if said tuner wanted to become a vendor? it seems such interest was put forth...

They can contact us through any of our numerous advertising links.