PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul -- Hope for America

RumbleN
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Democrat? Republican? It shouldnt matter. Believe in the constitution of this great country.

"Many Americans have become disillusioned with our political system. Year after year, election after election we hear all the same promises: Lower taxes, balanced budget, smaller federal government, responsible foreign policy, etc. But we are always left with, higher taxes, ever increasing federal deficits, ever-expanding federal bureaucracy, a foreign policy based on deceit, and a domestic policy that continually restricts our freedom.

We, the people, know things are not right; yet we know our nation was founded on principles that allowed the United States of America to rise above all nations.

Are we the United States of America that our Constitution intended?

For many years our government has been drifting away from the unparalleled wisdom of the blueprint that created a near perfect Union.

Our Constitution has been battered, assaulted and ignored to the point of becoming a fading memory.

The answer to restoring our great nation — respected throughout the world — is to reinstate the Constitution. Our republic can be saved if our politicians return to the doctrine that created it.

There is one man who believes in our government operating solely under the purist intentions of our Founding Fathers: A man who governs according to the Constitution, even when he is the only one.

Ron Paul is the only man who can lead the way.

There is hope for America. Be a part of it."

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

j_nizzle
08-09-2007, 10:43 AM
did he pay you to do this?

chavo_del_8
08-09-2007, 10:46 AM
maybe he meant rupaul?

silvery_eagle
08-09-2007, 11:06 AM
paul walker is the one we love!

GSX2EVO
08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
"Many Americans have become disillusioned with our political system. Year after year, election after election we hear all the same promises: Lower taxes, balanced budget, smaller federal government, responsible foreign policy, etc. But we are always left with, higher taxes, ever increasing federal deficits, ever-expanding federal bureaucracy, a foreign policy based on deceit, and a domestic policy that continually restricts our freedom.

"Congressman Ron Paul is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies."

This was taken from his website... I'm sure this time around HE will be the one to come through...

The fact of the matter is that all candidates will portray themselves as saints to the voting public and attempt to address these broad topics that come up in every election. It was disapointing that the original post failed to present convincing evidence to show why he supports Ron Paul other than regurgitating his website propaganda.Â*Step it up.

Terry S
08-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Some guy up here by my work has HUGE car magnets for this Ron Paul guy. It just sounds like he's your run of the mill Libertarian. Unfortunately, one man, especially a president, cannot instigate such a massive reversal of policy by themselves. At best he's just using this vague propaganda to make a name for himself in future elections; at worse, he's a massively ignorant bastard that has no real experience working with others. (note: one can be a congressman and still not have any clue wtf is going on or what they should be doing)

Terry S

genrec
08-15-2007, 09:06 PM
He is about the only candidtate that will re-open the investigation into 911 to expose the Nazi Bush administration and Neocon agenda for what it is.

Eckolaker
08-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Some guy up here by my work has HUGE car magnets for this Ron Paul guy. It just sounds like he's your run of the mill Libertarian. Unfortunately, one man, especially a president, cannot instigate such a massive reversal of policy by themselves. At best he's just using this vague propaganda to make a name for himself in future elections; at worse, he's a massively ignorant bastard that has no real experience working with others. (note: one can be a congressman and still not have any clue wtf is going on or what they should be doing)

Terry S

Bush was able to do it, so why can't Mr. Paul?

As for Ron Paul himself...Terry you simply don't know what the fuck your talking about.

Try actually looking up Mr. Paul before making vast assumptions about him. Try looking at his flawless record as a congressman. He has won his districts elections by Lanslide numbers except for 06' when a massive smear campaign was launched against him...Funny thing he still won. Look at his voting record. He was the ONLY republican to vote against the original Iraq war authorization. He was the ONLY republican do vote against both versions of the Patriot act. Ron has already made a name for himself. He was a Doctor...Delivered over 1000 babies.

What you don't understand Terry is that Ron Paul is a true conservative. The Christian Fundamentalists have hijacked the republican party and changed what it means to be a conservative. History shows its typically democrats who started the wars, it was the democrats who increased taxes and spending, and the republican party was against all of it.

I would venture to say Ron Paul is the only one who isn't corrupt, who isn't bought and paid for, who actually speaks the truth, who actually knows What the Fuck is really going on in the world. He should be the benchmark in which all other politicians are measured by.

Don't be a moron.

SoCalRedLine
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies

sounds like a republican scammer to me... NO TAXES FOR THE RICH, ONLY THE POOR!

Yea, lets do away with minimum wage and welfare as well...screw the little people. they cant revolt, we have a huge military...

Terry S
08-16-2007, 03:46 PM
He is about the only candidtate that will re-open the investigation into 911 to expose the Nazi Bush administration and Neocon agenda for what it is.

That right there rests my case for me, but....

Bush was able to do it, so why can't Mr. Paul?

As for Ron Paul himself...Terry you simply don't know what the fuck your talking about.

Try actually looking up Mr. Paul before making vast assumptions about him. Try looking at his flawless record as a congressman. He has won his districts elections by Lanslide numbers except for 06' when a massive smear campaign was launched against him...Funny thing he still won. Look at his voting record. He was the ONLY republican to vote against the original Iraq war authorization. He was the ONLY republican do vote against both versions of the Patriot act. Ron has already made a name for himself. He was a Doctor...Delivered over 1000 babies.

What you don't understand Terry is that Ron Paul is a true conservative. The Christian Fundamentalists have hijacked the republican party and changed what it means to be a conservative. History shows its typically democrats who started the wars, it was the democrats who increased taxes and spending, and the republican party was against all of it.

I would venture to say Ron Paul is the only one who isn't corrupt, who isn't bought and paid for, who actually speaks the truth, who actually knows What the Fuck is really going on in the world. He should be the benchmark in which all other politicians are measured by.

Don't be a moron.

If you're quoting the Patriot Act as Mr. Bush's massive policy reversal, your grossly over-stating what the act does and who brought it into being. And flawless record as a congressman? How the hell do you do that? Show up to work every day? lawls.

On your suggestion, I guess i'll have to look him up more in depth.. I've seen some positions of his on a neat faq sheet I got not long ago and he's definitely not your run of the mill republican.

However, he's not getting into office in '08. It's a virtual impossibility given the status of the current political climate. It's going to be a woman or a black(ish) guy. Take your pick.

limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies

sounds like a republican scammer to me... NO TAXES FOR THE RICH, ONLY THE POOR!

Yea, lets do away with minimum wage and welfare as well...screw the little people. they cant revolt, we have a huge military...

And redline, all of the above stated policies are what the government was founded on. They all equal a sound, democratic capitalistic society. If you dont like low/fair taxes, then try heading to the Scandinavian countries. Got 70% income tax?

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
And redline, all of the above stated policies are what the government was founded on. They all equal a sound, democratic capitalistic society. If you dont like low/fair taxes, then try heading to the Scandinavian countries. Got 70% income tax?
spoken like a true business man/republican.

only people that have told me anything about Ron Paul, were all conservative Reps. That also believe in pro life, and no taxes...

no taxes = no govt

you have to have grease to keep the wheels turning...however slowly they may be turning...

Terry S
08-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Taxes do not = government.

The government sets the rules then taxes as needed to support the rules.

The problem is when you create too many worthless or frivolous rules then you have to tax the shit out of everyone to pay for your mistake. Or when you create so much worthless bureaucracy/paperwork that most of the money gets lost in transit.

Terry S

G20
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
i see this thread going to be long (political always like that). But today, most government persons that not corrupt have been shot dead, murder or portrayed to become public enemy already. For this Mr. Paul has to work real hard or lucky enough to prove that he's the real good guy.

RumbleN
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow I should have checked back on this thread HAHA! Yeah I just posted some good stuff off his website. Unfortunately most people do not know who Ron Paul is so I was just trying to get some exposure out there.

And Mr. Paul is certainly not a libertarian.

Plain and simple he is the only candidate that is a not a pawn of capitalism. I'd love to really get into it, but I really think its pointless.

The only solution to end the dire state of affairs in this country and the indifference of a dumbed down and brain-washed population is an extended violent conflict to re-instate the ideals and morals put forth by our founding fathers in the constitution.

http://www.infowars.com

Terry S
08-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Plain and simple he is the only candidate that is a not a pawn of capitalism.

That statement = fail.

Capitalism is one of the best things humanity has ever come up with. Evar evar.

Terry S

Eckolaker
08-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Unregulated Capitalism is what we currently have...no completely unregulated, but certainly very little.

Taxes = Big Government.

If you think we have a fair tax system, you must be rich. Because the people who make the least amount of money pay the most in taxes.

Trickle down economics will never work, because Rich people don't spend money in sectors that boost the economy.

Now you factor in that our economy is based solely on debt. That is a monster that can only grow by dumping more money down its mouth, its a monster that cannot stagnate or it will die (Collapse). We have a Private Central bank who not only can create money out of thin air, but then loans that money out at interest. The central banks and corporations are the true owners of America. Your mortgage does not make you a home owner...Your house is not an ATM. Your car payment does not mean you own a car. Equity is not profit, nor money until you sell your home and pay back the debt.

Less then 2% of Americans own their home...Less the 2% of Americans live debt free, or financially liquid. Liquidity is a term to make you think you have money, when in reality, when the economy collapses ( and it will) you are just as fucked as the rest of us.

Get your Amero' now...Only two more years before Canada, Mexico, and the US are on nation.

RumbleN
08-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Plain and simple he is the only candidate that is a not a pawn of capitalism.

That statement = fail.

Capitalism is one of the best things humanity has ever come up with. Evar evar.

Terry S

How does that statement fail? Is Ron Paul a pawn of corporate america? What I think you assumed was that I was implying that capitalism is bad. Far from it. Being a pawn of any social structure or idea is bad. That was what I was trying to get across. Personally I believe in the idea of capitalism, and thats its benefits far outweigh its shortcomings.

A politician should not be swayed by corporate america.

RumbleN
08-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Unregulated Capitalism is what we currently have...no completely unregulated, but certainly very little.

Taxes = Big Government.

If you think we have a fair tax system, you must be rich. Because the people who make the least amount of money pay the most in taxes.

Trickle down economics will never work, because Rich people don't spend money in sectors that boost the economy.

Now you factor in that our economy is based solely on debt. That is a monster that can only grow by dumping more money down its mouth, its a monster that cannot stagnate or it will die (Collapse). We have a Private Central bank who not only can create money out of thin air, but then loans that money out at interest. The central banks and corporations are the true owners of America. Your mortgage does not make you a home owner...Your house is not an ATM. Your car payment does not mean you own a car. Equity is not profit, nor money until you sell your home and pay back the debt.

Less then 2% of Americans own their home...Less the 2% of Americans live debt free, or financially liquid. Liquidity is a term to make you think you have money, when in reality, when the economy collapses ( and it will) you are just as fucked as the rest of us.

Get your Amero' now...Only two more years before Canada, Mexico, and the US are on nation.

+1 This system is failing. Why do you think that mainstream US media hasnt covered the fact that the UN has issued statements warning of the imminent collapse of the US economy?!?!? Because it is what the global elite wants.

Fight the North American Union. It will be the end of our already limited freedom. Red Dawn here we come. Im ready. Are you?

Terry S
08-21-2007, 08:48 AM
I love you guys. You're the only reason keeping me here sometimes.

I'll be back soon. Gotta go fix a broken water main (again) on the jobsite.

Terry S

gen4k20a2
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
The UN says alot of shit...no one listens to them because they are wrong 80% of the time. Not sure if you knew but the US economy holds the rest of the world up. So if was going to fail...well there goes the world. Nukes anyone?

Eckolaker
10-09-2007, 11:14 AM
The UN says alot of shit...no one listens to them because they are wrong 80% of the time. Not sure if you knew but the US economy holds the rest of the world up. So if was going to fail...well there goes the world. Nukes anyone?

That statement doesn't hold much water these days. Considering the dollar now has been devalued so much, everyone is going to begin moving there futures away from the dollar. Many have already done do.

Remember when GW took office? $.87cents bought you $1Euro, now that number is $1.41 = $1 Euro. That happened in less then 8 years.

GG Federal Reserve.

gen4k20a2
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Teh value of the dollar doesnt mean that our economy doesnt run everyone elses. Everyone is invested in OUR market. If something bad happens to us...everyone hurts. Most of the money in the world is held up in our market....and thats a fact jack...now dont talk smack...quack quack

Eckolaker
10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Actually, other countries, while currently invested, are beginning to move the future markets away from the Dollar. So no, the rest of the world is not completely invested in our market.

gen4k20a2
10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
they wouldnt be able to build their market if it wasnt for us. How do you think they are getting the capital to build ?

Terry S
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
The euro was brand new when GW took office. Of course it was devalued when compared to our currency. It cant instantly be worth more than the US dollar right off the bat. It needed some time to earn legitimacy.

And it only took 8 months for the new hard currency to gain legitimacy.

Couple that with the extreme distrust in the US after 9/11 (same time frame) and with the ongoing blackballing of the US society (thanks ecko & co.) and you have a recipe for higher inflation.

So all the problems you complain about are caused by you. lolz

Terry S

Eckolaker
11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
The euro was brand new when GW took office. Of course it was devalued when compared to our currency. It cant instantly be worth more than the US dollar right off the bat. It needed some time to earn legitimacy.

And it only took 8 months for the new hard currency to gain legitimacy.

Couple that with the extreme distrust in the US after 9/11 (same time frame) and with the ongoing blackballing of the US society (thanks ecko & co.) and you have a recipe for higher inflation.

So all the problems you complain about are caused by you. lolz

Terry S

Okay, now you are just talking out of your ass. People not liking the US is because of our Foreign policy, not because people like me speak the truth. While people like you are completely fucking brainwashed into thinking Wars are good for business and good for the country we are invading.

I have listened to your Bullshit for long enough Terry. You sir, are a fucking idiot. It's people like you who give this country a bad name.

Although, you know what? I don't blame you. You have been raised in a society controlled by the corporations. You believe their insane pundits on the TV, you believe their propaganda, and worst of all you buy into all of it.

Our Dollar is shit because we have a Private banking Cartel who manipulates the money supply for its own sick and twisted purpose.

Our dollar devalues every time they introduce more of them into the system. Its high school economics. You cannot argue that since 2001 they have increased the money supply by nearly 500%. That is fucking fact.

Worst of all, I fear there is no help for you Terry. You are so lost in your own reality, you can't accept the facts as they are laid out. You deny, dismiss, and skirt around them. I suspect because you are afraid to face them. You don't want to learn that everything you try and sound so educated about is all propaganda and mis-information.

How dare you say it is I who have given this country a bad name. How dare you.

Eckolaker
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
back on Topic

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/11/05/448871.aspx

Ron Paul $2.4million in donations and counting. That amount is from Nov. 5th 12:00am EST to Nov. 5th 5:00pm EST.

Mitt Romney's record is about to be blown apart.

It's time for the "Liberal Media" to start recognizing Ron Paul as a serious contender.

termite_one
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
i heart this thread. Does everyone know about Ron Paul yet?

SpdyEvo02
11-13-2007, 02:35 AM
who is ron pual? never heard of him but saw a banner with his name on it on the road back from vegas

Terry S
11-13-2007, 04:08 PM
He's still down in the single digit area in the polls. As much as I hate polls, its pretty obvious he stands no chance in this election.

And once again Ecko, you just point blame at the government and the corporations, then call me blind and claim only you know the truth. You can just shorten up your responses by stating: (insert standard response here).

I'm never blind to the truth. Sometimes i'm ignorant of it because of choice though. Most of the time, its just not necessary to try to know all the details and make irrelevant connect-the-dots conspiracies.

So you know all these awesome conspiracies that prove stuff is bad and things I dont know about are going on.... What practical solutions do you have? Are they really problems? So what if a dozen "corporations" get together with the government and lead the people to do something. Why is that a problem? If you want to take the leaders of the business and political world down, what do you propose to replace them with?

I've been waiting for years to hear your solutions to what you perceive as problems. I'm all ears.

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
just one question...

why is it all my (born again, and hyper) christian friends are telling me about Ron Paul?

is he some kind of religious zealot?
is he campaigning mainly by word of mouth through church?

...what is the link there...

Terry S
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
just one question...

why is it all my (born again, and hyper) christian friends are telling me about Ron Paul?

is he some kind of religious zealot?
is he campaigning mainly by word of mouth through church?

...what is the link there...

It seems that his campaign promises have drawn all the crazies to his camp. Hence why your crazy christian friends are on board.

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
^interesting... its kinda somthing i noticed, friends that havent even met each other... both equally wierd religious people... both adament about Ron Paul...

...i could really care less... we all know, regardless of party, whoever is in office is just a slave to his campaign contributers...

Terry S
11-15-2007, 04:22 PM
...i could really care less... we all know, regardless of party, whoever is in office is just a figurehead and really has no sway in the decisions... He's just a president, not a CEO.

Fixed.

Terry S

Boosted
11-16-2007, 07:03 PM
i hope he wins just to piss off everyone(democrats/republicans mr clinton and obama bin laden) and its not like we can be in any worse of a political position than we are already in

Ron Paul 08 FTW!

genrec
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I was liking the guy (even though I never thought he had a chance), but thought he had some good ideas and beliefs about our system, but I have totally dismissed him since I came across some links to white supremist/neo nazi sites that love the guy and rally behind him, thats definately not the kind of people I want to be associated with in a candidate I vote for.

Boosted
11-16-2007, 09:06 PM
I was liking the guy (even though I never thought he had a chance), but thought he had some good ideas and beliefs about our system, but I have totally dismissed him since I came across some links to white supremist/neo nazi sites that love the guy and rally behind him, thats definately not the kind of people I want to be associated with in a candidate I vote for.

So you think that simply because he is supported by a group you dislike (not that I like them either)that will change your opinion about him enough to sway your vote? Do you think that him being supported by them decreases his ability to be president?

genrec
11-17-2007, 08:50 PM

So you think that simply because he is supported by a group you dislike (not that I like them either)that will change your opinion about him enough to sway your vote? Do you think that him being supported by them decreases his ability to be president?

Just like I stated, IÂ*don't think he has a chance, I was merely liking some issues he was talking about, not to say that he can't do the job, I just have not been linked from any other political sites, candidates sites, etc, to any hate mongering association sites, just a little odd to me.

VladEVO
12-31-2007, 01:25 PM
they wouldnt be able to build their market if it wasnt for us. How do you think they are getting the capital to build ?

They can sell oil to China who is growing at an enormous rate.

CICreations
01-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok, so who's screen name belongs to Sam from Tuning Technologies? I was there the other day and he asked me what I thought about Ron Paul. When I said I really didn't like him Alfred started laughing and I thought Sam was going to assault me LMAO. He's passionate about this guy. I watched the YouTube debates and I really wasn't impressed with the guy. I got the impression from the 30 seconds that they let him actually talk that he wants to take American forces out of all other countries and bring everybody "back home" and stop worrying about dumping American money into rebuilding other countries. I agree with that to a point. But I don't think that we can just bring all our forces back home, put up a 50' wall around the county and give the middle finger to the rest of the world. We will always have to be involved in other matters of the world.

wayne
02-22-2008, 03:08 AM
I like some of his points, but he reminds me of Ross Perot somehow and things seem pretty much over now anyway.