PDA

View Full Version : pet license

boostin_terrier
08-19-2007, 03:43 AM
they need to make people get a license before they try to get a pet......people are either uneducated(when they should be), dont care or dont believe pets deserve medical attention.

i saw a 25 lb pomeranian die from not being able to breathe essentially because he was too fat, the owner refused all of the doctors recommendations of feeding it a reduced calorie diet, no treats and walking him......something so simple and she didnt listen because it was "just a dog".....and now he is in doggy heaven free from his stupid owners.

i saw a dog get euthanized 1 week after being diagnosed with bone cancer....it spread to his hip from his leg so it was too late to amputate the dogs leg.......i guess the owner should have brought his dog in 3 months prior when it first started having lameness issues instead of the owner being the cheap bastard that he is, maybe the dog would have still been euthed....and maybe we could have amputated his leg and he would still be here today at a whopping 5 years of age.

we had to literally anesthetise a dog just to shave the fur off its chest because her skin was so badly inflamed from her allergy to flea bites, we medicated 45% of her body with topical ointment that was scratched and chewed raw because the last time we saw the owner she didnt want to pay for an elizabethan collar or frontline for the previous visit for a hotspot....so after being attacked by all the fleas at home(which we kindly recommended they fogged thier home and sprayed thier yard and they did not) her skin became so inflamed and irritated she scratched her whole upper torso into one giant hot spot. Hearing her cry and scream when waking up from anesthesia before the nurse was able to give an analgesic injection was the most horrible thing i have ever had to hear.

A man brought his kitten in....she was spayed, he didnt want to pay for an e-collar, he thought it was a ridiculous idea and thought we were trying to make more money, he left the kitten at home all by herself the first night she was home....she had ripped every suture out of her abdomen and he waited 3 days to call in about it......by the time he brougth her in the incision was infected and smelled extrememly foul, the surgery to repair her incision cost 2 times more than it did for both her brother to be neutered and for her spay surgery........and still he complained about the price of the e-collar.

a college girl thought it would be cool to get a new kitten she picked up from the penny saver, the kitten turned out to have an eye problem that required a very expensive medication that needs to be steriley compunded as MAINTENENCE or she had to see an ophthomologist where she would likely need surgery......she decided after taking the cat that its not a good idea to have a pet while in school, so she dumped him at the animal shelter(i know this because i called her to advise her RX had been phoned into the pharmacy, she told me where her kittys new homes is, a metal cage where it is probably beign infected with upper respitiry infection which doest matter anyway because due to its eye problem no one will want it and it will meet its death with the lethal injection being the only thing ever giving any kind of warmth). another one bites the dust.

Shortee
08-19-2007, 11:34 AM
that is so horrible! i know there are other worse stories out there too

dmoney and i just got a new puppy and before we got him we research the hell out of the breed. like what could happen, what should we do, how to take care of him. etc etc we understood what it means to buy a pet--no no family member and we are financially able to keep him. i don't understand those impulse buyers that think a puppy is cute and bring him or her home and then realize it was a horrible mistake. and the puppy either gets neglect or giving to a shelter. or worse like your stories.

gosh i would hate to know what would happen if their kids or other members of the family members had a health problem. i wonder if they would be shove to the side as well.

EVOMANIAC
08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh yeah, we complain about too many laws already and you are suggesting they add another law to the books. I have to get a license before I buy a pet? Lets get real now. The Gov already controls too much of what we can do. There are more laws telling us what we can't do than telling us what we can do.

I do find it horrible that people don't take responsibility for their pets. They should be taken out and beaten. TX has it right. You can spank your kids, but if you hit your dog you go to jail.

boostin_terrier
08-19-2007, 04:04 PM
well easy for you to say you dont work at animal hospital!......these arent rare cases im talking about these are just the ones in the last month that were worth bringing up, i can give you stories for days man! its sick!

EVOMANIAC
08-19-2007, 06:26 PM
I've seen far more than animals that have been mistreated. I am not saying it is OK for people to treat animals wrong.

Suggesting that we pass a law to register to buy a pet. Whats next you have to register before you can have children? You already have to register to get married. Once your child is born you have to register your child. You have to register your car. All these things you have to register are fundamentally un-Constitutional. We have allowed our Representatives to pass these laws instead of standing up and voicing our opinions. Laws such as these already in place and one like you suggest are what are taking this country one step closer each day to Communism. We dont need to impose more laws and regulations we need to enforce the ones we have already inplace.

boostin_terrier
08-19-2007, 09:50 PM
laws dont do anything for any of the situations i just named off