PDA

View Full Version : Puente Hills Mitsubishi experience...

nextasex
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I took my car into PH Mitsu and dealt with Michelle. She's a really cool chick. I took it in because the wing clearcoat was fading and starting to look like sh%@! She said that it was covered under the warranty and she'll have the wing removed and sent out to their body shop for reshoot. Well, they took off the wing right away and sent it out right away. Then she introduced me to their Evo only tech, Bill. He was a cool dude. Answered all my questions and didn't rush to get me out of there. Basically my experience so far has been great. Figured I would share this with the 626 crowd just incase you were interested. When I go back to have them reinstall the wing I will let you guys know my overall experience with them. So far they get an A+.

Frank ;)

jayvolution
08-20-2007, 05:24 PM
wow a positive comment on puente hills mitsu...

did they ask you to give them a shout out? haha cause when i bought my car there they asked me to give them the JD and Power survey instead of filling it out myself... that way they could give themselves high scores. in exchange for that they offered me a free detail... lol. i considered doing it but when i got my car back after they washed it, it had swirls and holograms everywhere... oh and the buying experience was horrible.

nextasex
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I just did a search here for PH Mitsu. Damn, there sure are a lot of people that dislike the service/sales experience there. Maybe they heard that the Evo crowd was unhappy with them so they're probably cleaning up their act. I've had a lot of bad service experiences with my prior and current vehicles. I was pretty impressed with the attention they were giving me. And no, they did not ask me to do anything.

Take care,
Frank ;)

darkevo
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
give them the JD Power survey?!!Â* scandalous!

nextasex
08-20-2007, 06:30 PM
give them the JD Power survey?!! scandalous!

NOT! That's bullshit. What's the point of the survey if the dealer wants to do it. I don't think so...It's like doing your own report card at school. You wish...and I don't think a car detail will convince anybody in the right mind. At least I hope not!

Frank

awdlancer
08-20-2007, 11:59 PM
my car came from puente mitsubishi O0

1BAD4DR
08-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Just got my girls GTS from them...Worked them hard great couple of guys..Transaction came out good!!

jayvolution
08-21-2007, 08:07 AM
they must be under new ownership or have new employees... all my experiences with them have been bad.

i purchased my evo at night and so it was kinda dirty and they said to bring it in the next day for a wash. so yeah the next day i do that and i already mentioned how after washing it the car had swirls everywhere and holograms! so i was waiting for them to pull my car out and to my horror the a$$hole driving the car pulled out of the shop really fast and started revving it really high. i was standing there with the serivce manager and he was staring at the drive shaking his head. the guy comes out saying "whooaa that car is bad ass man" the service manager motions to him that i am the owner and that guys face goes white and apologizes and says he has big feet and so he couldnt get off the gas... wtf!?!? so i cussed him out and took off. i called later in the day to complain to the service manager. he offered me another free wash but fuck that they already put enough swirls in my car...

i went back there a few months later to get pricing on some parts since i was rear ended on the fwy. it took the guy at parts almost 30mins jsut to get me pricing on the stock rear bumper, front bumper, and hood. its not like he was doing anything else. i was standing there watching him... oh and he wrote the prices on a scrap peice of paper that was hardly legible... yeah thats very professional...

nextasex
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
they must be under new ownership or have new employees... all my experiences with them have been bad.

i purchased my evo at night and so it was kinda dirty and they said to bring it in the next day for a wash. so yeah the next day i do that and i already mentioned how after washing it the car had swirls everywhere and holograms! so i was waiting for them to pull my car out and to my horror the a$$hole driving the car pulled out of the shop really fast and started revving it really high. i was standing there with the serivce manager and he was staring at the drive shaking his head. the guy comes out saying "whooaa that car is bad ass man" the service manager motions to him that i am the owner and that guys face goes white and apologizes and says he has big feet and so he couldnt get off the gas... wtf!?!? so i cussed him out and took off. i called later in the day to complain to the service manager. he offered me another free wash but fuck that they already put enough swirls in my car...

i went back there a few months later to get pricing on some parts since i was rear ended on the fwy. it took the guy at parts almost 30mins jsut to get me pricing on the stock rear bumper, front bumper, and hood. its not like he was doing anything else. i was standing there watching him... oh and he wrote the prices on a scrap peice of paper that was hardly legible... yeah thats very professional...

Damn dude, that sucks! I would've made them detail the car before I picked it up. Or made them pay for a professional car detailer to make it right. I can't stand bad service. I took my motorhome into the dealer a couple months back. It went in with one problem and came out with 3!! They put the wrong color window shade, put some nice size gouges in my right rear outer wheel, and didn't even replace the fog lamp like I asked them to. WTF!! You figure you spend bank on something nice, they would treat you right. Good luck with service bro,,

Frank

jayvolution
08-21-2007, 01:11 PM
damn that sucks too!

ever since then i've pretty much done most of all the servicing for my Evo with the help of some 626ers as well.

chuckdashi
08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah i dont like PH Mitsu... had a bad exp when i was shopping for an evo... never thought id hear "i think the price of the car is to much for you" from a sales man just because i was wearing flipflops and shorts... he dint even known my financial situation or anything...

ended up buying the evo 2 days later at another dealership...

Terenus
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah i dont like PH Mitsu... had a bad exp when i was shopping for an evo... never thought id hear "i think the price of the car is to much for you" from a sales man just because i was wearing flipflops and shorts... he dint even known my financial situation or anything...

ended up buying the evo 2 days later at another dealership...

Yea, that was probably one of the dumbest things a salesman can say just based on a person's appearance.

Sly Evo
08-21-2007, 02:22 PM
which probably explains why he's not working for bmw or lexus lol

imagine someone coming to the mercedes dealership with a wifebeater, "sorry sir, i think you've mistaken our dealership for kia" lol

BoostinEvil9
08-21-2007, 02:41 PM
wow a good note from Puente Hills.

SoCalRedLine
08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
so, i saw this up here and randomly thought...anyone know David that works at PH Mitsu? I guess he used to work at Anaheim Mitsu as well.

He's in my office right now. Buying insurance. Anyone have anything to say to him :D...

shaneyogo
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I have had a couple of good experiences with just ordering parts from there... Same day Delivery on orders and I got a call letting me know that they have arrived in just hours O0

It all just really depends how you approach the associate at any dealership... If you walk in with something to prove or try to up one them on all knowledge they will treat you like SWINE!

gsrIXevo
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
hahahha PH ......lol

all i can think about was the manager of that place calling me a liar when i told him about the deal i had with HB on the table.... but yet they still chased me down when i walked out with all the paperwork "in hand"...... i still need to drive by there and show that chubby fellow it wasnt a dream....LOL

nextasex
08-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Speaking of flip flops and wifebeaters, just goes to show how the public will judge by the way you look. You never know who you're dealing with. I was once at a job and thought I was dealing with the damn janitor or custodian. He ended up being the President of a multi-million dollar aggregate transportation company! I always treat people with the utmost respect, and thank God I was treating him like a normal person and not like crap like most people would do or that would be rather embarassing. This thread kinda got off topic, but it's all for the good.

Frank ;) Is there any meets going on tonight?

gsrIXevo
08-21-2007, 04:19 PM
hey that was a great way to get off topic to clean up your own thread....(i'm not making fun of you... that was pimp...) but as we all know.. service is the name of the game.... some ppl will forever hate you after one bad service call... others allow you to make up for it.... PH in my eyes treat most ppl like whatever they want until they pull your credit report...... lol

nextasex
08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
hey that was a great way to get off topic to clean up your own thread....(i'm not making fun of you... that was pimp...) but as we all know.. service is the name of the game.... some ppl will forever hate you after one bad service call... others allow you to make up for it.... PH in my eyes treat most ppl like whatever they want until they pull your credit report...... lol

If your message is related to me, thanks, although I don't fully understand what you mean by cleaning up my thread :D. But I do appreciate the Pimp statement, you know it ain't easy bro...

Take Care,
Frank

babieeddie
08-21-2007, 05:25 PM
MY BABY CAME FROM PUENTE HJILL [:

chuckdashi
08-22-2007, 08:50 AM
we feel your pain

jayvolution
08-22-2007, 09:48 AM
we feel your pain

lol...

EVOL EDO
08-22-2007, 10:00 AM
my first evo came from PH, cant say it was the most enjoyable purchase experience.

as for my service experience there?Â*other than charging 70 dollars for change. their only evo tech bill is a cool guy but everyone else there is a retard. Â*however i did get my 4th and 5th gear syncros done under warrenty, which took them a week to do, but they stripped and bent my downpipe bolt and gave me hassle on replacing it saying they had to look it over and prove they were the ones that messed it up, they replaced it but still a pain in the ass to deal with and had to lose my evo for another day. Â*they also took notes stating i had what appeared to be redline fluid in the transmission, i did but what does that have to do with anything. when i took it in the last time i overheard the service manager telling their service writers not to accept anymore modified evos for warrenty work. and apprently my clutch went bad in 2 weeks, one of their techs was burning my clutch and driving my car like shit and then goes oh your clutch is bad you need a new clutch. Â*no one else had a problem with it. not me, the service writer, or the evo tech when he was hitting 80 on the streets to test my grinding 5th gear all 3000 miles after my clutch was supposedly bad. oh wells ive long since traded that evo and havnt been back.

jayvolution
08-22-2007, 10:55 AM
damn... yeah thats why i will never bring my evo there for any type of service.

babieeddie
08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
hhaa, havent experienced any problems, but from what i read...ill kep you guys posted

ghost_evo
08-22-2007, 11:10 AM
they use to have an evo tech there named duane. he was a really cool dude and he knew what the hell he was doing(he drove a dsm). i bought my car from there without any hassle but this was back in 03. when duane left so did my service. they use to be a decent dealership ... oh wellz

nextasex
08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Just an update, some guy Jose called me today saying that my wing is back from clearcoating. He seemed to be pretty cool. I told him I would be there in the morning to get it installed and I'll be waiting. He said no problem, and that it would only take a few minutes. I wanted to go in today, but he said Bill (evo tech) wasn't there and no body else touches the evo's there.

Frank ;)

Evolved524
08-23-2007, 11:23 PM
the service manager loves me..

If i pay ridculous prices for oil changes, he lets me keep my basic mods under warranty.

ev0ninerr
08-23-2007, 11:37 PM
lol, man, i will never go there. thanks for all the info guys. i'll stick with lb mitsu. i get free carwashes any time i drop by. :)

htsai14752
08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
The price they quoted me was waayyy too much back in March 03. I believe they were asking for the most in the 626 area. Not exactly sure how much but around the ballpark of about 10k-12k over sticker. I got a good deal at Alhambra but that dealer went out of business several months after. HAHA

nextasex
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
BTW, the wing is all done and installed. They did a great job. Looks brand new again.

Frank

caLi4G63
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I need to take my EVO in for the same thing; the clear coat is starting to crack and look all nasty.Â* This Michelle you talk about, is she a service writer? I think i'll be looking for her when I go in.

On a side note, in the past their service has sucked for me as well.Â* When my 6th gear became hard to get into I took the car in so they could look at it.Â* In the end, I ended up argueing with the service manager, that dumb jerk didn't know what he was talking about, he said my 6th gear was shot and that my 1st wasn't looking good, thousands of miles later and after I adjusted my shift linkage, my car drives smooth and has no problems in any gears.

nextasex
09-05-2007, 11:25 PM
caLi4G63, yes Michelle is the Service Writer.

caLi4G63
09-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks Frank, if anything I'll use you as a reference!

nextasex
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
No problem.

Frank ;)

caLi4G63
10-18-2007, 08:58 AM
UPDATE!

I took my EVO in yesterday to Puente Hills Mitsubishi and I did get my wing covered under warranty. As soon as I pulled up to the Service department the service writter offered to get my wing fixed. I was quite suprised that I wasn't going to have a hard time getting them to warranty the clear coat issue on my wing. Is PHM under new management?

Thanks Frank for posting this thread up; I would of probably ended up paying out of my pocket to get the issue on my wing fixed since I didn't think PHM would warranty the wing.

nextasex
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Cool man, glad you were taken care of.

Frank

jasonsevoixmr
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
wow a positive comment on puente hills mitsu...

did they ask you to give them a shout out? haha cause when i bought my car there they asked me to give them the JD and Power survey instead of filling it out myself... that way they could give themselves high scores. in exchange for that they offered me a free detail... lol. i considered doing it but when i got my car back after they washed it, it had swirls and holograms everywhere... oh and the buying experience was horrible.
I also got my evo from P/Hills. and they to ask me about giving them the JD Powers report ,for a car wash.

nextasex
10-29-2007, 01:14 PM
If you feel you got good service, then go for it. Give credit to where it's due. When I receive bad service, I will give the dealer a chance to make it right, if not, then all hell breaks loose!! If someone does you right, recognize them for it.

Frank

JMO.......

Takumi587
11-19-2007, 02:39 AM
I thought id chime in here. I went to the Puente Hills EVO dealer about a 2 years or 3 years ago not sure. But decided to check out the EVO. First of all they approach you right away(since no one hardly goes there) and ask what your looking for(typical). I tell him i wanted to see the EVO MR. He tells me oh come inside we have a an EVO inside that is not an MR but pretty much the same thing. Well I go inside sit inside the EVO ask questions and what not. This is what ticked me off. I sit in there and the guy told me to try the clutch and move the gears. I told him no its alright. And then he says in a weird way "just push the f-ing pedal." I figured alright i better not lose my temper and just step out and leave. So i told him i just wanted to see the car in person and im ready to head out. Sadly before this i provided my contact information. So for about 6 months straight i received messages every week asking me to come by and look at the EVO and "oh we got a new one in stock i want you to come by and look at it." I got tired of it and answered the phone and told him I already got a car and i didn't buy it from you. Also my buddy took his EVO there for service a bunch of times and got a wash and came out once with a scratch on his bumper(dealership told him it was already there). Sorry if this sounded like a rant but i just had to say it.

nextasex
11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
That's a pretty crappy experience Takumi. Unfortunatly that chit happens EVERYWHERE, well except Southcoast, only because of Peter. O0
I have been in about every kind of motorsport type recreational activity, from street cars, offroad, marine, cycle, and many other things, and let me tell you, I am fed up with crappy service out there. I don't even take some of my stuff in for free warranty work, rather I opt to pay for the repairs at reputable shops, or do it myself.

Boy do I miss my evo....

Take Care.

Henry
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
So which dealers, PH or not, do you guys recommend for a new Evo 9 owner?

Thanks in advance.

sgvevo9mr
02-06-2008, 10:59 PM
go to southcoast mitsubishi they have great service, i think everybody on here goes there.

OxSNAPxLC?
02-07-2008, 03:04 AM
i've been thinking about picking up an evo around april-may ish how far of a drive is SC mitsu from San Gabriel?

GeorgeFA
02-07-2008, 04:09 AM
which probably explains why he's not working for bmw or lexus lol

imagine someone coming to the mercedes dealership with a wifebeater, "sorry sir, i think you've mistaken our dealership for kia" lol

ROFL!

GeorgeFA
02-07-2008, 04:25 AM
go to southcoast mitsubishi they have great service, i think everybody on here goes there.

Yeah go there... BEST dealer service you will get from Mitsubishi! O0
There not like Norco or other weak sauce dealerships. :tickedoff:

GeorgeFA
02-07-2008, 04:27 AM
i've been thinking about picking up an evo around april-may ish how far of a drive is SC mitsu from San Gabriel?

About 40 miles, depending where you live in San Gabriel.

Henry
02-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I was looking at a WW one at SC when I was shopping (this was 1/1/08) but ended up buying a GG with a lower mileage from Anaheim Mitsubishi. The Internet sales was nice, but everyone else felt really sleazy and I ended up feeling like I was ripped off, anyway. I called another credit union to refi the car the next day just so they cannot make all that money off me. They offered horrible rate even when I have a 722 credit score.