PDA

View Full Version : Look at this!

c_sautter
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Check this out. Not that I do this kind of stuff ;)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070825-9999-1m25dragnet.html

EVOMANIAC
08-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Yup SDPD is hurting really bad right now because they dont pay their officers shit. "World's Finest City" isnt doing fine now. @ city officials just resigned over that Sun Road Auto building.

JWadEvo
08-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice read..

flashfoto
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
"Over the past two years, San Diego police officials say only one death was linked to drag racing."

- Could it be said that these types of "gatherings" breed violence by bringing out bad seeds that have to ruin it for everyone else which is really what leads to some of these deaths? This could be said about any type of (illegal) gathering by the way.

"The Drag Net unit of a half-dozen officers was financed by a grant by the state Office of Traffic Safety. The grant expired in April, and police do not have funds to keep it going."

- Again, they probably could better appropriate money for something other than street racing which is usually done in an area of no "traffic" whatsoever.

"Assistant Police Chief Joel Bryden said concerns remain over the spontaneous races that continue on city streets and freeways.
“These are usually the result of some road-rage incident,” Bryden said."

- Are you kidding me? When I pull up next to a hundred thousand dollar car, they are usually the ones who hit the gas for fun. I guarantee "Road rage" never entered either of our minds. (I don't condone breaking any laws kids)

I understand and approve of these types of units in order to try to stop theft and stolen property, drug use and other problems that go along with these types of gatherings. It's just funny that such an emphasis is placed on the "street racing" aspect.

c_sautter
08-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, all thanks to that dumbass Fast and the Furious. I don't know anyone who lives a lifestyle like that.

nicklulu
08-29-2007, 06:57 PM
............. .......... ....... i live my live a quarter at a time.......... sometimes a dollar...... :twisted:

91_gsx
09-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Good read. I'll admit i was glad they came up with drag net... my close friend was a passenger in a street race held around sorrento valley years ago back in 2002 right before we graduated from high school. it was hard imagine something like that happening again to friends i knew that were constantly going to the races

c_sautter
09-03-2007, 11:33 PM
My brother in law saw a crash last year or the year before on the 94, two cars were racing westbound I believe and one crashed and the guy driving died. Its not worth it. People always try to get me when my family is in the car. I'm glad they came up with it too, I just hate the profiling. How else are they supposed to do their job though? Would you pull over some POS car for street racing, or a car that actually looks like it does?