PDA

View Full Version : tuning the boost controller

evokid_23
08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
i have the greedy spec-II boost controller but i dont know whats the right percentage for the stock turbo?

Jenn@ttech
08-31-2007, 08:15 AM
There is no "catch all" settings for the stock turbo. You will have to set it up for your particular car's needs.

evokid_23
09-04-2007, 08:32 AM
thanks for the info..

veilsidefd3s87
11-19-2007, 12:57 AM
i have the greedy spec-II boost controller but i dont know whats the right percentage for the stock turbo?

best bet. also the easiest in the world is get yourself a manual boot controller and ditch the electronic.

Alfred@TTech
11-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Here is the link to Greddy's tech support page. Go down about 1/4 of the page and you will see Greddy Profec SpecII Part 1. Download that pdf and follow the setup instructions.

http://greddy.com/tech/

The set is what adjusts the boost level. While the others control spiking and boost response. If you still have trouble let me know and Ill do my best to help.

Alfred

MJCT9A
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM

best bet. also the easiest in the world is get yourself a manual boot controller and ditch the electronic.

and you base this on what? I have yet to see an MBC that holds boost better than an EBC.

hhhmmmm....where have i heard that before........ :buck2:

atlvalet
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM

and you base this on what? I have yet to see an MBC that holds boost better than an EBC.

Well, considering none of the Gray tuned cars have switched to ECUboost, I really don't think you can substantiate your beliefs. Bryan, however, has supplied many graphs of ECUboost holding boost better than an MBC, especially in the midrange.

But we all know that things don't exist unless the right people on SoCalEvo believe in them.

And o yeah, WOT just got his AEM to hold boost better with the stock boost solenoid than with an MBC on his Green. But he doesn't know what he's doing either, right?

SpdyEvo02
11-20-2007, 04:44 PM

another moron statement but the lame looney fans

evolved_st8
11-20-2007, 04:55 PM

Well, considering none of the Gray tuned cars have switched to ECUboost, I really don't think you can substantiate your beliefs. Bryan, however, has supplied many graphs of ECUboost holding boost better than an MBC, especially in the midrange.

But we all know that things don't exist unless the right people on SoCalEvo believe in them.

And o yeah, WOT just got his AEM to hold boost better with the stock boost solenoid than with an MBC on his Green. But he doesn't know what he's doing either, right?

I dont understand how it always becomes a flame or a cheap shot. this thread had NOTHING to do w/ Gray and u guys INSIST on mentioning him. Sounds like someone is on the nutz.

FastForward
11-20-2007, 06:45 PM

another moron statement but the lame looney fans

O little Spdy you will never learn to just shut your mouth will you! your becoming as annoying as that Cash Money guy! lol Ya Digg!

BUDLoNG
11-20-2007, 06:54 PM
no one is that f'n annoying...

FastForward
11-20-2007, 06:57 PM
no one is that f'n annoying...

Trust me Dustin is getting up there! just look as his avatar! lol. Opps did I say that? Dont sue me Dustin ok? I take it back! lol........

atlvalet
11-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I dont understand how it always becomes a flame or a cheap shot. this thread had NOTHING to do w/ Gray and u guys INSIST on mentioning him. Sounds like someone is on the nutz.

This has everything to do with the people questioning/making fun of ECUboost having ZERO, and I repeat, ZERO experience with tuning it. The people talking about ECU boost control HAVE tuned MBC's. See the difference? Come back when you have experience with both, and then make a comment. That is the point. The only reason I brought up Gray is because in a previous thread everyone was like "I wanna see what Scot says."

Who's "nutz" am I on anyways?

I swear, SoCalEvo is like high school all over again. If the all the "cool kids" aren't doing it, it must be made fun of/derided/laughed at.