PDA

View Full Version : REXPEED *Replica* Carbon/FRP High Mount Rear Spoiler Base

gsrIXevo
09-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Well as the post says....Â*
I am trying to do some research within the evo community to see who out there would buy this: 'High Mount Rear Spoiler Base'.Â*For those that don't know what I am talking about here is a link towards the first creator of the spoiler base for Evo 03+:

Â* http://www.monster-sport.com/monstersport/lan_evo/high_mount_base/index.html

http://www.monster-sport.com/monstersport/lan_evo/high_mount_base/pr_img2.jpg

http://www.monster-sport.com/monstersport/lan_evo/high_mount_base/pr_img3.jpg

http://www.monster-sport.com/monstersport/lan_evo/high_mount_base/pr_img1.jpg

Now the main reason behind the making of the high mount spoiler base is to kill two issues in one swoop:
1) How to produce more stability on the evo without buying a 'Surfboard' wing?Â*
2) How to get that: "I think that's a ...... :-\Â* COP" line out of the middle of your rear windshield.... lolÂ*
(I know you all know what I am talking about..... ^-^)

I have been talking with a few people on and off the forums and I wanted to try and get a poll going to see... if this product was more available for purchase.....Â* What type of setup would you buy... or would you even buy it at all....?Â*

*** Info on Who makes it... and How you can get one....***
'I can offically leak out.... "REXPEED" is the manufacture that is interseted in making this part.... and that they will be looking for real orders to be placed very soon....'

Right now.. I have about 5 ppl that really want a CF setup that looks like it will be in the $300 - 350 (non-painted) range 'bagged and shipped'.... However, I will need more ppl that are highly about getting one and willing to put there name on the dotted line saying that they "WILL" buy one...Â* more info is to come.... But I would like to get a list started of ppl that are intrerseted... feel free to start a list and as I get more info on how 'REXPEED' would like to handle pre-orders...... I'll keep everyone informed....

Feel free to let me know what you think...Â*

gsrIXevo
09-06-2007, 01:44 AM
BUMP... If anything please vote...Â*

"ROCK DA VOTE"

O0

nothere
09-06-2007, 06:19 AM
please do it, you got one you need tested?

rammsteinmatt
09-06-2007, 01:29 PM
please do it, you got one you need tested?

you have wind tunnel access?

gsrIXevo
09-06-2007, 01:52 PM
the testing has been done... its more of a matter as to.. is this something that the american market will want...

i know this would look sick on a 03' VIII wing without the painted sides to show off all the carbon... but for a more stealth look... u can paint the base and still have it look just like any other evo... until u get up on it....

gsrIXevo
09-06-2007, 01:56 PM
BUMP... If anything please vote...

"ROCK DA VOTE"

O0

ultraflip
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
the site linked quotes the piece at 850 dollars... for that price... i'd be better off with a surfboard wing

Dos531
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM
If the price was better I would be interested in something like this.

ghost_evo
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM

"ROCK DA VOTE"

O0

you got my vote

gsrIXevo
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
yo.. ultraflip..Â* I wont bring that thing here for that price... and yes that link goes to monster.. however, its not monster that is gonna be making the ones I wanna bring to the states... we both would have some surfboards signed by that dude with the woodywagon if it came down to that price.....Â* maybe i should have stated "REPLICA"

I would not make that product cost more than a stock VIII wing from the dealer... O0
This would not be a "BALLIN' ITEM" as far as the price would go....

gsrIXevo
09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
hahahha man...

14votes.. and (read 116 times) ...... lol

if you can read u can vote....

ROCK DA VOTE.....

*chris*
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
CF ...what are you thinking for pricing?

jaydm73
09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
i want one but depend on the price though

gsrIXevo
09-13-2007, 11:47 PM
as of now.. i will have to talk to my manufacture that will be producing it...

i know he will say:Â* "it all depends on how much work is involved in making it....."

the main purpose of this post is to show that there is a enuff 'want' for the item that it will be fairly priced and not a specitlty rare item made every thrid quater type price....

but i will get a range for what he thinks it will take to 'replicate' that base... and like i said to ultraflip's post.. because i'm using the word 'replica' i can over charge anyone for this part...lol

gsrIXevo
09-14-2007, 10:12 AM
well my manufacture feels that to make this part in carbon would run around a price of $300....lol

and yes that includes a shipped out CF 'High Mount Rear Spoiler Base' (non-painted)

I just need to show that there is a big enough demand to produce this within the US market.. so every vote counts...

"ROCK DA VOTE"

O0

*chris*
09-14-2007, 08:21 PM
300 for the CF version ...im in.

gsrIXevo
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM
BUMP..... I need more to vote.. and to be in on one hell of a deal....

after this month.. more info as to how to get this part.....

JOOTZ
09-19-2007, 11:54 PM
vote posted

gsrIXevo
10-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey I thank all that posted.. and now if the moment of truth about the MANUFACTURE.... that I have been trying to show .... that ppl would buy this part... please read first page

**towards the end...**

gsrIXevo
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
BUMP....