PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 7th Report on Iraq

Terry S
09-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Reposted from another site. Click for the full sized image:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5973/report1rx5.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5973/report1rx5.jpg)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1103/report2mu1.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1103/report2mu1.jpg)

I love how they write so much yet say so little.

Terry S

Boosted
09-07-2007, 01:19 PM
I love how they write so much yet say so little.

Terry S

Haha you couldn't have said it any better!

It has a juvenile tone to it, a lot of vague details to give you a general sense of success. Pretty much things are going good, we cant specify things that are going good but the gist is things are going well and in our favor and we need to continue with these motions towards success.

I almost get the vibe some high school student wrote a good story.

silvery_eagle
09-07-2007, 01:41 PM
lol Boosted said it in 1 sentence

Eckolaker
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
"Things are going good, but we failed to meet 11 of 18 benchmarks that measure the escalation (sic) I mean surge' success.

guns8707
09-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry. Who of those who've made comments about the letter so far, have in any way tried helping stop the goddamn insurgency in iraq? if some of you have, then yeah you have the right to talk trash, but if you havent then that's probably why you dont know why it takes so damn long to try and change crap over there.

Boosted
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
when did I complain about it taking long? tell the soldiers who are still hoping to return home before Christmas that. I never said anything about the length or the reason we are there I was commenting on the report so don't get your panties in a bunch

guns8707
09-07-2007, 08:35 PM
oh god pls which movie did you get that christmas line from? 05 new years eve on a goddamn ied infested highway i was one of those guys at one point so dont try and preach me that crap. im still one of them, just havent got deployed again YET. we chose the job so whatever. i just dont dig how freaking people sit there and critic a LETTER that was sent to THE SOLDIERS that are over there, were there and are going to be there. maybe the goddamn letter dont mean shit to you or anyone in this damn forum, but at the same time maybe it means a whole lot to those who work as bullet stoppers or maybe those, who the last thing they read was this goddman letter. so dont freaking tell me not to get my goddamn panties in a bunch.

u dont like the letter, then guess what it was not meant for you there though guy. anyone out there dont like the way the goddamn war is going because it is not meeting ur personal expectations, the fine, take ur ass to the street and protest or maybe you should run for congress and make a change, better yet run for president or become a general so you can better dictate how things should be, god knows everyone with a big mouth knows the right way in which things should go. or maybe ur the next goddamn john rambo so you could probably make a change in what? 2hrs???? do whatever the hell you want. but dont freaking sit there and tell me that you think a goddamn high school student wrote the shit. better yet, walk ur ass to a base, and tell everyone hey guess what i think u guys hire high school students to write ur fucking messages to those who fight and die, and if i was in charge i would have made an entire goddamn country see things my way in a much more civilized manner, why because i know everything there is to know about warfare thats why. i mean shit i play it in my playstation every day.

u think u can do a better job? then do something about. dont wanna risk ur neck? then shut the hell up.

Boosted
09-08-2007, 10:25 AM
OK Listen up, let me explain this to you because obviously you are very heartfelt on this subject and I don't want you to get it twisted or continue implicating these thoughts I never said or even intended. You interpreted my post into this for whatever reason...

Now granted I have no idea what the hell war is like nor do I ever want to experience it. I am absolutely not denying that the people like yourself out there working their asses off and doing what needs to be done to support our country, not only have balls but deserve respect. To be perfectly honest people may bitch and moan about the war but you are going to have to deal with it. The same way they are going to have to support our Country in something they may not necessarily want to support. In the end we are there and we are a long ways from being out of there so we all need to stop complaining and make the best of any situation we are in.

I am certainly not about to begin complaining about being there, or the amount of time, money, resources, human lives we have spent over there. The reason being, it wasn't my decision and being an adult in this country allows us the choice of who will be making the decisions for us and I am all for supporting our leader and country until the end because no matter what it was our choice. And I do think that all of the people that continuously belittle the war and president are simply ignorant.

In my opinion support is the best way to provide a positive notion to this situation. So please stop trying to impose your anti-war, hippi, anti American, I hate soldiers crap towards me because you have no idea what my thoughts or consensus is towards this current situation. And I understand that your views are going to differ than mine seeing as you have served and experienced the evil first hand. But you seriously need to calm down and except the fact that someone could very easily come in here in the political section of this forum and begin to tear this country, war and its people apart and there is nothing you can do about it. I never intended to hurt your feelings it was a simple opinion about a 2 page report. And I understand how you could feel I was speaking about more than the content of the report and my opinion could be directed towards those that are actually in the war. But that was on your shoulders to make that interpretation and connection and essentially completely over think the whole thing.

oh god pls which movie did you get that christmas line from?

I think it was either Dave Letterman or Conan I can't remember.

anyone out there dont like the way the goddamn war is going because it is not meeting ur personal expectations, the fine, take ur ass to the street and protest or maybe you should run for congress and make a change, better yet run for president or become a general so you can better dictate how things should be,

Again I don't know where myself or any previous posts discussed a time frame(beside the christmas joke), but I don't know where the majority of these thoughts are coming from. Because i didn't say I could do better or blame anyone. And I certainly dont plan on a political career nor being a protester to something out country is trying to accomplish.

god knows everyone with a big mouth knows the right way in which things should go. or maybe ur the next goddamn john rambo so you could probably make a change in what? 2hrs????

i'm not a Stallone fan

do whatever the hell you want. but dont freaking sit there and tell me that you think a goddamn high school student wrote the shit. better yet, walk ur ass to a base, and tell everyone hey guess what i think u guys hire high school students to write ur fucking messages to those who fight and die, and if i was in charge i would have made an entire goddamn country see things my way in a much more civilized manner, why because i know everything there is to know about warfare thats why. i mean shit i play it in my playstation every day.

well I have two friends that had enlisted right after high school and are currently serving, so they are in fact hiring high school students. Although I doubt they are doing any of the high end letter writing I do support them.

I actually only play guitar hero and Gran Turismo on Playstation, I usually play Call of duty on xbox.

u think u can do a better job? then do something about. dont wanna risk ur neck? then shut the hell up.

nope, nope, and nope.

im_a_gurl
09-08-2007, 11:06 AM
i love how everyone that was a soldier before is gangstar on the interweb

guns8707
09-08-2007, 03:03 PM
i love how everyone that was a soldier before is gangstar on the interweb

dude. first of all, i aint never claim to be a fucking gangstar. NEVER have i claimed to be a fucking gangter, OR did i claim to be one on this fucking site, or did i claim to be on in this fucking discussion so SHUT THE FUCK UP. ur comming in the middle of a discussion between 2 other individuals which so far, does not have a goddamn thing to do with you. fucking noob.

j_nizzle
09-08-2007, 03:12 PM
i think it says a lot of the military, or maybe you as a person representing the military, that your grammar and spelling are absolutely horrible...

but what do i know!?!? i pwn the intardnet 1337 h4x0r5 4lyfe!!!!!!!!!

guns8707
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
i think it says a lot of the military, or maybe you as a person representing the military, that your grammar and spelling are absolutely horrible...

but what do i know!?!? i pwn the intardnet 1337 h4x0r5 4lyfe!!!!!!!!!

oh shit! did we just crossed into the volkswagen forum or something!!!

Terry S
09-10-2007, 08:46 AM
"Things are going good, but we failed to meet 11 of 18 benchmarks that measure the escalation (sic) I mean surge' success.

That's what happens when a cracked-out public media forces military personnel to portray only the most optimistic of results as a guarantee for what they do.

And to Mr. Guns: Boosted and I were commenting on the quality of the writing, not the content. The report itself says basically nothing in two pages of writing. Its a standard political piece. It's the same way I made it through college english. Just write one sentence that states the point, then go on to write a bunch of repeating bullshit in as many different ways as possible to fill up the remaining pages.

You're taking this way out of proportion and have completely failed to notice what we were talking about. +1 fail point. Skip a turn. Have a nice day.

Terry S

Boosted
09-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone else watching General Patraeus's War report?

found this while I was browsing for some news this morning

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_security_poll;_ylt=Av5WIEAvHrXtvVd_N9NzOuQLew gF

Terry S
09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Watching the Q&A of the Ambassador right now.

Drawdown to only 18 brigades by July 2008... That's a big draw down.

Terry S

Boosted
09-10-2007, 01:07 PM
me too, between the lay offs going on at work and this, I have had one hell of a start to my week.

Eckolaker
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM

Terry S

Thats about 72,000 soldiers still in country. About half of the current number. Of course none of this takes into account the several hundred thousand contractors hired as mercenaries, which have had levels higher then troops since the outset.

And to Guns: I thank you for serving our country and doing what you think is right. Whether current leaders are doing the right thing or not, you still have my respect.

That said, I suggest highly you educate yourself a bit further on this Iraq war. Sure I have the luxury of being an Armchair General, but I am able to see the things you can't because you have a job to do.

guns8707
09-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Terry S

Thats about 72,000 soldiers still in country. About half of the current number. Of course none of this takes into account the several hundred thousand contractors hired as mercenaries, which have had levels higher then troops since the outset.

And to Guns: I thank you for serving our country and doing what you think is right. Whether current leaders are doing the right thing or not, you still have my respect.

That said, I suggest highly you educate yourself a bit further on this Iraq war. Sure I have the luxury of being an Armchair General, but I am able to see the things you can't because you have a job to do.

wtf? Educate myself on what bro? Are you going to educate me? Go ahead and teach me something about the war I don’t know. If what you mean is that this crap is all about oil and all that other crap you know what, isn’t it all about money in the end? We want all the oil so we wont have to pay the prizes they charge us so you can keep driving your evo, and other fuckers just want to get rich no?Â* Personally I think it may just be, but it sure wasn’t about oil and shit when the 2 buildings of the city where I am from came down was it? Or maybe when the pentagon got hit, or maybe all those other times when terrorist have done crap to the United States. I remember everyone being in the Bandwagon back then because it was the cool thing to do, it was cool to fly the flag, to put patriotic pictures everywhere to show how patriotic they were, and all that cool stuff because it was part of the hype but I knew it would only last about 2 weeks. When it was time to roll people who said LET’S GO GET THEM suddenly said Uh No I don’t want to die, I have a doctors appointment, I’m scared, I’m gay, I’m gonna miss Spring Break, blah blah blah.

If being and Armchair General is your thing, then so be it, I don’t care! I am not asking you or anyone in this forum to enlist. It's your choice if you want to serve or not.

Everyone wants to say that the military isn’t making any progress because of this and that, it is all our fault that things are going to crap over there, blah blah blah blah but the funny part is that nobody ever wants to try and help or mention the FACT that the Iraqis and those who run their mouth don’t do a damn thing to try and help.

Here is an example. A friend of mine was there as an advisor to the Iraqi army. What happens, they teach the few that want to try and make a change how to fight back and what do they do? They steal from us, run to the insurgents and tell them everything there is to know about our operations so they could be attacked, they run away from fights to save their own Asses. Women and children help them by becoming human barriers so the insurgents can be safe from being shot, the ones we hire to work in our bases give them coordinates so they can bomb us and other crap, that’s just a few examples, they brainwash children into thinking that killing themselves is the brave thing to do because they are too fucking scared to fight themselves, everyone cheered when the military showed up because they probably thought Fuck Yeah! They are going to do all the hard work for us but then realized we weren’t so know they complain. But who wants to talk about that?Â* Nobody because it is currently not on the news so it is not cool to discuss it at this moment.

The one thing that he always told me is that all they want is for US, and by US I mean the United States Military to do all the work for them so they can just collect, and at the same time they don’t want to risk their necks. Here another example. Ramadi, I was on a patrol looking for bomb caches and crap, we go to an Iraqi army check point where they supposed to be watching for insurgents trying to set up bombs, what do we find? The fuckers taking a nice long nap right under the freeway because they were bored and tired, but sure! Nobody wants to talk about that! Everyone just wants to talk about what was mentioned last night on CNN or on fox news, MSNBC, or in the newspapers because everyone wants to know how much progress we (the military) are not making in Iraq. We also don’t want to discuss the numerous times where they have walked in our bases after we gave them jobs so they could make some money and decided to do pace counts to every tactical position so they could bomb us during the day and night. How come we don’t discuss that? There are lots and lots of things that happen over there and it is never mentioned in the news, why? Because it is not part of the hype. People just want to talk about how fucked up of a job we are doing over there, and not talk about all the reasons why the job has turned out so fucked up.

The fact of the matter is you can try and say you are going to educate me about the Iraq war and the Iraqis all you want and you are probably not going to tell me something I don’t already know, there is plenty of shit I know you will never know because the war you know is waiting to come back up after the commercials in your living room. I don’t really care about the Iraqis. I don’t care if they get their act straight or not because that’s not my business, I didn’t enlist to help the Iraqis. I enlisted to serve this country. In the end after we leave, they are just going to continue fighting each other so in the end it is all a big waste of time and manpower, and guess what they are going to continue to send fuckers here to the states and other countries to bomb us, why? Because we are not part of their religion and we don’t wish to convert.Â*

They have lived in war for hundreds of years. They feel the entire freaking world is wrong because we don’t follow their religion. Case in point! We have tried helping them set up a government and what happens? They fight against each other because they all want the power over each other. THEY DONT WANT TO CHANGE! I knew it would be that way when we (the us military) went to war against them, and knew it would not change any time soon.

So if you feel you can educate me, then go ahead. Educate me because like you said, I don’t see everything because I’m busy doing my job.Â* And as far as having your respect, hey no sweat bro, I enlisted so I could earn everyone’s respect, specially yours hahahahahahaÂ* :2funny:.

I agree on one thing. The subject has completely gone everywhere. My issue at first was the fact that the letter was being mocked even though the letter was not addressed to anyone on here, correct me if I am wrong but it was addressed to the military who so far are the only ones who really know what is being accomplished and what it is not. Then another member decided to critic how we have not met our goals, well to you I say this much. I AM FUCKING SORRY WE HAVE NOT MET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, WILL MAKE SURE I LET EVERY MARINE OUT THERE KNOW WE LET YOU DOWN.Â* :-(

PS. Cute picture of the eagle and the twin towers going down, how long did it take you to download it and put it in your sig? really patriotic!!! i just realized that you just hate the govt and the only way to express it is on this forum! hahahahahahahahaÂ* :2funny: i'm done with this subj because all we gonna do is go back and forward and it's a total waste of time. Have fun with it. oh and did you by any chance make it to this meet?? http://9-11.meetup.com/279/photos/?photoAlbumId=155539&photoId=1328008

Eckolaker
09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Alright Fuck that.....I came here offering my humble respect. However, after further reading. You're a fucking idiot.

I Can't believe you tried to relate the Iraq war with 9/11.

What the Fuck did Iraq have to do with 9/11? Not a fucking thing. Lrn2history. Saddam had absolutely no connection to Al CIADA, and as a matter of fact, kept those fuckers out of his country.

Further more, you aren't over there serving our country. You are over there serving the coporate interests that want you to be over protecting their precious oil, and construction contracts.

Ever heard of the Military Industrial Complex?

How about the fact that we put Saddam in power? How about the fact we sold him those WMD's that we never found? How about that the week after he gased the Kurds in the 80's Don Rumsfeld went to Iraq to thank Saddam personally.

Remember the first gulf war? Yeah, you know. the one where went in and fucked up Saddam because he was paying us back for the weapons he bought from us to fight Iran? Yeah thats right, I said because he was paying us back we started a War with him. Remember gas prices in the early 90's? Yeah, you have Saddam to thank for that.

You sir are a moron, you represent a minority of dumb, uneducated individuals who have been completely blinded and lied to by the Elite assholes of this country and others. You believe you are over there doing the right thing. They are laughing at you. How are you going to feel in 5 years when you can't get VA care for your post traumatic stress disorder? How about when the depleted Uranium Syndrome kicks in?

Whatever, good luck in the Shit. You keep believing the lies, I will keep busting my ass to make sure that the real terrorists are brought to Justice.

P.S. No, i wasnt in San Diego yesterday. I was talking with Fireman and Police officers all day yesterday

Ignorant, un-educated assholes make me question why I spend my hard earned money and time fighting the real assholes of the world.

evo87
09-12-2007, 10:57 PM
^^ good post

couldnt of said it any better

nj1266
09-13-2007, 08:19 AM
You sir are a moron, you represent a minority of dumb, uneducated individuals who have been completely blinded and lied to by the Elite assholes of this country and others. You believe you are over there doing the right thing. They are laughing at you. How are you going to feel in 5 years when you can't get VA care for your post traumatic stress disorder? How about when the depleted Uranium Syndrome kicks in?

Unfortunately, 33% of Americans still believe that Saddam was personally responsible for 911. BushCo did a great sales job of linking the two together. They kept repeating both in the same sentence over and over again. The ignorant public believed them.

And it still goes on. Note that the Petreaus testimony was on the anniversary of 911. Coincidence, I think not.

In the military, the percentage of those who believe that Saddam was responsible for 911 is a majority. I do not remember the exact number, but it could be in the 70%

Eckolaker
09-13-2007, 08:36 AM
The same assholes who lied us into the Iraq war are the same assholes beating the war drums for Iran. Lying right to our faces, telling us Iran is a threat.

We're going to wake up one morning here soon to the news that a massive bombing campaign has been carried out against Iran. Unfortunately, it will be US standing there with Dicks in hand, figuring out how this mess happened.