PDA

View Full Version : Any Evo owners in the 760 area?

silverc
09-16-2007, 05:00 PM
hey what up guys. i just got back to thousand palms and currently going to COD. i have a 04 silver evo 8. I've seen a few others at COD too that looked very nice but i haven't seen the owners. i also drive down to el centro about once a month. i haven't seen any threads for this area but if there is i'm sorry for reposting. if anyone in here know about any meets around this area or if interested in getting one started let me know.

Vtac *this*
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm in the 760 area in Victorville.......
.........I know of someone out there with a black evo but no sure where!

Good luck! O0

EvilAWD10
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
whats up bro. i have a few of my buddies that have evo's. in our crew theirs about 5 of us. 2 evo 8's and 3 evo 9's. we live out in the indio area. we usually dont meet up to much since cops have been d*cks lately

silverc
09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
thats cool man. you know if there is any local meets around here. i've been gone for awhile and now i don't know if the spots are still the same or if they changed. (which by what you're saying i'm guessing it changes alot).

Neji Hyuga
09-22-2007, 02:25 PM
I live in la quinta I got a black 9 with the spikey things on top. I go 2 cod also. I think I have seen you.
There are like 3 silver 8's I have seen there. We should try and get some meets goin with just evos

Neji Hyuga
09-22-2007, 02:30 PM
thats cool man. you know if there is any local meets around here. i've been gone for awhile and now i don't know if the spots are still the same or if they changed. (which by what you're saying i'm guessing it changes alot).

There are those meets at carls tht are pretty sweet. acouple of rx-7's when and a couple of supras. Its at 9 at carls in pd on thursday but its kinda lame cause there are some ricers that go. But its pretty chill.

made2corner
09-22-2007, 08:05 PM
In April every year the local corvette club holds an auto cross/car show at the fairgrounds in Indio. This year there were only 2 evo's there on Saturday. It is a blast and money is for a charity plus they give out big trophies. You should check it out in 2008.

EvilAWD10
09-24-2007, 08:27 AM
their were 4 that saturday in indio. me and a buddy of mine took ours while i had seen 2 other black evo 8's

made2corner
09-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Are you a friend of JR's by chance? We ended up leaving mid-day so you probably came after we left. I have a black Evo IX.

EvilAWD10
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
theirs a few Jr's but yeah i have a friend of mine with a black 8 named jr. it was pretty fun im sure we'll show up next time around. im on a 35r now so i dont think i'll do well so you can count me out of taking 1st place :-P

MR.ev021
09-27-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm at Fort Irwin.. in the middle of nowhere..

silverc
09-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I live in la quinta I got a black 9 with the spikey things on top. I go 2 cod also. I think I have seen you.
There are like 3 silver 8's I have seen there. We should try and get some meets goin with just evos

yeah man definetly we should get some evo meets goin around here.

There are those meets at carls tht are pretty sweet. acouple of rx-7's when and a couple of supras. Its at 9 at carls in pd on thursday but its kinda lame cause there are some ricers that go. But its pretty chill.

i'll try and see if i can check it out on tonight. probably around 9:30 or 10 tho. if i see some other evo's then i'll stop and say whats up but if there aint any then i'll most likely leave quick since i don't know anyone there.

on monday around 6:20pm i saw a red evo 8 (that had carbon fiber hood and trunk and some other mods) at the corner of monterey and where the home depot is at (i forgot the name). i've seen him at cod so i know he goes there. then i also saw a charcoal grey evo 9 (i think an MR) and waved to him but i don't think he saw me or something. but yeah those are my most recent evo spotings.

badluckz
10-07-2007, 05:27 PM
for the love of god, please show up at the next autocross. i had the evo 8 that got fastest lap of the day on sunday (my buddy was driving it, the bastard) and we are all cool with each other. good times, relaxed attitudes, and talking cars. only thing missing was chicks and beers. just go to any other driver out there and be cool. funniest part about it all, one of the dudes i met out there was a cop. "i remember busting that dude, and that one,..." it's like a time out from all the bad attitudes you see on the streets.

EvilAWD10
10-08-2007, 08:26 AM
yeah this guy dont remember his name owns a 2000 si. a red one. pretty cool guy. i recall a day we were working on my buddies civic with gsr swap. we were cleaning it up and he pulls into the drive way and walks straight up asking if we were doing a swap. shitting our pants we tried playing it off like it belongs there. sure enough he knew his shit but didnt give us shit. just to be careful because cops are really looking to pull over all hondas.

more than likely we'll go again. i probably wont take the evo since its pretty much setup for drag but i'll bring my 240 out there. =)

silverc
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
alright so you guys are going out to the meet on thursday or going to the autocross?
i feel like an idiot for asking.

EvilAWD10
10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
lol...no the autocross doesnt happen but once a year. i think its sometime in march. correct me if im wrong anyone.

you can meet up on thursday but to be completely honest i think its just plain stupid to go out there. cops are coming down on us because they see us with the same crowd thats racing or just doing stupid things on the street.

im a horsepower junkie so i dont need the cops pulling me over because after popping my hood i'll without a single doubt get referreed. anyway if you guys would like to meet up someday we can do that but not with the whole carls jr. on thursday. Your asking for it. I think it was 2 weeks ago that i went with a buddy of mine and sure enough a few v8's drove by peeling out and making us guys that enjoy hanging out to meet eachother that much more difficult not to mention im sure the local pd noticied.

remember being in an area like that, a single action could ruin it for the rest of you. im speaking to you out of experience. i'm doing a few things to my car so its not out yet but in about a week i should be good if you guys want to just meet up between evo guys.

TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL! LOL YEAH I THINK I JUST DID...HAHAHA

notw_evo9
10-30-2007, 12:06 AM
I live in the Adelanto/Victorville area........hit me up!Â* Â* Recently bought an 06 evo 9

EvilAWD10
10-30-2007, 08:24 AM
congrats...welcome to socal.

silverc
10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Alright well it's almost a year since the last post on this thread and figured it's time to bring it back up to date. so i'm still goin to COD "university" and i always see a silver and red evo on monday and wednesday morning. since it's been awhile i don't know if there is any meets and stuff. if there is anothere thread from this area let me know. i tried looking but found nothing. then again thats also what everyone says.

JDMboi
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
most of the victorville peeps come down to the San bernardino meet ... It has good turn outs its about 30 min drive. So check it out on Friday night

notw_evo9
10-07-2008, 03:44 AM
damn i cant go to the meets for a while now.... new job

JDMboi
10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
^^^^dam thats wak but you got to do what you got to do ......

EVOHHH!
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
i live in the indio area

silverc
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
hey there EVOHHH! you going to COD? I'm usually in palm desert with a completely stock 04 silver 8. i just replaced the clutch on it 3 days ago and it was a bitch to do. but yeah what color is your IX? and got anything done to it?

335eater
04-13-2009, 10:27 PM
used to live in victorville but, no offense, its a fucking shit hole

silverc
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
whats a shit hole?

335eater
04-13-2009, 10:36 PM
used to live in victorville but, no offense, its a fucking shit hole

EVOHHH!
04-17-2009, 08:37 AM
hey there EVOHHH! you going to COD? I'm usually in palm desert with a completely stock 04 silver 8. i just replaced the clutch on it 3 days ago and it was a bitch to do. but yeah what color is your IX? and got anything done to it?

GG 06 ix its completely stock right now bro
but im saving up some cash for a greddy ti-c catback

dustin06MR
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
oceanside here. just bought an 06 MR

LaminarFlow
04-17-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't get how the content of this thread matches the title, but whatever...

I'm also in O-side, love to work on my car, and have been know to give free alignment checks, adjustments. :-)

[neo]
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Im in Indio, also look here:

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=45967.0

I started this thread looking for people too

Ruthless.
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM
im 760, just up north :hi:

notw_evo9
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
where at up north?

[neo]
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
anyone going to the ralliart meet in irvine?

Ruthless.
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Lone Pine. (inyo county)

in between Bishop and ridgecrest :thumbsup:

335eater
06-12-2009, 03:15 PM
ill be there

[neo]
06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
what time you leavin? where are you located?

335eater
06-12-2009, 03:33 PM
my car is already down in south orange county, i have a house down there and an apartment here and ill be down there for the week