PDA

View Full Version : Many head unit questions

pjs4x
09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
What does everyone think of this head unit?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_338833974,00.html

It's kind of pricey but has all the features I want (bluetooth, ipod/usb hookup, and ability to play mp3 cds.Â* My 2nd question is that some head units require an adapter to use the bluetooth feature.Â* It doesn't seem like this head unit needs the adapter but just wanted to make sure that I won't need to buy an adapter for this too.Â* 3rd question, does anyone know if this will fit in perfectly into the location for the stock head unit?Â* Did anyone post a write up for a head unit install with photos?Â* I have a 2004 evo with the SSL and was wondering if I can buy the two harnesses that I need (MITAH and METRA) from Best Buy or where is the best place online to buy both of them?Â* Thanks for all your help.

4G63 FEVER
09-23-2007, 09:26 AM
I can tell you that if it's a single DIN it will work no problems. Don't know anything about the BT stuff. The rest if you get the harness to connect it no problems.

Driving_Miss_Daisy
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Pioneer is a good brand. I use to have one before. I loved it.

It doesn't look like you need anything special for the bluetooth.

It should fit with no problem into the stock location.

As far as SSL, I have no idea what that is. As for wiring it up you can cut the stock connector off or buy an adapter. Either way.

IF you buy it off ebay it is about $270 brand new.

dabie
09-24-2007, 07:05 PM
if you are using an ipod, the alpine ipod integration is really good, probably the best right now.. you might want to check them out..

I know that an installation with SSL is different that the base system, so you are going to want to read up on that. good luck

PineApple
10-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Pioneer is good yes, but onto a certain extend. If you plan on Amplifying your Mids/Highs, I would NOT recommend getting a pioneer. I have had four pioneer headunits, both pioneer and pioneer premier, and they all have the same problems when it comes to amplifying the speakers. You will have ground loop issues and will require you to ground out all of 4 of the RCAs going from the head unit to amplifier. Second, it should fit, single din is single din. Third, I can almost guarantee you will need to buy an adapter for it to have the bluetooth integrated. Last, you should be able to go to Circuit City or frys, etc and tell them what kinda car you have and what head unit and they should be able to give you two different wiring harnesses that will require no cutting and will plug right into the back of the head unit. Goodluck.