PDA

View Full Version : clutch ?

jasonsevoixmr
09-30-2007, 05:24 PM
well my stock clutch is done for at about 11.000 miles. my car is all stock for now and i try to hit up the drag track every week. I'm not 100% sure which one or where the best place to get it done. i don't drive it every day, but i want sometime that will last a lot longer then my first one. help thanks.

trmacblckevo
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=48465.0

MoReRyCe
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
get a puck type clutch and a a really good preasure plate.. the weakness in our clutches is the preasure plate.. stupid non heat resistant design... lol

MoReRyCe
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
if you got $1500 to spend Tilton Ceramic twin plate... have heard nothing but good things from drag racers... and it comes with a new slave cylinder to convert the preasure plate from pull type to puch type which is alot better...

jasonsevoixmr
09-30-2007, 07:27 PM
i was going to get an act clutch then i heard some good and bad things, what brand works best over all, and like a 4 puck type. thanks again

tarmc4g63
09-30-2007, 09:01 PM
The weakness in the OE clutch is the clamp load of the diaphragm, not the heat resistance of the disc alone. All aftermarket single disc clutches use either increased clamp load from the diaphragm or a combination of diaphram clamp load and disc friction materials to give a higher torque capacity. Multi disc clutches use primarily the coefficient of friction of both discs to increase their torque holding capability and therefore require less pedal effort versus their single disc counterparts.

The OE disc or any organic disc can be be slipped up to a point. Puck style discs will tolerate more heat and abuse but have harsher engagement and because they don't slip, can cause added drivetrain stress. Puck style discs are not for everyone.