PDA

View Full Version : CLUTCH INSTALL

LiquidLife
10-09-2007, 09:13 AM
See you guys tomorrow, parts ready to go?

My clutch is gone... I have just enough clutch left to probably get me there. Flywheel is probably fked up too. Can't wait to see the difference with the prolite flywheel

caLi4G63
10-09-2007, 03:59 PM
what clutch are you going to be getting installed?

GilbertFlores
10-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Mine is just about there too so have fun with that. let me know how it goes and how much it cost you so i know. what kind of clutch you going with?

LiquidLife
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
ACT Street with Xtreme pressure plate, ACT prolite flywheel, and the throw out bearing.

Moved to Friday though cuz the part isn't in yet.

LiquidLife
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey Alfred, any luck finding the parts?

Jenn@ttech
10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I found it!!! :band:

LiquidLife
10-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Just got my clutch installed today, huge difference from the stock clutch, I stalled the car a couple times when I first started to pull out of TTech because of the difference in pressure and where the clutch catches, haha. This clutch is well worth the price IMO.

Alfred and everyone else there are always so helpful, and the whole job was done in only 4 hours!

Given that it was a semi-slow day, still it was done lightning fast, with at least two techs working the whole time on my car.

Great job as always TTech, your customer service is unrivaled from my experience.

white9
10-13-2007, 02:42 PM
what did that run u man? i know im gonna need one soon

LiquidLife
10-13-2007, 02:50 PM
All together with the xtreme pressure plate, street disc, throw out bearing, and the prolite flywheel, plus the fluids needed, and labor, it was about $1500.

Sr20kidD
10-13-2007, 03:14 PM
ouch!Â* +1 for the DIY's..

1of1000MR
10-13-2007, 06:42 PM
:2funny:

LiquidLife
10-13-2007, 07:31 PM
I love the feel of the car now, it feels solid and really strong!

xepyt
10-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey how does that prolite flywheel feel as opposed to stock? I'm getting the same clutch installed on wednesday, but I'm undecided on whether I want a resurfaced stock flywheel or the prolite. My uncle had a lightweight flywheel on his subie and you had to slip it a lot just to get it moving! Thanks!

LiquidLife
10-14-2007, 08:25 PM
revs faster, you need to shift a little faster too, feels good.

Tech@ACT
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Just got my clutch installed today, huge difference from the stock clutch, I stalled the car a couple times when I first started to pull out of TTech because of the difference in pressure and where the clutch catches, haha. This clutch is well worth the price IMO.

Alfred and everyone else there are always so helpful, and the whole job was done in only 4 hours!

Given that it was a semi-slow day, still it was done lightning fast, with at least two techs working the whole time on my car.

Great job as always TTech, your customer service is unrivaled from my experience.

Glad you like the product and good to hear from a satisfied TT customer.

Tech@ACT
10-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey how does that prolite flywheel feel as opposed to stock? I'm getting the same clutch installed on wednesday, but I'm undecided on whether I want a resurfaced stock flywheel or the prolite. My uncle had a lightweight flywheel on his subie and you had to slip it a lot just to get it moving! Thanks!

We offer 2 different flywheels for the Evo, the Streetlite at 13.1 or the Prolite at 10.1. The Evo has enough torque in stock trim that you should have very little issue moving the car from a standing start. It may take a few days to get used to it but if you are concerned the Streetlite may be the better option for you. FWIW our flywheels are forged, thicker than the OE unit and is more likely to resist warping and is resurfaceable like the stock one also.

http://www.advancedclutch.com/products/flywheels.aspx?prod_id=1258

Smogrunner
10-18-2007, 05:35 AM

We offer 2 different flywheels for the Evo, the Streetlite at 13.1 or the Prolite at 10.1. The Evo has enough torque in stock trim that you should have very little issue moving the car from a standing start. It may take a few days to get used to it but if you are concerned the Streetlite may be the better option for you. FWIW our flywheels are forged, thicker than the OE unit and is more likely to resist warping and is resurfaceable like the stock one also.

http://www.advancedclutch.com/products/flywheels.aspx?prod_id=1258

Thank you for posting in our forum. You're technical assistance will be appreciated by our customers. In fact, I'll be going with an ACT clutch next time. I just can't bring myself to pay 2500+ for a clutch again.

flipryder21
10-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I got a ACT street clutch and pro lite flywheel installed a year and half ago hmm... almost two years and I'm loving it better than stock and cheaper than stock. I remember when I first change my clutch my car only had 10k miles and that shit was burnt. When I changed it I went stock again and that shit cost me an arm and a leg. Never again.

Alfred@TTech
10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
This forum is paid for by Tuning Technologies. We hold all rights to monitor, add or delete as we see fit. If you do not like or care for Tuning Technologies, STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR FORUM.Its that easy for you.

Anyone with an agenda to create dissension within this community, site and forum are no longer allowed to post in my forum.

This was a great thread where even ACT the clutch manufacturer came in and commented with advice and technical info. Lets keep it on topic, and oh we just installed another ACT street strip with extreme pressure plate today, great clutches!!

Alfred

JasonS_Evo_Tech
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Damn, Im kinda Jealous.

Tech@ACT
10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you for posting in our forum. You're technical assistance will be appreciated by our customers. In fact, I'll be going with an ACT clutch next time. I just can't bring myself to pay 2500+ for a clutch again.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to be able to help answer any questions and dispell myths that current or potential customers may have about ACT or clutches in general.

Tech@ACT
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
This forum is paid for by Tuning Technologies. We hold all rights to monitor, add or delete as we see fit. If you do not like or care for Tuning Technologies, STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR FORUM.Its that easy for you.

Anyone with an agenda to create dissension within this community, site and forum are no longer allowed to post in my forum.

This was a great thread where even ACT the clutch manufacturer came in and commented with advice and technical info. Lets keep it on topic, and oh we just installed another ACT street strip with extreme pressure plate today, great clutches!!

Alfred

Thanks for the continued business Alfred and kind words.

sideways rules
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
WE also have the ACT on "Rinkle" and we love is so much I am going to install it on my street Evo, Alfred instaled the new turbo kit on Rinkle in preperation for Sema and it looks great, I can,t wait until he tunes it and we all get to hear the
Anti lag going crazy,
Leon

Dos531
10-19-2007, 10:39 PM
What are the issues with lockout that some people complain about with act?

Tech@ACT
10-20-2007, 12:17 AM
What are the issues with lockout that some people complain about with act?

A lack of adjustment, you can get lockout on any single disc clutch including the factory one. Some people have lockout, others don't and it varies by car. If there was no need for adjustment on the clutch on some cars Mitsubishi would not have put a method in the car for you to adjust it. Part of the reason you hear about lockout on our clutches vs. our competitors is probably because there are more Evo's running an ACT single disc clutch vs any other single disc clutch so the reported cases seem exaggerated.

Dos531
10-20-2007, 12:23 AM
sounds like ill be going act then.

LiquidLife
11-07-2007, 05:23 PM
No lockout for me :)