PDA

View Full Version : american dollar

evobevo
10-14-2007, 12:09 AM
whats up with the american dollar ?

canadian dollar is .97 to the dollar.
philippine peso is 43.595 to the dollar, 56 three years ago.

i thought i'd never see the day the canadian dollar would be worth as much.

Skiracer
10-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Canadians are invading and more are expected. Toronto Dominion just bought out Commerce Bank recently.

ChrisF
10-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Maybe because:
1. large Federal deficit spending (due to the war)
2. a huge US trade deficit
3. a weak US economy
4. other world economies that are getting stronger

Thanks GW.

dabie
10-14-2007, 02:37 AM
yeah i got raped on the conversion when i when to europe earlier this year, dollar to euro is horrid, and dollar to pound sterling is even worse..

algore08?

One Evo Pinay
10-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah it was so annoying. Canadian prices aren't dropping so things are more expensive there now. Back then I used to love shopping in Canada cuz it was so much cheaper, but now, I'm thinking screw that, I don't make Canadian dollars, I'm earning American. My mom (who lives in Vancouver) is saying, wow Canadian dollar is pretty much equal to US now, Canadian economy must be awesome. I told her, uh no mom, it's actually opposite, US economy just sucks.

Sucks for my dad as well (who lives in the Philippines). He's earning Philippine peso, providing for a family in Canada. With the value of Canadian dollar going up, he has to spit out more money to compensate, as he's accustomed to the US dollar with a higher value than Canadian dollar.

Meanwhile it sucks for me period. I need a fat raise lol.

GSX2EVO
10-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I went to Europe for the summer and was destroyed by the conversion factors.

$1.00 USD = $0.75 Euro
$1.00 USD = $0.49 Pounds

Can you imagine losing half the value of your money! WTF!

moogle
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I went to Europe for the summer and was destroyed by the conversion factors.

$1.00 USD = $0.75 Euro
$1.00 USD = $0.49 Pounds

Can you imagine losing half the value of your money! WTF!

I went to Europe, back-back-back for the past three years, and it was around .75-.80 per dollar to Euro. It has not changed much, and only minimally.

http://www.jackherer.com/chapter03.html for info on billion dollar crop.

Canada has an open free market and they invest in Hemp and have been doing business with hemp and trade that have earned billions of dollars per year.

Terry S
11-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Its called the standard financial cycle. Give it some times and it'll go back up. Ya damn babies.

Terry S

Boosted
11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Its because the marijuana is legal up there

Eckolaker
11-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Its called the standard financial cycle. Give it some times and it'll go back up. Ya damn babies.

Terry S

Your optimism amazes me.

I guess when you live in an alternate reality, its easy to stay optimistic?

VladEVO
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
My mom (who lives in Vancouver) is saying, wow Canadian dollar is pretty much equal to US now, Canadian economy must be awesome. I told her, uh no mom, it's actually opposite, US economy just sucks.

Actually you should read up on it before you contradict your mom. The Canadian economy is doing very well. With oil prices being so high the oil they are putting out is quite valuable.
Our low dollar value will stimulate export, so it is not a total loss.

ChrisF
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Chris... USA WITH WEAK ECONOMY..? R U SURE...
DID U KNOW.. THAT CALIFORNIA ECONOMY IS STRONGER THEN FRANCE ??????
The Dollar Is Getting Weak BECAUSE.... TO MUCH CAPITAL TO MUCH LABOR EVERYTHING IS BECOMING EXPENSIVVE....

And Always Remember Nothing IS EVER Better Or Will Be Stronger Den That AmeriCAN DOLLAR$$$$

ppl dyin for dis Dollar man

You're kidding, right?

[/Fox news brainwashing]

The US economy IS weak and likely IN a recession.Â* Do you think govt'.s make panic moves like lowering the short term borrowing rate by 3/4 of a point because the economy is thriving??Â*

0 - 1.5% growth in the US economy, depending on who you believe.
6% unemployment rate in CA; higher than the Nat avg.Â* Highest in years.
Maybe you're mistaking a BIGGER CA economy for a BETTER economy; not too versed in France's economy so I'll plead some ignorance there.
Uh, everything is becoming expensive?Â* That's why the dollar is weak.Â* Yeah. okÂ* :idiot2:
Don't know what International business you're working in, but in mine, companies are shifting away from accepting the greenback and now want payment in their native currency.Â* Less risk of loss.Â*

Dude, put down the pipe.

ChrisF
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
In the face of a coherent argument, insult. Ah the debate tactics of an uneducated moron! I recognize them well. You represent the intard-net at it's finest - complete with the inability to form complete thoughts or sentences. Bravo to you sir.

Yes, your e-penis must be very large since you must have millions of dollars yet drive an EVO. Wow, you baller you! I couldn't possibly compete with your financial brilliance. The stupidity of people on the internet never ceases to amaze me.

Terenus
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Was this even an argument? WTF?

ultraflip
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
socalevo.net team will now from this point relinquish any comments made by CASH$ MONEY as they have absolutely nothing to do with anything

public warning

ChrisF
01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
I should have known better than to attempt a discussion of economics on this board with a wigger no less.Â* Silly me Â*:D

VladEVO
02-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Peace n grease ;)

I had to go to Urbandictionary for that one.
I must be hard living in Orange County and talking like that. Everybody around you just has these puzzled looks on their faces after any kind of communication takes place.

wayne
02-22-2008, 03:13 AM
Last time oil prices went up this fast things were not so good either.
I believe Carter had just been elected. I wonder what will happen after Obama is elected.