PDA

View Full Version : BOV location placement

airforceone860
10-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone so Ive been trying to do some research for my friend and I and Ive been searching all over this site but I cant seem to find my answer so heres my question

My friend has an evo 9 with fujita intake and piping and a HKS SSQV located in the stock location , I was thinking of purchasing the HKS SSQV for my 9 MR but all the sites that sell it including HKS say it will not fit that I have to get the version 2 which includes the upper IC Piping and mounts the BOV on the upper IC piping is there any difference in which area the BOV is located? and instead of mounting it on the IC piping if I were to get the HKS RS kit would it just be able to fit there on my MR ?

Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated sorry if the question seems confusing :-\

r0me0ne
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
imo you should save your money and keep your stock bov(or dv valve)...buy something that will give you some type of gain for the money...

trmacblckevo
10-16-2007, 12:06 AM
+1 ^^^^^

airforceone860
10-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Yeah im perfectly fine with the stock DV its not loud just the way I like it but my friend is kinda insisting but the main thing I was trying to get out of this thread is the placement and if it made any sort of difference?

4g63superboost
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
i dont think it makes a diffrence were u place it ....but im not sure....i would stick with the stock DV....i have the stock DV with injen intake kit and it is pretty damn loud ....just me .02 cents