PDA

View Full Version : yeah another exhaust question..

Speed[Y]
10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
i was wondering how a stock exhaust would act with a downpipe and testpipe..are the restrictions high? is it worth the time and money? will the noise output be a little louder?(im looking for something that is just a little louder than stock)
i have serched and have found the fujitsubo RM01 and the RRE Stealth which both are quieter than stock. the only one i found that seems promising with good flow/gains (havn't heard how loud or if it is a little louder than stock) is the RSR Exmag.

if a 2.75"/3"dp and 2.75"/3" test pipe would work fine with the stock exhaust and provide better flow and throttle response at a lower price let me know
thanks!

Can someone tell me the functions of a turbo outlet too thanks haha

Evo_ATE_gsr
10-16-2007, 09:57 AM
youre going to get a gain, just not as much as if you had a less restrictive catback.

and yes a 3" TP will work fine with your stock catback.

markymark
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
i have a 3 inch downpipe and test pipe with my stock catback

i used to have the rsr gt2 with it, but it was recently sold. The power loss i felt was pretty noticeable, and the sound of it sounded EXACTLY like stock.

Power wise compared to full stock downpipe and cat are not noticeable at all.
Their is no point to have a downpipe and test pipe with stock exhaust.

Speed[Y]
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
ok i guess the dp and tp with stock catback is out of the question..so can anyone suggest a good catback that produces decent gains and is just a little louder than stock

thanks for the help btw

Evo_ATE_gsr
10-16-2007, 11:14 AM
RRE stealth, Fuji RM01a, or the tuning tech exhaust. thats your only choices.

Speed[Y]
10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
anyone know if it is possible to make any of those exhaust a little louder than stock?

Sly Evo
10-16-2007, 02:33 PM
]
anyone know if it is possible to make any of those exhaust a little louder than stock?

gut your cat

Residue
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
]

the RRE one, they make to order, so you could request only 1 resonator on it instead of 2, that will be a little louder.

Speed[Y]
10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
]

the RRE one, they make to order, so you could request only 1 resonator on it instead of 2, that will be a little louder.

cool, good to know might look into that more.
do you know if the price will lower or would likely stay the same?

awdnottwo
10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
gut your cat

Or buy a 3" cat. It made mine a little louder and didn't stink up the car.

ev0lution
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
go with a high flow cat, the test pipe makes your shit stink and its illegal too. its like the stock cat only 3" so its less restrictive (if my info is correct). if you're going to do anything to the exhaust get the whole package: exhaust, test pipe/ high flow cat, and downpipe. It'll save you some money on install and increase power by a lot

ev0ninerr
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
^^^ +1. wouldn't wanna buy in pieces when it's a whole system you know.

Speed[Y]
10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
thanks for the info!..

what are the pros and cons with a 3" downpipe 3" HFC and stock catback

reason why im trying to see my options (less money decent gains) is because im trying save some money to get muellerized.. O0 :twisted:

CRX2EVO
10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
]
thanks for the info!..

what are the pros and cons with a 3" downpipe 3" HFC and stock catback

reason why im trying to see my options (less money decent gains) is because im trying save some money to get muellerized.. O0 :twisted:

That would be a waste of money if you ask me.

Might as well leave stock DP and cat and get Muellerized first.

thisxguy
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
i agree with CRX...save your money and get Muellerized. then go for exhaust later.

3" dps usually cost more and most have fitment problems

stock catback will restrict your exahust flow, but it will keep it nice and quiet

Speed[Y]
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Muellerized it is then!! that was the first thing i ever wanted to do with the Evo when i got it..i told myself.."forget everything and save for coilovers then start from there" i guess i was just looking to itch my 'need for speed' :grin:

thanks for all the help!

littlejap33
10-26-2007, 01:22 PM
quite go with hks hi power