PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana--should it be legal or illegal still?

moogle
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I know my stand on this. What do you guys think? Should it be legal or illegal? Discuss.

DTunedEvoX
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I dont smoke (weed) ... I've tried it numerous times in the past ... Its just as bad as alcohol, and shit alcohol could be worse ... They already have medicinal uses for it, do they have medicinal uses for alcohol?

I say legallize it, make money off of it, profit ... :p

SoCalRedLine
10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
legalize it! yea... yea... and I will advertise it! yea... yea...

deaths from Alchohol per year: abuot 75K people link (http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5337a2.htm)
deaths from smoking cigarettes per year: 438K people link (http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/tables/health/attrdths.htm)
deaths from PRESCRIPTION DRUGS per year: about 100K people (no good link avail)

deaths from Mary Jane per year: 0

the reason MMJ isnt legalized is because we dont 'donate' (pay-off) enough money to politicians...

MJ was treated like no other prohibition. The govt can completely destroy your life, throw you in jail/prison for the simple act of having a bunch of plant material.

If you want a good book about the history of Hemp, read "the Emperor Wears No Clothes" and the documentary to go along with that "Jack Herrer, the emperor of hemp"

OR

you can watch the GOVERNMENT'S OWN MOVIE: "Hemp For Victory" ...made during WWII asking farmers to grow the "highly illegal plant that is used to make rope and clothes"

Fun Fact:
You can make very nutritional food out of hemp seeds. (feed the poor)
You can make more paper per acre of hemp than acre of tree. (no more de-forestation)
You can replace most conventional FOSSIL oils with Hemp oil. (Hemp is obviously renewable)

...so it has other purposes as well

in-n-out-310
10-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Weed will never be legalized. One reason is because the government can not control like they do tobacco. It way to easy to grow and the government just wants their cut of the profits.

SoCalRedLine
10-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Weed will never be legalized. One reason is because the government can not control like they do tobacco. It way to easy to grow and the government just wants their cut of the profits.

its pretty easy to grow tobacco too...

...but most people are lazy.
they can regulate it, the cigarette/pharmaceutical companies are keeping it illegal so they can keep making record profits... you kno, giving people cancer, then prescribing them perscription drugs goes hand & hand.... like politicians and 'campaign donations'

ev0ninerr
10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
it's all politics. once they find a way to get some profit and no adverse reaction to legalizing it, they'll do it.

Boosted
10-16-2007, 01:38 PM
All I have to say is how can you justify NOT legalizing marijuana with alcohol already legal? Alcohol is a much worse drug its not only more harmful but more dangerous as well.

DTunedEvoX
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
All I have to say is how can you justify NOT legalizing marijuana with alcohol already legal? Alcohol is a much worse drug its not only more harmful but more dangerous as well.

^ Thats where I stand ... but good points brought up as well!

Terry S
11-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Marijuana is a complete waste of time. Talking about it is as much a waste of time as consuming it is.

And marijuana kills its fair share of people too. The pro-MJ scientists are too baked to do some proper studies.

Terry S

boostinbyyou
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Â* :jaw::bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :jaw:

BUDLoNG
11-01-2007, 04:26 PM
And marijuana kills its fair share of people too.
Terry S

Show me a SINGLE case of marijuana killing a person. It is not physically possible to overdose on weed.

SoCalRedLine
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Marijuana is a complete waste of time. Talking about it is as much a waste of time as consuming it is.

And marijuana kills its fair share of people too. The pro-MJ scientists are too baked to do some proper studies.

Terry S

...yea... the AMA is full of baked scientists...

white9
11-01-2007, 04:33 PM
lol i like this subject even though i dont smoke ^^ people can go back and forth all day and it will never end :]

SoCalRedLine
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
when the Government passed the Marijuana Tax Stamp act. The Ama strictly opposed the law. They still do to this day. The damages from making marijuana illegal FAR outweigh the damages of decriminalizing it. Look at canada, britan, AMSTERDAM... they all have decriminalized it, because they realized how impractical the law is...

ChrisF
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
There are two problems with the current thinking on the legalization issue:

1.Â* That drug use is a moral issue.Â* This is complete and utter BS but unfortunately, those outside of the left and right coasts tend to be a self-righteous, god fearing bunch.Â* In their mind drugs are immoral and therefore the rest of the country should be prohibited from doing them.Â* Pot is no different from alcohol and in fact from a health standpoint ALCOHOL is much worse.Â* The day people stop looking at drugs as a moral issue and instead as a heath issue is when we have a chance of dealing with it effectively.

2.Â* Pot is a gateway drug and therefore leads to harder drugs and should be illegal.Â* Pot is as much a gateway to harder drugs as alcohol or any other mind altering chemical.Â* If people are unhappy, the will find a way to alter their consciousnessÂ* whether it be by alcohol, pot, sniffing glue, whatever.Â* Pot does not create the desire for harder drugs; basic mental health problems do.Â*

Oh and to qualify:Â* I'm not a pothead defending it's use so I can get baked legally.Â* Â*I'm an ex addict with 18 years of sobriety.Â* Prohibition has never worked.Â* You'd think our country would have learned it's lesson from trying this before.

SoCalRedLine
11-01-2007, 04:51 PM
seriously, you better have some medical records for this:

Pot is no different from alcohol and in fact from a health standpoint, much worse.
there are NO documented cases of lung cancer from MJ. Some in the AMA think that it may help REDUCE the risk of lung cancer.
MJ does NOT attack the liver, or other vital organs in the body.
MJ is NOT proven to cause brain damage
MJ is NOT proven to cause long term memory loss...

....cant say that bout alchy...

Pot is a gateway drug and therefore leads to harder drugs and should be illegal.
this argument has been disproven so may times its not funny...

bottom line. 25% of the people in america are retarded...

only 25% of americans graduate HS... thats why we are such a backwards society...

...now, you will prolly say, "well, thats cause of MJ..."

....but in reality, its cause their alchoholic, dumb redneck parents never did anything.

boostinbyyou
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
now say seriously dammit........................hahahhaahah

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

boostinbyyou
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
i took acid waaaaaaay before i smoked week for the first time......

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

ChrisF
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I think you misunderstood me....I'm saying ALCOHOL is much worse health wise and that pot is NOT a gateway drug.

SoCalRedLine
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
^i kinda got that, but it wasnt clear in your post...

p.s. i was hoping to get a heated debate in here... its no fun when everyone agrees...lol

IMO, the funniest part about or Govt, is how learned people, scientists, scholars, and doctors can tell them that 'x' is not a problem... (i.e. MJ, or even WMD's)

...yet for monetary/political (money + politics go hand and hand) reasons the president will go against academia, and wage WAR on 'x' (i.e. Richard Nixon's "WAR ON DRUGS" to help support the War in Vietnam by being able to legally jail anti-war protestors...we all saw how that turned out...:roll:)

SoCalRedLine
11-01-2007, 05:09 PM
i took acid waaaaaaay before i smoked week for the first time......

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

yea... i just smoke MJ, and thats it... never thought to try anything else...

MJ was a gate way for me, tho... it lead to smoking Cigs... (cause thats somewhat 'socially acceptable')

anyone ever think, maybe, one of the reasons MJ is illegal, is so we can throw minorities in jail? cause white america is still affraid of the brown/black man?
cause maybe, the prison industry is one of America's largest industries, and 18% of our population is incarcerated?

MR420
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
:2funny: Im :crazy2: right now.

white9
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
SRH?

Terry S
11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Have you ever been in a car when someone driving is baked off their ass? I'm sure you have. I'm sure you were even the driver. I've been in a car accident with a baked ass person. Noone died, but I ASSURE you that i'm not the only person in a car accident with a baked as fuck driver.

But anyways, i'm fine with legalizing it and taxing the shit out of it like alcohol and cigarettes. But I still stand by the position that its a complete waste of time and money. Exactly like alcohol and tobacco.

Finally, seriously, there's no health benefits. That's all a bunch of ass-tacoery. And dont pull out the pain relief bullshit either.

Terry S

AaronI1
11-02-2007, 10:02 AM
KUSH!!!!, Blaze out of the ROOR all day.

SoCalRedLine
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Have you ever been in a car when someone driving is baked off their ass? I'm sure you have. I'm sure you were even the driver. I've been in a car accident with a baked ass person. Noone died, but I ASSURE you that i'm not the only person in a car accident with a baked as fuck driver.

But anyways, i'm fine with legalizing it and taxing the shit out of it like alcohol and cigarettes. But I still stand by the position that its a complete waste of time and money. Exactly like alcohol and tobacco.

Finally, seriously, there's no health benefits. That's all a bunch of ass-tacoery. And dont pull out the pain relief bullshit either.

Terry S

well I dont condone drivint while under the influence of ANY mind altering substance (this includes Zanex, Cymbalta, Valium, Vicodin, etc. etc.). im sorry your buddy was such a bad driver...in general, not just cause he was 'high.'
It can be likened to 'Amature Night' (New years eve for those that dont kno). New years eve is the night where non-alchy's tend to have a few drinks, then think they are alright and try to drive home...BUT they are completely new to driving a little drunk, so
a) (if they are lucky) they get a DUI, or...
b) they crash.

Not condoning driving drunk, as I dont drink (very often if at all). I have some aquaintences that can drive drunk better than most sober people ive met.

And Health benefits... how bout food. That not count towards health? you can use the seeds to make food. Highly nutritious food, high in protein and omega whatever the fk.
How bout Cancer patients. Its been proven to help calm upset stomachs, and help induce apetite.

...ill leave it at that so I dont expose how much DARE/propoganda brainwashed BS you were taught, and obviously believe in...

Mister
11-02-2007, 10:46 AM
It should be legal.

It was legal before.

Alcohol was illegal before.

Now its legal.

WTF is the problem?

SoCalRedLine
11-02-2007, 10:48 AM
^seriously...

it has been used for MEDICINAL purposed since the beginings of time...

Ancient egyptians used it during childbirth

Terry S
11-02-2007, 11:04 AM
First off, your "first timers" theory is blown out of the window. This buddy of mine was my own father who had been smoking for around... more years than you are old. Everyone i've been in the car with who was high ALWAYS drives worse. Just like when you're drunk or sleepy (whether drug induced or just tired).

Second off, food wise its just yet another of MILLIONS of options for "healthy" foods. If it became legal, it cannot and would not be the "end all" of world hunger. We've already tried it with several other crops that were immensely more healthy and easier to grow and they all have failed mostly due to your crappy hippy asstacos that decry organic this and organic that.

Thirdly, just because getting high makes you feel better, that doesn't make it awesome. Oxycotin makes you feel pretty frickin awesome. So does Vicodin, heroin, alcohol, coke, etc. You cant use controlled situations such as doctor administered applications for specific diseases (your cancer/hunger statement) as an excuse for recreational legalization. Come on, try harder dude.

Lastly, it was legal before because noone used it hundreds of years ago. I dont care what you want to believe, but noone frickin used it in the past outside a very very very very very small handful of people if those people even existed as the anthropologists describe it. Alcohol was illegal in the past because of jackassery by dumbfuck democrats. Yet another reason to be republican.

Pot sucks. Pot heads suck harder. Go get high and jump out a plane without a chute.

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
11-02-2007, 11:14 AM
^lol... so i give real examples. you give personal opinion... sorry that guy was your dad, and at the same time giving you a horrible outlook on the whole subject.

here, read these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_issues_and_the_effects_of_cannabis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history_of_marijuana_in_the_United_States
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/Drug_bottle_containing_cannbis.jpg/150px-Drug_bottle_containing_cannbis.jpg

canabis was used in the early 20th century and the late 19th century for MANY things, from headaches to toothaches to hair tonic...

If you read the bibliography, notice how the only studies made are by OTHER COUNTRIES that are FAR MOR PROGRESSIVE than the US. As the US is still realing from "REEFER MADNESS" and all that misinformation...

On a federal level followed the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act[2], and the creation of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics. DuPont and William Randolph Hearst played a role in the criminalization of marijuana.
basicaly MJ is illegal, because of White America being afraid of Mexicans coming here. AND DuPont (maker of the nylon fibre, and all things petrolium) and a few other 'industrialists' (capitalists) saw this plat, that could be used for:
Rope
Oil
Food
Clothing
Paper
...and decided, "hey, if we are gonna make a crapload of money, we need to ban this plant. Lets make it illegal to have it, so we can make a shitton of money." Thats how REPUBLICANS get richer, thats why it is still illegal, because LYING NOGOOD politicians keep it illegal, for their campaign contributions.

You cannot sit there on your STAUNCH IGNORANT REPUBLICAN platform and preach to people that are educated in being able to spot misinformation fed by politicians. Thanks for voting for Bush, and thanks for ruining our economy, hope you are getting fat rich off your political views.

P.S. Democrats were republicans. And the same can still be said today... Democrats just like to make it LOOK like they give a fk about poor people.

white9
11-02-2007, 11:38 AM
SoCalRedLine has done a little history/research lol sounds like you have been in One or more debates on this subject :]

SoCalRedLine
11-02-2007, 11:41 AM
just to keep kicking while youre down....

Hemp is used for a wide variety of purposes, including the manufacture of cordage of varying tensile strength, clothing, and nutritional products. The bast fibers are can be used in 100% hemp products, but are commonly blended with fabrics such as linen, cotton or silk, for apparel and furnishings, most commonly a 55/45 Hemp/Cotton blend. The inner two fibers of hemp are more woody, and are more often used in non-woven items and other industrial applications, such as mulch, animal bedding and litter. The oil from the fruits ("seeds") dries on exposure to air (similar to linseed oil) and is sometimes used in the manufacture of oil-based paints, in creams as a moisturising agent, for cooking, and in plastics. Hemp seeds are often added to wild bird seed mix. In Europe and China, hemp fibers are increasingly used to strengthen cement, and in other composite materials for many construction and manufacturing applications. Mercedes-Benz uses a "biocomposite" composed principally of hemp fiber for the manufacture of interior panels in some of its automobiles. Hemp cultivation in the United States is suppressed by laws supported by drug enforcement agencies, for fear that high THC plants will be grown amidst the low THC plants used for hemp production. Efforts are underway to change these laws, allowing American farmers to compete in the growing markets for this crop. As of 2006, China produces roughly 40% of the world's hemp fiber and has been producing much of the world's Cannabis crop throughout much of history.[1]

[edit] Food
Hemp seeds are highly nutritious, and contain beneficial omega fatty acids, amino acids, and minerals. They can be eaten raw, ground into a meal, sprouted, made into milk (ala soya), prepared as tea, and used in baking, like sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds etc. The fresh leaves can also be eaten in salads. Products range from cereals to frozen waffles, hemp tofu to nut butters. A few companies produce value added hemp seed items that include the seed oils, whole hemp grain (which is sterilized as per international law), hulled hemp seed (the whole seed without the mineral rich outer shell), hemp flour, hemp cake (a by-product of pressing the seed for oil) and hemp protein powder. Hemp is also used in some organic cereals. Hemp seed also being used to make a non-dairy "milk" somewhat similar to soy and nut milks, as well as non-dairy hemp "ice cream."[2][3] Given that seeds account for 50% of the weight of a female plant grown for seed, these products can be made cheaper than with soy, almonds, or flax.

Within the UK, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) treats hemp as purely a non-food crop. Seed can and does appear on the UK market as a legal food product although cultivation licenses are not available for this purpose. In North America, hemp seed food products are sold in small volume, typically in health food stores or by mail order.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

SoCalRedLine has done a little history/research lol sounds like you have been in One or more debates on this subject :]

yes i have. It takes education to overrun Ignorant Dictatorships...

for clarification, I have studied 4 years of Criminology, with an emphasis on Victimless crimes (gambling, drugs, and prostitution). I decided that dealing with stupid criminals everyday was not what i wanted to do. Id rather go into somthing that peaks my interest, which is why i switched to Mech. Engineering.

leaveit2bevo
11-02-2007, 12:02 PM
if you guys want to smoke with out worry move to SF, that shit is as close to legal as you can get. Couple of friends have gotten possession tickets from university cops because their dicks, and when they showed up to court the judge told them weed was at the bottom of their priority list and threw out their tickets. I smoke Js on the streets with no worries. There are herbal relief clubs everywhere and its pretty cheep. For those who are not believers in the use of weed for medical purposes watch the movie in pot we trust.

Terry S
11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
^lol... so i give real examples. you give personal opinion... sorry that guy was your dad, and at the same time giving you a horrible outlook on the whole subject.

here, read these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_issues_and_the_effects_of_cannabis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history_of_marijuana_in_the_United_States
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/44/Drug_bottle_containing_cannbis.jpg/150px-Drug_bottle_containing_cannbis.jpg

canabis was used in the early 20th century and the late 19th century for MANY things, from headaches to toothaches to hair tonic...

If you read the bibliography, notice how the only studies made are by OTHER COUNTRIES that are FAR MOR PROGRESSIVE than the US. As the US is still realing from "REEFER MADNESS" and all that misinformation...

On a federal level followed the 1937 Marihuana Tax Act[2], and the creation of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics. DuPont and William Randolph Hearst played a role in the criminalization of marijuana.
basicaly MJ is illegal, because of White America being afraid of Mexicans coming here. AND DuPont (maker of the nylon fibre, and all things petrolium) and a few other 'industrialists' (capitalists) saw this plat, that could be used for:
Rope
Oil
Food
Clothing
Paper
...and decided, "hey, if we are gonna make a crapload of money, we need to ban this plant. Lets make it illegal to have it, so we can make a shitton of money." Thats how REPUBLICANS get richer, thats why it is still illegal, because LYING NOGOOD politicians keep it illegal, for their campaign contributions.

You cannot sit there on your STAUNCH IGNORANT REPUBLICAN platform and preach to people that are educated in being able to spot misinformation fed by politicians. Thanks for voting for Bush, and thanks for ruining our economy, hope you are getting fat rich off your political views.

P.S. Democrats were republicans. And the same can still be said today... Democrats just like to make it LOOK like they give a fk about poor people.

1) I dont vote. But back then all your precious democrats were big business tycoons like DuPont.

2) Bush hasn't been the problem. You jackasses pointing to him caused it all.

3) If any of the craptastic Liesing McLieslies links you've been provided were true, it would have been legalized by now. All that shit is as real as cold fusion and water powered cars.

4) I was never down to kick because thats all a bunch of overhyped bullshit that continues to be spout out by drug dealers and the Chinese government (biggest grower of yer weed).

5) Your mom rocks the ganj... lolz

6) Seriously, you cant tell me anyone who smokes (besides Joe Rogan) isn't a complete fucktard when they get high. Yes yes, I know, the same goes for alcohol.

Terry S

SoCalRedLine
11-02-2007, 01:03 PM
click this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY

preface: it is a war time reel clip, made by the govt (check the library of congress), asking farmers to grow hemp, cause dupont couldnt keep up with demand during the war because of the demand on petrolium.

boostinbyyou
11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/derekferguson/thGundam.gifhttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/derekferguson/thGundam.gifhttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/derekferguson/thGundam.gifhttp://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/derekferguson/thGundam.gif

Terry S
11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Sorry, I dont use Youtube for fact checking and point making. I solicit the 9/11 Truth video's on there as evidence.

I rest my case.

Terry S

boostinbyyou
11-02-2007, 01:20 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u304/fashion_hair/Other%20Stuffs/GIF/stupid.gif

SoCalRedLine
11-02-2007, 01:21 PM
^hehe... thats a real movie reel. its not fake. you can actually go to the library of congress, in DC...and see that it is infact real. And you can also check out the reel clip. I watched a video in my Victimless crimes class about this.

white9
11-02-2007, 06:37 PM
^hehe... thats a real movie reel. its not fake. you can actually go to the library of congress, in DC...and see that it is infact real. And you can also check out the reel clip. I watched a video in my Victimless crimes class about this.

you win :]

BUDLoNG
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
you think joe rogan isnt a retard when he is high??? he is a retard stoned or not.

Eckolaker
11-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Legal.

KooIDud3
12-16-2007, 12:30 AM
i say to legalize it.

vial8or
12-16-2007, 01:38 AM
legal
of course derek would be in this
haha

Powder
12-16-2007, 01:46 AM
keep it illegal and make the punishment for using it more harsh and make it illegal to be high as well

vial8or
12-16-2007, 01:57 AM
^^ :idiot2:

lets also make fast cars illegal. i mean why make a car go faster than speed limits? punish them for modding it even harsher than now too

06evoMR
12-16-2007, 08:47 PM
they should legalize marijuana so the tobacco company wont profit off of us anymore. i got a couple of trees being grown at big bear mountain as we speak.. yeppie!

SpdyEvo02
12-17-2007, 01:00 AM

lets also make fast cars illegal. i mean why make a car go faster than speed limits? punish them for modding it even harsher than now too
comparing those two together is retarded..marjuana is a drug and is illegal to own..last time i checked its legal to own a car

EC_EVO
12-17-2007, 03:39 AM
Show me a SINGLE case of marijuana killing a person. It is not physically possible to overdose on weed

acctually it is possible. there is only one way to overdose on mj and that is by eating too much of it. google it if your not a beliver.

vial8or
12-17-2007, 08:03 AM

comparing those two together is retarded..marjuana is a drug and is illegal to own..last time i checked its legal to own a car

no, im comparing how stupid it sounds to punish people for something ridiculously stupid