PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Evo X and personal opinion

bd307
10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I know it is pointless, but this post will go without any pictures. Apologize if you feel like I am wasting your time.
Anyway, I spotted a red Evo X with the BBS rims. I am 100% sure it was an Evo because of the Brembo, rims, FMIC, and the wing.

Spotted on Valley and 6th Street in City of Industry. Did not have enough time to see the nationality of the driver.
Time was around 5:40pm.

I am sure the car was not out for testing purpose as those cars would have some black marks or things hanging on the car. This Evo X does not have any thing hanging and it just looks like a brand new car out on a street. My feeling is that the stealerships should have this car pretty soon as there was another post about the silver Evo X parked on the street.

The Evo X is defitnitely more for the "mature" group of people. I would not mind paying $38K for the car as it looks like a sporty sedan (sorry to say this) and it got to my nerve for trading my 4 months old TL Type S for it.

I am sure a lot of us will like the new design althought most of you do not like the new look. The younger group of people will tend to the new STi. The STi will more of a street racer feel car (you would know what I am talking about if you've seen the picture of black on black rims).

Maybe there are some other people who have spotted it as I've seen Evo's in the area quite a bit.

Residue
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I spotted a White X on Berry in Brea ~2 weeks ago, down the street from Audiobahn. It was missing the hood and fenders. I recognized the front end (unpainted)...looked pretty mice, even with the missing parts...I still would never consider trading my 9 for it.

STIH8TER
10-16-2007, 07:52 PM
The X should just be called the X. 40g's?!?!?!?!? Geeez!! If i was getting a sporty car might as well go all out and wait for the 09 nissan GT-R. And i think i will lol. the X are for riders who cant drive in traffic and people who cant turn. well thats my opinion dont judge me. LoL

ChrisF
10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
40g's?!?!?!?!? Geeez!! If i was getting a sporty car might as well go all out and wait for the 09 nissan GT-R.

Uh, if $40K is too much, where are you going to get the extra $30-40K for a GT-R?

Macky
10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
40g's?!?!?!?!? Geeez!! If i was getting a sporty car might as well go all out and wait for the 09 nissan GT-R.

Uh, if $40K is too much, where are you going to get the extra $30-40K for a GT-R?

exactly. the non GT-R will sell for about mid 50's to high $60's, with the GT-R model priced close to $70~80K.

bd307
10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
If you are complaing about a 40K car, MOST LIKELY you will not be able to afford a 70-80K car. If you can, power to you.

I believe a payment for a 80K car will be around 1100 to 1300/mo with resonable down and excellent credit. It is not easy to own a car that sells for 35K or above if your salary is just average (35-40K/yr) provided you are independent.

Macky
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
If you are complaing about a 40K car, MOST LIKELY you will not be able to afford a 70-80K car. If you can, power to you.

I believe a payment for a 80K car will be around 1100 to 1300/mo with resonable down and excellent credit. It is not easy to own a car that sells for 35K or above if your salary is just average (35-40K/yr) provided you are independent.

agreed.

suppose you get an $80K car and put $20K down, at 6 years and 8% interest, you are looking roughly at $900/month. if you are already balking at a $40K car, forget it.

trustevo
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
The X should just be called the X. 40g's?!?!?!?!? Geeez!! If i was getting a sporty car might as well go all out and wait for the 09 nissan GT-R. And i think i will lol. the X are for riders who cant drive in traffic and people who cant turn. well thats my opinion dont judge me. LoL

Don't forget the GT-R has NO manual tanny avalible, the only tranny is something like SST on the EVO X !!

atlvalet
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't forget the GT-R has NO manual tanny avalible, the only tranny is something like SST on the EVO X !!

AFAIK, this is not correct. There is a manual 6 speed available, plus the paddle-shift auto.

STIH8TER
10-17-2007, 06:01 PM

I said IF I WAS GOIN ALLLLLL OUT MANG! Where am i gonna get it? well Ill wait for a used one and six years later after that lol.

bd307
10-17-2007, 07:25 PM

AFAIK, this is not correct. There is a manual 6 speed available, plus the paddle-shift auto.

GTR will have no manual option available. All will be paddle shift. This is for JDM anyway, but I doubt they will change that for the US market.