PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Offsets????? HELP

soontobe
10-20-2007, 09:22 AM
can somebody please explain exaclty what the offset of the wheel is and what offsets i should choose for my evo. im looking to get the 5 zigen fn wheels in 17x9 and i want that super concave agressive look...any help would be appreciated! RJ

jnathan68
10-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Article from Tirerack on wheel offset http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

The Evo's stock wheel offset is, I think, +38 (or +35). When buying new wheels, the lower + number you get, the more the wheel will be "pushed" out (i.e. a +25 wheel will be pushed out from the car 10mm more than a +35 wheel), however, you do not want to go to low on the offset due to rubbing and other problems you might encounter.

The issues you have to think about are size of wheel (both diameter and wheel width), offset of the wheel and tire size. The proper combination of these will give you the great look without the rubbing issues.

There a quite a few threads here and on EvoM that discuss different wheels that work on the Evo. Also, plenty of picture threads showing look.