PDA

View Full Version : Low Speed Collision

Blaze
10-28-2007, 10:40 AM
:'( Well, if finally happened and it was my fault.

I've been sick all week from the ash in the air and stress over two jobs plus an evacuation.
To say nothing of the fact that I have a million and a half last minute things to get ready for SEMA.

So I'm back from the car wash and I need to vacuum out the interior of the evo.Â* I leave it on the street, engine running and I though I had the e-brake up far enough.Â* I walk up to the garage to clear some space when suddenly I hear a slam.Â* My heart sinks and I get that knot in my stomach like when a cop rolls you and you think it will just be a REF ticket but when he gets to your window, it's also the father of the under aged chick you've been secretly dating from myspace who's crazy about anal sex.Â* And as he reaches for his baton and asked you to step out of your car you just know it won't end well.Â* Yeah...THAT feeling.Â* The slam is my garage door and my wife is standing there drinking the last of my coffee.Â* I mean FK'n'A!Â* Can't I leave a cup of coffee laying around for 15 minutes while I detail my engine down the street?Â* She disappears back into the house and with an equally loud slam, the door closes behind her.

Time to clear some space.Â* I have about 3 sets of rims and tires scattered in the garage.Â* If I can stack them all in a column, they'll snug into the corner, just inches below the sealing.Â* One after the other, they stack up neatly.Â* When I sell the house, I imagine the new owner will scratch his head and wonder why there are Michelin Pilot Cup logos on the ceiling.Â* It looks secure, so I start to pull the cover off the 2G so I can back it out and have an empty garage to do the final detailing.Â* I'm occupied with folding and carefully rolling the cover up when I hear a wobble behind me and the inevitable tumble/crash.Â* Yes, it's the bottle of quick detailer I left on the back of the wing and has now stuck the floor, full force!Â* Sigh...that blows!

What was I ranting about again?Â* Oh yes, the low speed collision that ruined my day.Â* So the cover is off the 2G.Â* The evo finally shuts down on the street.Â* The tires look sexy all stacked neatly in the corner and my wife is enjoying my coffee.Â* It's time to move the Eclipse out and get the Evo in.Â* No clutch, neutral, foot on brake, time to start.Â* "click click - vroom" it starts up and I let her idle for about 4 minutes before slowly backing her out.Â* Normally, I pull kind of close to the wall, so there is enough room to move my kids stroller between the cars without risk.Â* But this also means that you can't back straight out or you'll take off a mirror, or worse.Â* Today was no exception.Â* It's been like this forever.Â* And if you think I took out not just the rear bumper, but half of the quarter panel because I popped the clutch unexpectedly spilled coffee on my lap and wasn't paying attention then fk you for thinking that.Â* I might pop the clutch when I'm half asleep, but I would never have food or drinks in the car.Â* That's just wrong.Â* But as I was carefully backing out, the crumpling sound was heard none the less.Â* It was quick.Â* And it was horrible.Â* I stopped immediately, pulled the car forward, shut the engine off and walk around to survey the damage.Â*

Fluids running everywhere!Â* How could I have been so stupid?Â* And how could 1.5 feet in reverse cause tens of dollars in damage?Â* Not only did I half crush my quick detailer, but I also magled a rim detailer and knocked a wheel polish on it's side.Â* THEY DID NOTHING TO ME and did not deserve this fate.Â* If it were a 2 year old on a trike, it might have been different.Â* Damn kids shouldn't play behind a moving car and the sooner they learn the better.Â* Loose the use of your leg and you'll learn pretty quick I imagine.Â* But the detailer!?Â* The detailer had nothing.Â* Not even legs, much less a chance to get out of the way.

I feel so bad right now....

I'll have to open a new one fromÂ* the case in the garage.

MoReRyCe
10-28-2007, 10:50 AM
sorry for your loss... im sure insurance will take care of it...

wut kind was it btw?

Blaze
10-28-2007, 10:52 AM
All Meguiar's, baby....

j_nizzle
10-28-2007, 10:52 AM
so you ran over a bottle of quick detailer?

MoReRyCe
10-28-2007, 10:54 AM
lol

Blaze
10-28-2007, 10:57 AM
so you ran over a bottle of quick detailer?

Feel my pain, or else I'll ban you!

bogey8
10-28-2007, 10:59 AM
you really need a bigger garage.

you can knock down those 2 extra rooms and the kitchen and turn it into a 5 car garage. who needs a kitchen, eating out is more fun.

Granny Shifter
10-28-2007, 11:22 AM
lol, the suspense...

for a can of detailer!

Terenus
10-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear this Blaze, but hopefully you'll be able to save the wheel polish and rim detailer, but it sounds like a total for the quick detailer. Did the tires get hurt? How is your family coping with this?

bogey8
10-28-2007, 11:37 AM
i'll buy your "damaged" wheels and tires for half price.

Blaze
10-28-2007, 11:44 AM

Rims and tires? No, they are on the wall and not half price.

If you're talking about the rim detailer, and quick detailer, their contents were transferred to other bottles that were nearing empty. I know this may be slightly unethical since the dying bottles were not stamped as donors. But if it gives new life to a waining tragedy....then so be it, I say. I'll live with the guilt.

Blaze
10-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear this Blaze, but hopefully you'll be able to save the wheel polish and rim detailer, but it sounds like a total for the quick detailer. Did the tires get hurt? How is your family coping with this?

My wife is heartless when it comes to matters such as these.
My son tried to splash in the ruined contents of the detailer.

(he takes after my wife)

bogey8
10-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Rims and tires? No, they are on the wall and not half price.

I'm talking about the wheels and tires that ran over the poor detailer. I'm sure they have suffered irreversible mental and emotional "damage".

kimber_94806
10-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I feel your pain man. A sad day indeed for the Evo community.

turbolarry
10-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Don't you ever play with my emotions like that again. Â*That's not even funny. Â*:tickedoff:

Blaze
10-28-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm talking about the wheels and tires that ran over the poor detailer. I'm sure they have suffered irreversible mental and emotional "damage".

Dude...you're just being silly. Â* :gheyfight:

CRX2EVO
10-28-2007, 11:58 AM
I can't believe I read all that. Although, it did remind me I need to pick up some Meguiers Cleaner Wax.

white9
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM
hmm... are the bottles reusable? i could use some...

Blaze
10-28-2007, 12:58 PM
hmm... are the bottles reusable? i could use some...

Vultures!! :'(

evomrguy
10-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh I think my ulcers flaring back up. You cant do these things to a fat man with a bad heart. Its just not right.

DTunedEvoX
10-28-2007, 10:26 PM
^5 Blaze... R.I.P. bottles ..... Ummm I enjoyed this very much!

JOOTZ
10-29-2007, 12:28 AM
ooooooohhhhhhhh
though somebody up there is very carefull

Jap_WHiP
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
3 minutes I will never get back...damn...

jello810
10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
1st thought...G-damn

2n'd thought...o isht

3rd though...WTH

4 thought...WTF & LMAO

+1 on the 3 minutes i'll never get back!!!!

gen4k20a2
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I read it...and i acutally said out loud...GOD DAMMIT!

Evolved524
10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
you have tooooo much free time on your hands...

Go make love to your wife..

Stinji
10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
that's just wrong Jason! I was saying to myself....noooooooooooooo!

koolguy21
11-08-2007, 09:21 PM
That was one hell of a story O0

tabio42
11-14-2007, 12:33 AM
sooooo are you gonna part out the broken bottles?

The Emperor
11-16-2007, 11:54 PM
you are always full of stories!! haha this one was great!

i love how you had a detailed explanation of the feeling you had about the cop chick from myspace that wants anal sex