PDA

View Full Version : May have to go to dealer- Is Ball the only "mod friendly" one in town?

Faust54
11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I just posted to the troubleshooting forum (below) and want to be ready if someone drops some bad news on me. If that does happen i will need to take my baby in for service and dont want to be hassled for the minor mods i have. I saw that people recommeneded Ball mitsu, are there any other in the san diego county area who are "mod friendly'?

"I have an o6 MR that lost power heading down the 5 the other day. I had just cleaned and oiled my intake cone about a week before and have had no problems until all of a sudden i am shifting to 5th and i hear a pop and start losing power. When the "pop" happened the car threw a CEL and i figured it was a hose popped loose, but after getting towed home I have no CEL and my ODB II comes up clean. I can rev to about 4 grand but no turbo spool and every so often some whitish smoke from the exhaust. It turns over like normal and has, for the most part, a regular idle. I am about to pull the bumper and check the lower hoses (checked the upper hoses and everything seems to be on nice and tight). Just wondering if anyone has some ideas, perhaps you have run into this before. I did a board search and didn't seem to find the same issue but perhaps its been discussed and I missed it.

Mods- HKS Hi Power, Injen dp, dejon tool MBC, Injen full intake piping and cone filter

Thanks"

MoReRyCe
11-12-2007, 01:57 PM
still sounds like a hose.... but i wouldnt know who is mod friendly...

TeKiZeRo
11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Looks like a hose popped off to me.

Faust54
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Shredded u joint on the bottom hose. Ridiculous. Im happy that its an easy fix but unhappy that I have to deal with my friggin undertray. Thanks guys.

dayak
11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
if you want to take your evo to the dealer go to mitsu poway.
they are pretty mod friendly, as long as the mod did not caused the problem or got nothing to do with the problem.

bboy_RES
11-30-2007, 04:04 AM
i'd recommend the guys at Ball Mistubishi. i went to get my timing belt replace (i installed my camshafts and a bolt was rubbing on it and it was getting worn down in the middle). they also found out that my water pump was broke (i know what happened with it). all my mods are in my sig and they were really cool about it. they even told me that they install aftermarket stuff as well.

awdlancer
11-30-2007, 04:38 AM
really intresting i just put everything back to stock before any service . ^-^

Faust54
11-30-2007, 09:06 AM
If you have the time and energy to do that then more power to you. I , however, do not.
Luckily it was just a hose but thanks to those who responded with a recommendation.

Evo_ATE_gsr
11-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Yea ball is hella cool. Matt down there knows how it is with modded cars. in fact, he usually laughs when he sees a stock evo come in for service, because he knows they wasted time putting it back to stock, when they dont care

I had my VIII serviced with my 35R on it. took it down there for a Transfer case. :D

Dirty Harry
11-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Of course they wouldn't mind if their service is coming out of your pocket. I took my modded dsm there many times for minor things.

Warranty work is a whole other story though...or is it?

Evo_ATE_gsr
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
nah. matt is really cool. my VIII was supposed to have burned its warrenty long ago for my mods, but they're cool down there. Replaced my first transfercase under warrenty. Matt even went a step further, and let me get my blown one, for a few pennies to send out to Shep.

Evo_ATE_gsr
11-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Granted tho... if you're a dick weed, im sure a dealer isn't going to want to help anyone. You give as good as you get somtimes.

bboy_RES
11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
nah. matt is really cool. my VIII was supposed to have burned its warrenty long ago for my mods, but they're cool down there. Replaced my first transfercase under warrenty. Matt even went a step further, and let me get my blown one, for a few pennies to send out to Shep.

wow he honored the warranty? what did you tell him? i probably could've gotten my stuff covered by the warranty as well if he's cool about it. i'm pretty sure my warranty is toast because i changed the camshafts myself.

Evo_ATE_gsr
11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I mean it all depends ya know bro? he was cool with me when i went down there, and I had my 35R on, 280s, and an Exedy Twin Disk HD. obviously, the Transfer case had some assistance is getting death wine. haha

dabie
12-01-2007, 02:07 AM
i think ima try poway mitsu this weekend to get a free oil change done