PDA

View Full Version : Vid of Paul and Ray's run at California Speedway 11/10/07

SNEAKYEVO
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I only had one vid each of them running. I think it was during open runs. Both did pretty good. My camera didn't zoom that far so I can't remember Ray's numbers. I think it was high 11's in the mid 120's. I know the Tiberon was 10.8! Fast ass Tiby!

Paul's Run vs Cobra:

12.2 @ 114mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RipcPmz4yvU

Ray's Run vs Tiberon

11.3 @ 128mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBCn6AJxd88

smokinevo9
11-12-2007, 05:51 PM
wtf did that tiby have..............

melachu
11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Wow that tibby ran a 10.84! THose were some nice runs in those evos.

SNEAKYEVO
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't remember. One big ass turbo I think. Didn't sound like a supercharger. I just remember saying damb! You heard me say on the vid. He ran a 10.2 later at 140+ later.

EvoJoe
11-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Those were some nice videos. Nice to see those runs from the stands. Paul looks like he put quite a good distance on that Cobra.

SNEAKYEVO
11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks! Just trying to give back a little to Paul for all his help at TT. And Ray just has one powerful EVO!

mrcotija
11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
That Tib was just a body pretty much. It was built by Hendrickson Racing... They trailored it in and had their own shop and everything there at the event....

mrcotija
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
damn, too bad it didnt didnt say my time.. that was the run i ran 11.3 @ 128mph

vortech_g35
11-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Nice runs!!!! Good job ray and Paul

2muchboost
11-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Nice runs!

SNEAKYEVO
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Ray I updated the original post. I put your time on there. What was your best time? Did you get that 2 step fixed?

Jenn@ttech
11-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Charlie thank-u for the videos of our boys. I get to stare at Pauly's first place trophy all morning! Congrats Paul on your 1st place win in the super comp bracket race!!! :band: You guys rock!!!

G20
11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
that Tiburon is build for drag racing. Huge turbo, built engine, completely strip, I saw it in most of the drag racing competition events in SoCal (Fontana, LACR) and even talk to the owner (he's a nice guy).

Ray, your car is awsome, 11.3 and 128mph is a beast. I tried to shift as fast as you but not able so far (11.8 at 128mph is my best). Do you think it's harder to launch with the gt35r versus other smaller turbo (gt30, stock). I think so. Nice runs neverless.

mrcotija
11-13-2007, 04:06 PM
that Tiburon is build for drag racing. Huge turbo, built engine, completely strip, I saw it in most of the drag racing competition events in SoCal (Fontana, LACR) and even talk to the owner (he's a nice guy).

Ray, your car is awsome, 11.3 and 128mph is a beast. I tried to shift as fast as you but not able so far (11.8 at 128mph is my best). Do you think it's harder to launch with the gt35r versus other smaller turbo (gt30, stock). I think so. Nice runs neverless.

Hmmm, I think the 30r and the 35r is irrelevant as far as launching. I am not used to launching with the 2step style launch control, and by the time I took it off, I had already called it a day.

G20
11-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Hmmm, I think the 30r and the 35r is irrelevant as far as launching. I am not used to launching with the 2step style launch control, and by the time I took it off, I had already called it a day.

Yep! I'm getting better 60 fts times by manual launching than the 2-step (1.7-1.8 versus 2.0) with tires pressure at 21 psi.

SpoolinEVO
11-14-2007, 09:28 PM
just to let u guys know that tiburon was built by a guy that used to work for us at Westech. For those that say he's a nice guy, think twice cuz he's a dick! He thinks he walks on water with his fully stripped and gutted dookie tiburon. I actually helped him with the wiring and gutting of that car but its a straight drag car so dont feel bad that u lost to a tiburon. I give him props though because it does haul ass... even though he blew the motor up that day from a loss of oil pressure. Put it like this we worked together for 1 1/2 years and he's still a C sucker (he was at our shop yesterday) I asked him why he didn't rock any gauges like Boost or Oil Pressure as a just in case measure and he told me those were for pussies
( ironically he blew his ishh up from over boosting and just recently from loss of oil pressure hmmm.. ) IMO i want some evo's out there to mob on this cat!

jasonsevoixmr
11-14-2007, 10:14 PM
i have the video clip of Paul winning sundays final race

mrcotija
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
just to let u guys know that tiburon was built by a guy that used to work for us at Westech. For those that say he's a nice guy, think twice cuz he's a dick! He thinks he walks on water with his fully stripped and gutted dookie tiburon. I actually helped him with the wiring and gutting of that car but its a straight drag car so dont feel bad that u lost to a tiburon. I give him props though because it does haul ass... even though he blew the motor up that day from a loss of oil pressure. Put it like this we worked together for 1 1/2 years and he's still a C sucker (he was at our shop yesterday) I asked him why he didn't rock any gauges like Boost or Oil Pressure as a just in case measure and he told me those were for pussies
( ironically he blew his ishh up from over boosting and just recently from loss of oil pressure hmmm.. ) IMO i want some evo's out there to mob on this cat!

I dont feel bad losing to him, considering that i kept up with him in a car that i daily drive and drove the the track, and still got a shitty 1.9 sixty foot in a FULL WEIGHT car, with street tires...

so yeah, i think that's a great achievement than what he's done with his car.... IMO. And one day i'll still mob him.

G20
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
if i remembered correctly then that Tiburon had lost to DOOMID's EVO MR already at an event in LACR but I could be wrong. Yeah! I chat with him a little bit at LACR and he seem to be a nice person but that's about it.

I believed with Ray's driving skill and a little bit more of power, he'll DRIVE to the track, mod that Tib, and DRIVE back home. :-)

SNEAKYEVO
11-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Ray what were you running at the track as far as fuel and boost?

SpoolinEVO
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Please dooooo..... somebody mop this guy up. As for the MR he did race that one in Palmdale and he lost to the EVO. That MR is a badass piece! Our next weapon were gonna use is my friends wife Yellow Datsun 510 with an SR20 Turbo and this girl could get out the hole probably faster than any of us guys with consistent 1.5 60'.

I dont feel bad losing to him, considering that i kept up with him in a car that i daily drive and drove the the track, and still got a shitty 1.9 sixty foot in a FULL WEIGHT car, with street tires...

so yeah, i think that's a great achievement than what he's done with his car.... IMO. And one day i'll still mob him.

yeah man, your doing great since your still able to drive home and to the grocery store with the ride you race. Thats what its all about, you got a street car that hauls asssss.

mrcotija
11-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Ray what were you running at the track as far as fuel and boost?

c16 and 32psi

but my pump gas is only @ 22psi and i get 21 mpg

JOOTZ
11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
good vids