PDA

View Full Version : The official traffic camera thread!

Miss Evo8
11-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Has anyone recieved one of these and tried to fight it using a Trial By Declaration?
How it happened:
I wasn't sure if I made it through the intersection on Harbor Blvd and Orangethorpe... obviously didn't :roll: It was about 1PM...I was about 15-20 feet before the intersection and the light turned yellow..I glanced in my rear view mirror and seen that the car behind me was fairly close....so instead of having this guy plow into me I just gunned it through the intersection...the guy behind me followed...I saw the camera flash...If I had used my brakes and stopped I know damn well the car behind me would have hit me...now my question is has anyone fought one of these and won? I used TBD on a ticket in January and was successful..but it was a "normal" ticket. I am eligible for traffic school but the fine is $380 without Traffic School and $430 with traffic school! I have a clean driving record and I would like to keep it that way!

Blak94GSX
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Did you actually receive a ticket for it, or are you just expecting one because you saw the light flash?

Miss Evo8
11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Did you actually receive a ticket for it, or are you just expecting one because you saw the light flash?

Nope I just got the damn thing in the mail today!!!

Blak94GSX
11-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Doh.

Well use TBD for sure. It is always worth a shot. No harm done if you don't win the first time.

Miss Evo8
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Doh.

Well use TBD for sure.Â* It is always worth a shot.Â* No harm done if you don't win the first time.

Yeah Im gonna try.. I hope someone has an example of one or one similar.....I was successful with my last one and I helped Tomas with his and he won...so maybe it will go good for me again

tabio42
11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
A yellow has to give you plenty of time to stop. So you can try going back and timing the yellow light, figuring out what distance that would put you at before the intersection, determining the amount of time required for an average human to react and an average car to stop from the speed limit and see if it adds up.

Terenus
11-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Did it take a picture of your front or back?

GokuSSJ4
11-13-2006, 07:44 PM
camera tickets usually take a pic of your front license plate and side shot (reason why cops enforce the front license plate law) ....
I have asked Blaze about this before, and I'm sure he can chime in , since he mention that theres different ways of beating a camera ticket..
Blaze, where you at ? ? ?

wj4
11-13-2006, 07:46 PM
off topic, but there was still flash at the camera at 1pm? i wouldve think that the flash is for night only. sucks for that miss evo 8 :(

Terenus
11-13-2006, 08:10 PM
camera tickets usually take a pic of your front license plate and side shot (reason why cops enforce the front license plate law) ....
I have asked Blaze about this before, and I'm sure he can chime in , since he mention that theres different ways of beating a camera ticket..

Good, that's what I thought so I'll keep my license plate off.

Miss Evo8
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
I have asked Blaze about this before,Â* and I'm sure he can chime in , since he mention that theres different ways of beating a camera ticket..

Good, that's what I thought so I'll keep my license plate off.

I dont have a front plate! :tickedoff: I do but its a Japanese plate! and weird dont they usually send u pics of those things? I didnt get any pics with my ticket.... This sucks :tickedoff:

GokuSSJ4
11-13-2006, 09:16 PM
damn! at the beginning they couldn't give people tickets if a front plate wasn't available, since that was the main angle of the camera.. I guess things have change...Â* so now it doesn't make a difference, and if thats the case, i don't understand why cops harass people to have a front plate ..

Skiracer
11-13-2006, 09:38 PM
a bit off topic, but do you get points on your license for a red light camera?

Terenus
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
a bit off topic, but do you get points on your license for a red light camera?

Yup, still counts as moving violation.

silvery_eagle
11-14-2006, 10:50 AM
time the yellow light... it has to be 4seconds before it turns red...

EVOL EDO
11-14-2006, 10:55 AM
there is supposed to be a picture of the front license plate, of the driver, and of the back license plate. Â*you didnt get any pictures with it? Â*you should call and ask to see the pictures.

Miss Evo8
11-14-2006, 01:32 PM
time the yellow light... it has to be 4seconds before it turns red...

Im going to.. lucky for me there is a Starbucks right on the corner and I can sit out there and time that thing...

Evolution.VIII
11-14-2006, 02:17 PM
If it was on Harbor, that light is f***** up. It went yellow, then red so fast it surprised me, and I crossed the line on green.

It shot the car from all angles, thats how they knew who to send the ticket to. We received 2 notices at the same time, the courtesy notice, and the letter with the pictures of us in the car. They have to identify you driving, or else the ticket is invalid, and you do not have to give up the identity of the person driving your car.

I got one this summer, and we put in a Trial by Declaration. I had my wife write it up, since I have 10-12 hour days at work.

Always cover your face going through those stupid intersections. You never know when that jackass camera system will malfunction on purpose.

Miss Evo8
11-14-2006, 06:04 PM
If it was on Harbor, that light is f***** up.Â* It went yellow, then red so fast it surprised me, and I crossed the line on green.Â*

It shot the car from all angles, thats how they knew who to send the ticket to.Â* We received 2 notices at the same time, the courtesy notice, and the letter with the pictures of us in the car.Â* They have to identify you driving, or else the ticket is invalid, and you do not have to give up the identity of the person driving your car.Â*

I got one this summer, and we put in a Trial by Declaration.Â* I had my wife write it up, since I have 10-12 hour days at work.Â*

Always cover your face going through those stupid intersections.Â* You never know when that jackass camera system will malfunction on purpose.

Damn You too! Yeah the flashes came from everywhere!!! I felt like I was in a damn Photoshoot! That intersection is the worst! so what was the outcome of your TBD? and If u can could u post your example?

x[corwyn]
11-14-2006, 06:11 PM
If it was on Harbor, that light is f***** up. It went yellow, then red so fast it surprised me, and I crossed the line on green.

It shot the car from all angles, thats how they knew who to send the ticket to. We received 2 notices at the same time, the courtesy notice, and the letter with the pictures of us in the car. They have to identify you driving, or else the ticket is invalid, and you do not have to give up the identity of the person driving your car.

I got one this summer, and we put in a Trial by Declaration. I had my wife write it up, since I have 10-12 hour days at work.

Always cover your face going through those stupid intersections. You never know when that jackass camera system will malfunction on purpose.

Remember that the yellow light HAS to remain yellow for a set time by law. There is proof that a lot of red light camera intersections have been setting up their yellows to run short which then invalidates the ticket. I would find the exact time it has to be set then record it.

tabio42
11-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Next time if you get flashed, crash into the sidewalk and sue the city. Tell them you were blinded by the flash.

Terenus
11-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Next time if you get flashed, crash into the sidewalk and sue the city. Tell them you were blinded by the flash.

ROFL, make sure u crash into the camera.

silvery_eagle
11-15-2006, 02:43 PM

lol good idea!

x[corwyn]
11-15-2006, 03:10 PM
No next time pull the shirt over your face and flash them!

j_nizzle
11-15-2006, 03:13 PM
]

i like this solution best...it'd just be funny all around.

Miss Evo8
11-15-2006, 09:08 PM
]

sure just as soon as I buy some "bolt ons"!
JK

Qmr
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Get this Cap and wear it whenever you drive again

http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/uvcaps.html

help protect against UV, sun + CAMERA

BlueBooster
11-18-2006, 01:50 AM
ticket assissin has some good writeups on this very subject. Do you have access for requesting help thru him? If not, I do.

Miss Evo8
11-19-2006, 06:22 PM
ticket assissin has some good writeups on this very subject. Do you have access for requesting help thru him? If not, I do.

I have heard of that site I will be checking it out
Thanks

j_nizzle
11-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Get this Cap and wear it whenever you drive again

http://www.advanced-intelligence.com/uvcaps.html

help protect against UV, sun + CAMERA

too bad it looks like ass.

Evolution.VIII
12-27-2006, 01:31 PM
We just got the results of our TBD.

We won, we are to receive our $354 dollars back in the mail soon.

I'm sorry I didn't respond with my example. I'm sure your date has already passed. Do you still need it?

Blaze
12-27-2006, 05:07 PM
post it up. I'll add it to the sticky.

Miss Evo8
12-28-2006, 04:29 PM
We just got the results of our TBD.

We won, we are to receive our $354 dollars back in the mail soon.

I'm sorry I didn't respond with my example.Â* I'm sure your date has already passed.Â* Do you still need it?

Yup still need It... I got an extension :twisted: gotta drag this thing out as long as possible!

GokuSSJ4
12-28-2006, 05:24 PM
post it up. I'll add it to the sticky.
DO IT !!!!

CACalomino
01-05-2007, 10:19 PM
A yellow has to give you plenty of time to stop. So you can try going back and timing the yellow light, figuring out what distance that would put you at before the intersection, determining the amount of time required for an average human to react and an average car to stop from the speed limit and see if it adds up.

I saw on TV that the way to determine how long the yellow is gona stay on it the speedlimit for that street. SO if the speedlimit is 45mph it will be yellow for 4.5 second

Evolution.VIII
02-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok, I'll do it tonight when I get home.

Good luck.

suprapotential
02-05-2007, 04:37 PM
4 rules to follow for getting out of your redlight camera ticket

1. you never signed a citation promising that you will appear in court at a such and such date
2. your ticket does not come certified mail so there is no proof that you ever recieved a ticket
3. the ticket is not given to you by a on duty police officer.
4. it is given to you by a company that rents the camera's to the city of san diego so you will need a representitive from that company to testify in court that you ran that red light (highly doubtful.)

there are the 4 rules that you can never get a red light ticket.

Evolution.VIII
02-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Here is what my wife wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

When my car was approximately alongside the sign post that can be seen in the photograph, the left turn light at the corner of Trask and Harbor turned yellow. As the vehicle was traveling at approximately 20 miles an hour and less than one car length remained between my car and the limit line, I decided that it was safer to continue through the turn than to attempt making such a sudden stop. Abruptly, the light turned red. As my car was still in motion and I was already at the limit line, it was too late to stop the car. I had no choice but to continue through the intersection.

Good luck. And good suggestions mentioned in former posts. Just be clear and concise and it'll keep them from getting rich off of you.

Maybe take the money you get back from the state and get the scratch fixed on your baby.

Miss Evo8
02-06-2007, 11:05 AM

To Whom It May Concern:

When my car was approximately alongside the sign post that can be seen in the photograph, the left turn light at the corner of Trask and Harbor turned yellow.Â* As the vehicle was traveling at approximately 20 miles an hour and less than one car length remained between my car and the limit line, I decided that it was safer to continue through the turn than to attempt making such a sudden stop.Â* Abruptly, the light turned red.Â* As my car was still in motion and I was already at the limit line, it was too late to stop the car.Â* I had no choice but to continue through the intersection.

Good luck.Â* And good suggestions mentioned in former posts.Â* Just be clear and concise and it'll keep them from getting rich off of you.

Maybe take the money you get back from the state and get the scratch fixed on your baby.

lol ok thanks.. but the cars going into the body shop soon for a "refresh"... new bumper and the rear fenders widened....and the scratches

Evolution.VIII
02-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Wider fenders! That'll look cool. Are you going with a wider rim/tire set up too?

steve j
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM

To Whom It May Concern:

When my car was approximately alongside the sign post that can be seen in the photograph, the left turn light at the corner of Trask and Harbor turned yellow. As the vehicle was traveling at approximately 20 miles an hour and less than one car length remained between my car and the limit line, I decided that it was safer to continue through the turn than to attempt making such a sudden stop. Abruptly, the light turned red. As my car was still in motion and I was already at the limit line, it was too late to stop the car. I had no choice but to continue through the intersection.

Good luck. And good suggestions mentioned in former posts. Just be clear and concise and it'll keep them from getting rich off of you.

With this - you are lucky the "COP" - ie company never responded to your TBD - you admitted guilt in your letter. You won not because of what was written but because knowone for the other 'side' showed up.

CJAYX47
03-18-2007, 09:07 PM
was your vin number visible ?

veilsidefd3s87
03-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Has anyone recieved one of these and tried to fight it using a Trial By Declaration?
How it happened:
I wasn't sure if I made it through the intersection on Harbor Blvd and Orangethorpe... obviously didn't :roll: It was about 1PM...I was about 15-20 feet before the intersection and the light turned yellow..I glanced in my rear view mirror and seen that the car behind me was fairly close....so instead of having this guy plow into me I just gunned it through the intersection...the guy behind me followed...I saw the camera flash...If I had used my brakes and stopped I know damn well the car behind me would have hit me...now my question is has anyone fought one of these and won? I used TBD on a ticket in January and was successful..but it was a "normal" ticket. I am eligible for traffic school but the fine is $380 without Traffic School and $430 with traffic school! I have a clean driving record and I would like to keep it that way!

try to fight it as much as possible but its really hard because they only go by what they see so yeah. it happened to me and i got s.o.l. out of it and had to pay pretty little ticket with my name on it.

sleeping
03-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Just check ticket assassin, they have a whole section devoted to beating the cameras.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/autoenf_toc.html

all sorts of stuff to get you started. you can also get help from TA for you specific case.

drmosh
03-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Piece of cake 80% that are challenged are thrown out, including the one I fought.

Miss Evo8
03-21-2007, 05:56 PM
well we shall see how mine goes.. I turned everything in 3 weeks ago... still waiting :buck2:

jono
04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
just got one sucks@

evolutionrsgod
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
even if you do a TBD and lose, you can still appear infront of judge. But normally, camera ticket are really hard to fight off.

cky_bam_marg
11-12-2007, 11:31 PM
so is there any way to fight this sort of thing?

also will this throw a point on your driving record?

909EVO8
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I just pleaded guilty @ the rancho court. I mean they had pic's of me past the line when the light was red. :2funny: The original fine was almost $400 but the judge cut it to half if i went to traffic school. It was like $180 + traffic school

online traffic school ftw O0

vendetta714
11-13-2007, 12:23 AM
ya. Traffic school.

Get Firefox, go to Gotaticket.com, open up multiple tabs, complete traffic school in 30 minutes

drmosh
11-13-2007, 01:24 AM
80% of camera tickets are thrown out of court, fight it, you will win, I did, I just claimed I wasn't the driver and did not have to say who was.

Do a search through this forum, there's a couple of cases already.

cky_bam_marg
11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
80% of camera tickets are thrown out of court, fight it, you will win, I did, I just claimed I wasn't the driver and did not have to say who was.

Do a search through this forum, there's a couple of cases already.

well the car is in my dads name and all that so do you think if he went in and said that he didnt know who the driver was? he would win?

also i was thinking about going to the DMV today and saying the my license plate was stolen the day before i dot the ticket and kust order a new plate to show the court as proof that it wasnt me?

like ya i can deal with the fee's its the point on my record i cant afford and im not eligable for driving school for a while lol!

SVT04
11-13-2007, 10:04 AM
You can actually win those? The pictures I've seen taken by those cameras get really close lol.. but if you can win I'd say fight it!! :knuppel2:

bleakdragonmage
11-13-2007, 10:05 AM
well the car is in my dads name and all that so do you think if he went in and said that he didnt know who the driver was? he would win?

also i was thinking about going to the DMV today and saying the my license plate was stolen the day before i dot the ticket and kust order a new plate to show the court as proof that it wasnt me?

like ya i can deal with the fee's its the point on my record i cant afford and im not eligable for driving school for a while lol!

you can always request traffic school from the judge...just be polite and all that jazz and he will usually let you go...unless they are having a bad day in which case...pray

choicelaw
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
The law requires that the picture have a clear full shot of the license plate number along with an identifiable shot of your face for identification purpose. Usually you can fight on those two points, along with all the other things that were previously mentioned.

Good Luck

cky_bam_marg
11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
the thing is ther is another ticket ticket in my glove box and im gonna have to take driving school for that in about 2 months so i really cant take driving school again for another 18 months :-(

damnit !!!

do you think its possible to postpone a ticket for 18 months by that i mean the court date?

choicelaw
11-13-2007, 12:07 PM
18 months is probably unrealistic. Usually the court will only allow for 30-60 day continuances.

Blaze
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Red light cameras are fun to fight.
I'm fighting one right now.

There are a half dozen technicalities you can be dismissed for.

dabie
11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
good to know, theres a lot of these cameras popping up now

bleakdragonmage
11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
the thing is ther is another ticket ticket in my glove box and im gonna have to take driving school for that in about 2 months so i really cant take driving school again for another 18 months :-(

damnit !!!

do you think its possible to postpone a ticket for 18 months by that i mean the court date?

you can still take it you just have to ask the judge...my friends brother got 3 tickets within 45days of each other and was allowed to take traffic school for all 3

drmosh
11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
The above posters are correct, if you go before a judge, you CAN request as many traffic schools as you want... just apologize and say you'll take traffic school basically plead "no contest"...

We aren't lawyers so take what you see here with a grain of salt...

drmosh
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
This is a merge of all traffic camera threads.

bleakdragonmage
11-13-2007, 08:36 PM
oh and also beware...should probably warn you of the downsides of seeing the judge...

sure he can give you as many traffic schools as he wants...

but if he is having a really bad day or just doesnt like you he can also raise the cost of your ticket too...

just a fair warning

TB.IX.MR.SE
11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
dang!!! i got a ticket like these...in West cochina...they have pics of my front plate, back plate, and my face!! i was driving my dad's car...it's due on Nov 19th...do you guys think i can fight this?? and how can i fight this??

boostinbyyou
11-14-2007, 03:41 AM
i just went to fight my red light ticket........the cop didnt show up........i win.....yay.....

try it...i dont think the camera will have the day off, or get paid to come into court.......those things are busy little fukers...........lol

goodluck!.......

cky_bam_marg
11-14-2007, 08:03 AM
ok so like check this tell me if you guys think it will work

my dad goes to the court and asked to do a TBD *b/c the car is in his name*

so he simply turns in the TBD and says ya it wasnt him and he doesnt know who's driving and as evidence he will turn in a pic of himself and copy of his drivers license.

so that when the judge looks at the traffic pic and then the pic of my dads license then the case should be thrown out and no harm done right?

and that case should be thrown out?

boostinbyyou
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
did you report the car stolen......cuz if not....there is no proof of driver.....the registered owned will get the citation anyways.....

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Evoegg
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey, just 1 question since I am fighting 2 red light camera tickets right now.. (got 2 in 2 days WTF ...)

Do you still have to go traffic school even if your case is dismissed?

I was driving my GF's car, and she has to sent the Affidavit of Non-Liability first right?? and sent it to me and fight for it??

And I dont see any "red light" in my pictures, can I fight for that??

Thanks for Help. damnit 3 tickets in 3 days WTF?? never had tickets for sooo long and now all in once........

Evoegg

mbrickner
03-25-2008, 07:35 PM
No if your case is dismissed you walk out a free man and pay no fees; like it never happened.

If the light isn't red, then yes you can.Â* Is it yellow, green, what?

Evoegg
03-26-2008, 02:10 AM
No if your case is dismissed you walk out a free man and pay no fees; like it never happened.

If the light isn't red, then yes you can. Is it yellow, green, what?

It was on Flower to 10 freeway, under the freeway going on-ramp. It was green on left turn, so I approach to the on-ramp... light turned yellow when I start making the turn! and not even 2 sec I got flashed! THEN light turned RED.

WTF, I was mad as mutherfuker!

BTW, on my ticket... there were 4 pictures, but none of them captured the traffic light.. only some dump numbers on the center top... how can I fight? Thanks

Evoegg

mbrickner
03-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Wow I'm pretty surprised the picture doesn't show the light

Evoegg
03-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Wow I'm pretty surprised the picture doesn't show the light

Yup no lights at all, and whats funny.... the very first picture was taken when my car is still behind the stop line...

the camera flashed me before I pass thru..........

GAY!

Evoegg

mbrickner
03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Normally they snap the photo right before you cross the line.Â* But they also show the light is red to show you running it. And sometimes a photo of you over the line after to show you went through.

You should throw up a scan for us to see!

notw_evo9
03-30-2008, 04:15 PM
We just got one installed here in Victorville.... and its freakin gay, i hate them. lol

mbrickner
03-30-2008, 07:39 PM
^ Which intersection? I am out there every once in a blue moon for work.

notw_evo9
03-30-2008, 08:46 PM
^ Which intersection? I am out there every once in a blue moon for work.

it's on the intersection of Bear Valley and Armagosa