PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band

Debo
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Anyone picking this up? I got it last week, and love it! Guitar is easy compared to GH3, but to me, the game is all about the drums. Good luck with hard or expert if your not a drummer! The good thing is, if you can't play drums, this game WILL teach you the coordination necessary to play the songs. Learn to play the songs on hard or expert, and you'll have some basic beats down on a real drumset.

EVOL EDO
11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
if i knew somewhere to pick it up early i would have. but i will be picking mine up tomorrow.

EvolvedMCC
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM
damn i though $100 was a lot for GH3, but this is selling for $169 and you get even more "instruments." GH3 seems like a rip-off now LOL. plus Rock Band was developed by the original GH team so I just might drop the cash on this one, seems like a great party game.

boostinbyyou
11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
debo fukn kicks ass at this game.........on expert mode............. O0

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Debo
11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
damn i though $100 was a lot for GH3, but this is selling for $169 and you get even more "instruments." GH3 seems like a rip-off now LOL. plus Rock Band was developed by the original GH team so I just might drop the cash on this one, seems like a great party game.

It seems like a lot, but wait till you see the quality of the controllers! The guitar is way nicer than the GH guitar, BUT, if you are used to GH, you'll have a hard time with it. It will make a great Bass guitar for Rock Band though. The drums are much nicer than I thought they would be. I've had Drum Mania on PS2 for years, and never played it due to the crappy controller. The mic is USB, so I imagine it can also be used to record on a PC if needed. The bundle also includes a 4 port USB hub to make plugging everything in a little easier. The drums are also height adjustable, and can totally stand up to a good thrashing :)

Link19
11-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Getting my copy tonight at midnight at Wal-mart :D

dabie
11-19-2007, 11:50 PM
seems fun might pick it up

Link19
11-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Picked it up and seems fun so far. The strumming will take some time to get used to since its feels.....broken in a way LoL. All in all, the game is really good so far

Boosted
11-20-2007, 03:08 PM
SO is it worth the cash?

SpdyEvo02
11-20-2007, 03:38 PM
i will probably pick it up toady if there are any left

BUDLoNG
11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
just picked up the 360 SE package. Last one they had at the target by my house.
I imagine these will all be sold out after black friday

CICreations
11-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I took time off of work yesterday morning to go get this fearing that they would be sold out by the evening because they released such a limited quantity. We opened the box up last night about 5PM, pluged everyting in, and the damn drums wouldn't work....it's like the system didn't recognize them. We called Best Buy and they said to bring it back and exchange it. So off we went at 6PM for the 60 mile round trip back to Best Buy. Before we left we asked how many they had, they said they had a lot left. We got there 30 mins later, and they said they were out! We were like #$#@%#@%#@%@#$%#@. LOL
Finally they found one laying in the back so we got it, took it home, and played til 10! I thought it was alot of fun....I like the guitar better then the GH3 one, but I totally sucked at the drums. LOL

EVOL EDO
11-21-2007, 08:53 AM
lol i played like 3 hours with my sister and nephew last night. drums are freakin hard but fun. but the guitar is way easier than guitar on 2 and 3 for the songs i played so far. the guitar is nicer but just feels wierd to play. i need to start unlocking some songs.

DruMMinStUd06
11-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Anyone picking this up? I got it last week, and love it! Guitar is easy compared to GH3, but to me, the game is all about the drums. Good luck with hard or expert if your not a drummer! The good thing is, if you can't play drums, this game WILL teach you the coordination necessary to play the songs. Learn to play the songs on hard or expert, and you'll have some basic beats down on a real drumset.

True statement...my friend is a total gamer...probably has every game that has been out for the 360. He was stumped by hard on the drums...for the same song it took me 3 times on expert to get it down. It would confuse most people I think because you hit the same pad for something but they've changed what it does half-way through the song...just takes some getting use to.

I took time off of work yesterday morning to go get this fearing that they would be sold out by the evening because they released such a limited quantity. We opened the box up last night about 5PM, pluged everyting in, and the damn drums wouldn't work....it's like the system didn't recognize them. We called Best Buy and they said to bring it back and exchange it. So off we went at 6PM for the 60 mile round trip back to Best Buy. Before we left we asked how many they had, they said they had a lot left. We got there 30 mins later, and they said they were out! We were like #$#@%#@%#@%@#$%#@. LOL
Finally they found one laying in the back so we got it, took it home, and played til 10! I thought it was alot of fun....I like the guitar better then the GH3 one, but I totally sucked at the drums. LOL

We went to the Best Buy next to my friends house...they had like 60 of them just lying in the gaming section. It was like a massive wall you had to walk around...crazy.

IMO the GH3 guitar is wayyyyy better...the fact that this one is wired sucks. Plus the keys are really weird...and the whammy bar hits one of the buttons when you push it...pretty stupid. I played with the GH3 guitar with no problems.

SpdyEvo02
11-22-2007, 03:21 AM
wow i thought the drums were easy but that could be cause i used to be a drummer so it just came easy to me but i ended up using my gh3 guitar for the guitar on rock band but think that gh3 is was harder then rock band

EVOL EDO
11-22-2007, 09:26 AM
gh3 and gh2 are harder than rock band for guitar. and i use the gh guitar for rockband too. gh3 has some songs on hard that are harder than any of the songs ive played so far on expert. i still need to unlock more songs though. and i suck at the drums. i can do it in my head my lims just dont cooperate. my lim coordination is still off so im stuck on medium for now. but ive never touched the drums before.

CICreations
11-25-2007, 10:41 AM
OK, this game has officially taken over my life lol. My friends and I are playing this game until 2AM all the time now. I have to admit that we went to guitar center yesterday to buy a mic stand for the mic. LOL, I asked a guy working there where they were and what was the cheapest one they had, he was like "What are you using if for?" We were like "Rock Band". He thought we were talking like we had our own band and we were like, no the game lol. He laughed and got us a $20 stand.

antics22
12-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Does anyone find the plastic-ish sound of the drums annoying? I can turn up the volume on the sucka but then, my neighbors will have a fit!!!!

I wish the drum pads were more muffled. Other than that, its a pretty bad ass game. Im also annoyed that i cant use my GH3 guitar for Bass.

PS3 FTL.

Debo
12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Does anyone find the plastic-ish sound of the drums annoying? I can turn up the volume on the sucka but then, my neighbors will have a fit!!!!

I wish the drum pads were more muffled. Other than that, its a pretty bad ass game. Im also annoyed that i cant use my GH3 guitar for Bass.

PS3 FTL.

If it really bothers you that much, you can get some thin felt from a craft store, and attach the felt to the pads. You can also purchase "Drum-Mutes" from a music store, which are basically the same thing already cut. I also got some Zildjian 7a "anti-vibe" sticks, which are a little softer. They feel much better when hitting that pads also.

Here's another mod using gum rubber:
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15857

jbenosa
12-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Seems like every party/gathering I've attended (10), each household had this game. It's definitely addicting. I play the real drum set, but the rock band drums looks difficult.

muddyIX
12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
this game is bad ass and you can download more songs as well off of the marketplace....its well worth the money

Debo
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Seems like every party/gathering I've attended (10), each household had this game. It's definitely addicting. I play the real drum set, but the rock band drums looks difficult.

The only hard part is the hand/foot coordination. If you already play drums, you just have to learn the songs, and get used to the pads/note placemet. Timing has to be spot on also, so if you're a drummer who plays "behind the pocket" (like me) you have to adjust for that also. Luckily, I've spent a few thousand hours practicing to clicks/cd's :)

jayvolution
12-31-2007, 03:20 PM
i love this game

this game is bad ass and you can download more songs as well off of the marketplace....its well worth the money

how much are the songs? i havent checked it out yet.

antics22
12-31-2007, 03:32 PM
I Think the songs are like 3 bucks each or something along those lines... no?Â* Havent had a chance to check them out yet.Â* Still bummed about the GH3 guitar incompatibility.

Thanks for the tips Debo,Â* I didnt realize I wasnt the ony one with that complaint.Â* Â*Ill definitely take a look at those felt pads, which reminds me... I can probably try to re-use some of my felt liners on my old turntables and cut to size... woot!Â* Got plenty of those from the college DJ'ing dayzzz

SpdyEvo02
12-31-2007, 03:37 PM
my GH3 guitar works perfect for Rock Band

boostinbyyou
12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
yo debo.................i got the rockband and i kick ass at the drums.........wanna battle...........jk

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

EVOL EDO
12-31-2007, 08:19 PM

i think he meant the rock band guitar being incombatible with gh. gh guitars are perfectly compatible with rock band

Debo
01-01-2008, 01:01 AM
yo debo.................i got the rockband and i kick ass at the drums.........wanna battle...........jk

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Anytime!! My new drums will be here on Wed, so you might wanna try to play me b4 then, while I'm still using my broken drums ahaha :=)

antics22
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM

i think he meant the rock band guitar being incombatible with gh. gh guitars are perfectly compatible with rock band

On PS3, the guitars are not interchangeable on the PS3 console from what I understood... hence the PS3 FTL comment.

NO problems however for you Xbox peeps out there.

boostinbyyou
01-02-2008, 11:46 AM
WORD^^^........................

spankmyers
01-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Rockband is an awesome game.I play the drums so it's easy to me playing the drums there on expert mode.Only thing is the pad is so hard that my hand hurts easily.But still love playing it with group of people. ;)

boostinbyyou
01-02-2008, 12:03 PM
get the hallow sticks that the OP, debo was talking about....they feel really good......

Debo
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Rockband is an awesome game.I play the drums so it's easy to me playing the drums there on expert mode.Only thing is the pad is so hard that my hand hurts easily.But still love playing it with group of people. ;)

Zildjian 7a(or 5a) Anti-Vibes ftw! My wrists were starting to hurt till I switched to these. I found out about these when I had a set of V-Drums. They feel horrible on acoustics, but anything else they are a must imo.

spankmyers
01-02-2008, 04:01 PM

Zildjian 7a(or 5a) Anti-Vibes ftw! My wrists were starting to hurt till I switched to these. I found out about these when I had a set of V-Drums. They feel horrible on acoustics, but anything else they are a must imo.

Right now i only have a simmons electric drums coz i sold my DW Acoustic Drums.It occupies to much space in my room coz we just move in a condo.It's still best playing on Acoustic Drums.But for now i have to live with it.So the V-Drums isn't good also?I think the best one are those expensive Electric drums coz they used Mesh for pads.

Debo
01-02-2008, 04:26 PM

The V-Drums were great. I got a good deal on them, used them for about 5 months, then sold them when the novelty wore off :) Nothing beats acoustic drums. If I lived in an apartment, or needed to be quiet, I would get another set.

Right now i only have a simmons electric drums coz i sold my DW Acoustic Drums.It occupies to much space in my room coz we just move in a condo.It's still best playing on Acoustic Drums.But for now i have to live with it.So the V-Drums isn't good also?I think the best one are those expensive Electric drums coz they used Mesh for pads.