PDA

View Full Version : 355 WHP and 311 TQ Evo 9 20g TME 91 oct.....

EwaEvo
11-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Just got tuned yesterday and just wanted to say thanks to Alfred, Jen and TT crew for everything.Â* Hands down Alfred is one of the best tuners I've met.Â* I had a ton of questions and he answered them all.Â* Really down to earth guy and easy to talk to.Â* Believe me I had my share of bad tuners, one even blown up my motor.Â* Alfred is really dedicated to his work and over exceeded my expectations with my set up.....So thanks again....Oh one more thing...the drive back down to S.D. was a blast....smiles for miles.......

2003 Evo 8 RR
Mods..
Fully built motor. 2.0L
Balanced and Blue printed block.
CP pistons
Carrilo Rods
Balanced Stock Evo crank
APR main and head stud bolts
HKS Cams 272i/272e
HKS Cam Gears adjusted to -2in/-2e
Crower Valve train
Evo 9 20g TME
10.5 hotside Helix
Full TBE Tanabe no cat....Blue G
Walbor 255 fuel pump
AEM True Boost Gauge set at 20 psi
AEM AFR Gauge, under boost doesnt go over 11.3...sick....
Stock injectors...
And the most importand part......APEXi power FC D-jetro...full standalone unit....Alfred is one of the few who is a master at tuning this unit on an EVO...As far as Im concerned....

Silky smooth idle with cams and awesome spool up, no lag just straight up boost......all on 91 oct... TQ numbers are low possibly because of the engine not fully broken in...only at 800 miles....

Next mod....ALKY kit......looking to go over 400awhp.....

Smogrunner
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
In my best Borat voice: "Your fast car is verynice."

Great review. Hopefully everyone noticed "stock injectors." I'm telling you guys they are good for a lot of power.

Sean penn
11-21-2007, 10:34 AM
u should have gotten a gt30r.

EwaEvo
11-21-2007, 10:38 AM
^^^ yeah I should have also bought a FERARI....lol...Im happy with my set up for now!!!! But thanks for the input.

savior1974
11-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Congrats man... It was nice meeting you yesterday.

Smogrunner
11-21-2007, 01:48 PM
u should have gotten a gt30r.

You think like me - i.e. bigger is better. However, I like his setup. Should last, and would be a blast around town and on short racing courses - Streets of W. or autoX

smokinevo9
11-21-2007, 06:47 PM
with 355 whp i think that is plenty of power to go to bigger tracks like BUTTONWILLOW and put some spanking on some fags..........

mrcotija
11-21-2007, 06:48 PM
with 355 whp i think that is plenty of power to go to bigger tracks like BUTTONWILLOW and put some spanking on some fags..........

Yup, and it's a fully built block, so you don't have to worry as much about blowing anything, except maybe some boost lines? haha

WOT
11-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Nice numbers

FP Green Turbo 20g TMEwhere did you buy this turbo from? links please...maybe a typo

i would really like to have a evo9 tme...decent improvement over a evo8 tme compressor side & in theory should have better spool up too.

Evo8you
11-21-2007, 11:38 PM
it was nice meeting you, Very nice car and owner.

Paul

tabio42
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM

What? Gay people can't drive well or something? Or are you really going to spank them. That would be hot.

vortech_g35
11-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Interesting...

MJCT9A
11-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Interesting...

very....

alan678
11-22-2007, 01:39 AM
Good numbers..looks like the 20psi is hurting your tq...i ran 23lbs (peak, held about 22lbs) on 91 oct with favorable results..now you need to throw some race gas in her and see what it will put out!!!

Here is my chart for comparison sake...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/alan_678/Dyno-Chart.jpg

EwaEvo
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Congrats man... It was nice meeting you yesterday.

Thanks man,Â* nice meeting you too.Â* I had to drive up north so Im behind the power curve on this!

EwaEvo
11-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Nice numbers

FP Green Turbo 20g TMEwhere did you buy this turbo from? links please...maybe a typo

i would really like to have a evo9 tme...decent improvement over a evo8 tme compressor side & in theory should have better spool up too.

I got the turbo from Turbochargers.com....they built it up for me...and they called it that or similar to the FP Green...Basically an Evo 9 turbo with TME wheel....for better spool up..

EwaEvo
11-22-2007, 01:05 PM
it was nice meeting you, Very nice car and owner.

Paul

Hey Paul, nice meeting you too man....Im going to break the engine in a little more, only has about 800 miles on it now. So Im considering this tune as a break in tune and see what happens. I've checked all the couplers and lines, so far so good. Going to put about another 2000 miles on the engine then Im going for the alky kit. Got any suggestions....lol...

EwaEvo
11-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Good numbers..looks like the 20psi is hurting your tq...i ran 23lbs (peak, held about 22lbs) on 91 oct with favorable results..now you need to throw some race gas in her and see what it will put out!!!

Here is my chart for comparison sake...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/alan_678/Dyno-Chart.jpg

Those numbers look good man....I think we went a little conservative on the boost considering the engine only had 800 miles on it. Im happy with the results. After I break the engine in a little more I will be going for a race gas run and tune, or alky kit....we'll see....Im leaning more on an alky tune right now.

Dirty Harry
11-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Nice #'s on only 20 psi!

Was the reason it's running 20 psi due to being on stock injectors and/or still breaking in the motor? Was this on stock fmic and piping as well?

EwaEvo
11-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Nice #'s on only 20 psi!

Was the reason it's running 20 psi due to being on stock injectors and/or still breaking in the motor? Was this on stock fmic and piping as well?

I had 1000cc injectors and we took those off, didnt need them. Yeah still breaking in the motor. I feel safe at 20psi for now. I actually have Nesei lower and upper intercooler piping and an AMS intercooler...Was tuned on stock injectors and they were good enough. Alfred suggested that I didnt need 1000cc injectors for my set up at this time....

Smogrunner
11-23-2007, 10:26 AM
I got the turbo from Turbochargers.com....they built it up for me...and they called it that or similar to the FP Green...Basically an Evo 9 turbo with TME wheel....for better spool up..

Ah ok, then you do not have a FPgreen. An FPgreen uses larger wheels on both sides. The Evo 9 TME '20g' only uses a larger compressor wheel.

Agreed. Also, the turbochargers.com 20g doesn't make as much power as the FPGreen.

WOT
11-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Nice numbers

i would like to see your dyno chart....just curious to see your tq. trace.....if i didnt have a fp-grn, this would be my next choice, as i prefer to have transient response vs. peak power numbers......

WOT
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
:D

Alfred@TTech
11-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Thread cleaned, please keep this on topic.

Alfred

EwaEvo
11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Nice numbers

i would like to see your dyno chart....just curious to see your tq. trace.....if i didnt have a fp-grn, this would be my next choice, as i prefer to have transient response vs. peak power numbers......

Alfred, do you mine posting my dyno chart on this forum? I have it at home and right now Im visiting up north. Thanks.

alan678
11-24-2007, 12:32 PM
:D :D :D

Sxhawnn
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM
why was my thread deleted? All i asked was whether this number seemd like low for what he supposedly posted as an evo green. Now that I see that its not a green it makes more sense now.

EwaEvo
11-26-2007, 10:29 PM
^^^fo shizzle.... :mitsu: