PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart's "Secret Sale" on PS3 11/24-11/25

CICreations
11-23-2007, 10:39 AM
From 8AM on 11/24 (Sat) through 11:59PM on Sunday Wal-Mart will be giving away 10 free BluRay movies if you buy one of the 80G PS3's for $499.Â* From what I've read you grab a PS3, and pick out any 10 blueray movies you want and when you go to the register they all ring up at $0.Â* Plus you also still get the 5 free Blue ray movies through the mail.Â* That's 15 free Bluray movies!Â* Crazy.Â* And yes, I know that Wal-Mart doesn'tÂ* have that much of a selection for BluRay and HD, but word has it that they're pumping a lot of BluRay titles to the Wal-Mart stores just for this weekend.Â*

If you were thinking about picking up a PS3 for the holidays....this would be a good deal.Â* Just passing along some good scoop!

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=23991

*************ALSO***********
Costco has a screaming deal on a 58" Panasonic Plasma for $2399 - $500 coupon at the register.Â* Comes out to be $1899.Â* It's 720P, the 1080P version is $3,500.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11241282&whse=BC&Ne=5000001+4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341&N=4001374%204294967278&Mo=4&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Anyone else find any good deals for the Christmas holidays please post it!
-CI

CICreations
11-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Has anyone tried this today?

I was reading more about it online. Seems that "IN THEORY" you could go to walmart, buy the PS3 and get the 10 free BluRay movies, then take the PS3 back to a different walmart at a later date and say you got 2 of them as Christmas presents so you want to return this one. You say you have no receipt so they give you store credit. I know I spend atleast $500 a year at WalMart so store credit works for me. As for the 10 BluRay's you're left with, you can either keep them, or take them to another walmart, CC, Best Buy, where ever, and return them to the store and get store credit for whatever else you might want like XBOX 360 controllers or other games, or even trade them in for HD DVD's saying that someone bought them for you in the wrong format. :twisted:

Sr20kidD
11-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Has anyone tried this today?

I was reading more about it online. Seems that "IN THEORY" you could go to walmart, buy the PS3 and get the 10 free BluRay movies, then take the PS3 back to a different walmart at a later date and say you got 2 of them as Christmas presents so you want to return this one. You say you have no receipt so they give you store credit. I know I spend atleast $500 a year at WalMart so store credit works for me. As for the 10 BluRay's you're left with, you can either keep them, or take them to another walmart, CC, Best Buy, where ever, and return them to the store and get store credit for whatever else you might want like XBOX 360 controllers or other games, or even trade them in for HD DVD's saying that someone bought them for you in the wrong format. :twisted:

sorry, but this is the dumbest Idea ever...
just think about it ok...Â* Â*seriously...

if your going through all that hasle just to get store credit, just buy a freaking 500 gift card or whatever..

CICreations
11-25-2007, 10:38 AM
It's not just to get the $500 gift card, it's to use the over $200 in bluray's to trade back in for whatever games, controllers, whatever else you need. It's not a get rich quick man, just a get a few things for free thing lol.