PDA

View Full Version : Front license plate

termite_one
11-30-2007, 01:29 AM
I got a ticket for not having a front plate so i decided I am going to install one. Since I got my IX from south coast there was no bracket. I would prefer not to install that to keep the holes off the bumper. Does anyone have some suggestions on an install? I have seen the password JDM one and I dont want to deal with taking the bumper off and drilling.. is my only other option to use double sided tape or zip tie it to the grille? I would prefer something somewhat permanent so i dont have another BS reason to get stopped.

Password JDM: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=307338&highlight=license+plate

my car...... :)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/willkeegan/IMG_5426.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/willkeegan/IMG_5414.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/willkeegan/IMG_5407.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i101/willkeegan/IMG_5399.jpg

ev0ninerr
11-30-2007, 01:37 AM
I've seen double sided tape 3M work really well. I don't have a front license plate either, but just tell the cop or w.e. that your car came like that. I had a police officer that pulled me over once at LAX and he told me that it was the dealerships responsibility to have it on there. I was let go twice in two different places for no front license plate by a cop...but stupid parking violations got me twice.

TBEVO9
11-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Ive seen people do custom brackets. They are a 90 degree angle bracket that atteches to the non visible part of the bumper and attach the license plate to the bracket. Theirs pictures of it on the forum not sure where.

termite_one
11-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Ive seen people do custom brackets. They are a 90 degree angle bracket that atteches to the non visible part of the bumper and attach the license plate to the bracket. Theirs pictures of it on the forum not sure where.

its in the link i posted with the passwordjdm one. It looks cool, but according to the how to you have to remove the bumper. I am not into that. :p

Thats a good arguement ev0ninerr but I tried it this time and it didnt work. He told me "that doesnt mater because you dont have a plate on the front." He also made me pop the hood. I have an intake and I think i just got off because I wasnt being a smart ass to him. :lol: I would prefer to just avoid those encounters in the future. He pulled me over like 2 blocks from my house in a residential area. Talk about silly....

dabie
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
I've seen one that has a 90 degree bend and screws into the area right above the mesh on the left side, on the bottom of the overhang. It uses 2 self tapping screws, but the holes aren't visible at least.

You can find them on ebay for like 10 bucks.

dabie
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
attached a pic

JDMboi
12-01-2007, 11:17 AM
they sell a bracket at auto zone 10 bucks i think you can screw on the bottom side and it look clean as hell no tape you won t see the hole s look for it its worth it

camMCLEAN
12-02-2007, 09:26 AM
i think the oem bracket looks the cleanest of all ways of mounting it... it looks like its supposed to be there.. vs people always asking why you mounted the plate on the left instead of the middle.

pog0
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
zip tie to grille. get it signed off, pay fine, cut it off. :)

evoruff
05-18-2008, 01:11 AM
yeah but cops wont pull you over just for not havbing a front plate. If you arent wearing youre seatbelt, or loud exhaust or speeding gives them a real reason. If cops were to sit there and give front plate tickets then they would have speed traps and radar guns!

gsxalltheway
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
put the licence plate up in ur dash.

hellgunner
06-12-2008, 10:26 AM

still a ticket man, my friend got one doing that

gsxalltheway
06-12-2008, 12:06 PM
wow why cant cops jsut accept the fact that were not harming annyone

its a HOBBY...

i cant bleve u can get a ticket even if its on the dash

bs

darkevo
06-12-2008, 12:21 PM
I've seen double sided tape 3M work really well. I don't have a front license plate either, but just tell the cop or w.e. that your car came like that. I had a police officer that pulled me over once at LAX and he told me that it was the dealerships responsibility to have it on there. I was let go twice in two different places for no front license plate by a cop...but stupid parking violations got me twice.

that's why I never use my evo to pick up someone at the airport anymore, just get too much attention looping around.Â* I've been stopped at LAX before but only got a warning.Â* Have tint, no front plate, and loud exhaust.

darkevo
06-12-2008, 12:22 PM

also can fly and slice your neck off in a bad accident!! needs to be really secure.

fluxcapacitor3000
06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
what r u dropped on?

Evolutionized
06-18-2008, 01:24 AM
umm i got my car at southcoast and my bracket was in the trunk...

and its still there fk the front plate

awdlancer
06-18-2008, 01:30 AM
you can go to any dealership and get one for free ...

CASH$ MONEY
06-18-2008, 01:41 AM
fight the ticket. Tell the Judge that these cars dont come with front License Plates... like Most new Luxury cars dont come with them.... you should get away with it easy IMO...

Sean penn
06-18-2008, 01:46 AM
fight the ticket. Tell the Judge that these cars dont come with front License Plates... like Most new Luxury cars dont come with them.... you should get away with it easy IMO...

No u won't get away with it! All the judge is going to tell u is that it is ur responsibility to make sure u get ur front and rear plates. Trust me, I have been through this shit like 20 times in 4 different courts. O0

CASH$ MONEY
06-18-2008, 01:50 AM
sorry playa ^^ 8)

rtek
07-27-2008, 08:41 PM
take it to a dealership, they'll give you a free bracket, mine they installed for free

jo3y
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
say i got my car at a different dealer. (not a mitsubishi dealer)
would mitsu still give me one? or would i have to pay?

rtek
07-28-2008, 10:07 AM
not sure on that one. Doesn't hurt to ask. Just drop by a dealership and just keep it simple.

"I need a front license bracket due to a fix it ticket, do you have one?"

Don't even bring up that you didn't buy the car from them.