PDA

View Full Version : how to install a aftermarket 02 housing ?

JDMboi
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
im looking to buy a o2 housing O0 but have no idea how to install it :-\ alittle help please O0

littlejap33
12-04-2007, 11:09 PM
its a lot of work

littlejap33
12-04-2007, 11:10 PM
its easy if u take out the turbo

Terenus
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I did it without taking out the turbo, it's a pain in the ass.

+1 on taking out the turbo.

JDMboi
12-06-2007, 06:14 PM
^^^^^^HOW DO I DO IT THEN ??? HOW MUCH DO SHOP CHARGE YOU TO INSTALL IT ???

MoReRyCe
12-06-2007, 06:24 PM
open ur hood...
take off the underpanel or whole front bumper...
take out the radiator..
unbolt the downpipe and take it out...
you can either try and get to the bolts off of the stock o2 housing although like it is said before its a PITA...
or you can take off the turbo and then just take off bolts that look like attatch the 02 housing...

make sure to use plenty of wd40 or some sort of lube..

then just go in reverse to put it all back together...

if you can put ur own exhuast on and do your own oil and trans flushes than you can do it urself...

if ur the type to take ur car in for fluid changes because you dont know how .. then this isnt for you...

MoReRyCe
12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
and forgot to mention you have to remove the 02 housing.. i think its either a 22mm or 21.. cant rememebr.. you cna use either a special socket or a wrench...

JDMboi
12-06-2007, 06:48 PM
^^^^^thanks bro pop your hood nice one i do all my own work that way i can learn i had a honda before i like getting my hand dirty

thanks again MoReRyCe

Terenus
12-07-2007, 12:01 AM
and forgot to mention you have to remove the 02 housing.. i think its either a 22mm or 21.. cant rememebr.. you cna use either a special socket or a wrench...

A flare nut wrench would be nice for that and taking off the O2 sensor (22mm).

Make sure you soak the bolts with some PB blaster, that stuff works wonders.

Removing the heat shield off the O2 housing also helps to take off the O2 sensor, it is hard to take the heat shield off but it will come out even with the radiator on.

You can take the Ext Manifold off to make things easier.

I'm just typing as I try to remember what I did.

JDMboi
12-15-2007, 07:30 PM
^^^^^^ thanks for all the infoÂ* Â* i installedÂ* Â* a aftermarket exhaust manifoldÂ* or "header"Â* andÂ* a invidia o2 housingÂ* Â* with out removingÂ* the under panelÂ* or radiatorÂ* Â*but i bent two finÂ* in the processÂ* Â* itÂ* feelsÂ* aÂ* sh*t load betterÂ* O0 O0 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

jeric
12-15-2007, 08:07 PM
yeah...it's a pita re-installing the bolts on the invidia o2...if i had to do it again, i'd save time and replace all those crappy bolts with allen/hex bolts...can't fit a socket and you can barely wrench around with the holes being so close to the housing....crappy design lol