PDA

View Full Version : Im doing a research paper on Universal Healthcare for my College Class

Evo121
12-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Im doing a research paper on Universal Healthcare for my English 101 class, your input would be appreciated

Terenus
12-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I like the universal health care because of the the things I hear about people getting dropped after they are diagnosed with cancer or some major illness. Those may be true or false but no matter what, universal health care means less money for other agendas in our spending budget, or higher taxes.

yobless
12-07-2007, 03:40 PM
That's actually the topic that I am currently researching. I'm doing an argumentative essay on why this country should have some type of "universal" health care. It's very interesting how Japan, Germany, U.K., and France have their own health care systems set up; all different but at least they provide for all their citizens.

It's a good topic, someone will be like "hell no we don't need it" and others are for it. Good luck w/ the paper...I'm on page 8, 2 more to go.

EVOMANIAC
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Rent the Michael Moore film "Sicko" from Blockbuster.

Terry S
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Universal healthcare is a terrible idea if you dont like paying huge taxes and enjoy your health.

However, the healthcare system still needs to be completely recreated from scratch because its all jacked up.

Terry S

CRX2EVO
12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I voted no

BigBadEvoSE9
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
i also have to say no

free healthcare thats is unheard of...if that really some people wont need to work for health insurance....EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET A J O B to be healthy

Granny Shifter
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
only if malpractice becomes nonexistant.Â* dont compare us to coutries like canada.Â* a simple mri appointment could take several months.Â* the quality of healthcare provided by the us is good. hospitals incur many costs too. sometimes, it is cheaper to die.

SoCalRedLine
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
$611billion can buy a LOT of healthcare for all the people in teh US... but we like wars and wasting money...

...it will bite us in teh a$$ in the end...

another pisser, if you ahve NO money and NO citizenship, you get free healthcare in the US...and get BRIBED by the govt to get immunizations, and regular health care checkups.

Granny Shifter
12-07-2007, 05:26 PM
is your research paper argumentative? what stance are you taking on your topic?

Alucard
12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
We're the only country in the industrialized world that doesn't have it, and there's something inherently wrong with a system where health insurance is unfailingly the hardest to get for the people who need it the most, often through no fault of their own... pure for-profit health insurance has proven to be neither humane nor fair. Plus we pay far more than most other countries for healthcare and get crappier results than those countries in many areas as a result.

Boosted
12-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I think it should be free as long as you are employed and paying taxes

j_nizzle
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
meh, if i wanted to be european, i'd move to europe...

CRX2EVO
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I think it should be free as long as you are employed and paying taxes

Now that I'm a little more inclined to agree with. If you're not employed you don't deserve anything for free as you're a leach who is taking up space.

The low income family with people working multiple jobs who can't afford the most basic of health care should get some help from somewhere.

Terry S
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, here's what it boils down to guys & gals (SoCal lol). Do you really REALLY trust the government with your health? We can barely trust them with our protection (police), our roads (caltrans), our immigration (INS), etc.

So seriously think about it. Especially those of you who hate the US government (democrats, liberals, potheads and SoCalRedline). You really really want to give the federal or even state governments the burden of providing you with your health in both good times and bad? Do you really think it'll be easier than it is to get a building permit to build a patio cover (6 months btw)?

Terry S

Boosted
12-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I am not calling an end to private health care but simply have a federal option for those who are unable to afford a private option.

SoCalRedLine
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok, here's what it boils down to guys & gals (SoCal lol). Do you really REALLY trust the government with your health? We can barely trust them with our protection (police), our roads (caltrans), our immigration (INS), etc.

So seriously think about it. Especially those of you who hate the US government (democrats, liberals, potheads and SoCalRedline). You really really want to give the federal or even state governments the burden of providing you with your health in both good times and bad? Do you really think it'll be easier than it is to get a building permit to build a patio cover (6 months btw)?

Terry S

lol... we built our patio cover to all the current codes and regulations in 1997, and we got the permit after we built the cover. It was dne in a weekend, and only took us 1 month to get the permit.

who actually waits for the permit before building? the codes might change by then...lol.