PDA

View Full Version : ok i got the P0234 ( overboost)

phi_ho1
12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
ok i got the P0234 ( overboost). i need some help. i got EBC never happen before, i check the connetion behind the intake manifold but nothing was pop out. i did lower the boost down but when it hit 1.40 which is 20 psi it cut me off again. on the second gear it will pull from 3000 RPM to 7000 no problem but third gear it cut me off around 4500 RPM. i reccently custom an intake to fit the stock air box and it was find but yesterday i got an adaptor and a new filter for and the cel is on. how can i solve this problem. I fix my problem already I data log my car with the custom intake and the intake is the probem. the AEM custome intake was find but i took it out and put another one that i got from autozone in and it sux balls. the autozone intake look pretty and but no good. my airflow is going crazy from 230Â* to 88 and high RPM it drop to 8 so that is why i got a fuel cut and the cel is on for over boost. i put the stock box back with K&N now.

alan678
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Might be off a bit here but is your OEM boost solenoid still connected? I know it will throw a code if not connected but not sure on which code that is....

SoCalRedLine
12-07-2007, 06:01 PM
call TT, and get retuned...

also check the connections on your vaccum lines, and boost gauge.

alan678
12-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Haha...I should have read a bit more huh... :idiot2:

With the addition of an Intake the load cells 'usually' tend to go a bit higher due to the increased airflow...so if your Boost Limits are below your new target load cells this is most likely why you are getting the overboost code...

Also, with the increase airflow is the need for more fuel to accommodate the mod....i have logged a few vehicles that have dam near close to a 12.0 AFR after the addition of the intake when they ran about a 11.2~ before it....

Like SoCalRedLine said....get retuned before you cause any damage to your block with the possible leaner AFRs...

SoCalRedLine
12-07-2007, 06:28 PM
^best explaination ive seen so far.

Fwiw, when i installed my intake, my engine load went down 5-10%, my AFR's went about .25-.5 leaner, and boost went down 1psi... intakes can do wierd things to this MAF...

alan678
12-07-2007, 06:46 PM
I am sure if Naji finds this post he will make my explanation look like it was written by a 5th grader... Lolz!

On my setup i see load cells of 280~ on 23lbs/91 oct and 300~ on 32lbs/111 oct...

xEviLxVIIIx
12-07-2007, 06:54 PM
MAF is seeing too much air come in with new filter. so its going full rich and probably hitting fuel cut and ecu cuts boost. same thing happened to me when i installed the k&n typhoon, had to return it.

phi_ho1
12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
MAF is seeing too much air come in with new filter. so its going full rich and probably hitting fuel cut and ecu cuts boost. same thing happened to me when i installed the k&n typhoon, had to return it.

what happen next? wat did you have now? i'm going to the K&N drop in if this thing don't work out.